Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-11, 08:44 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Rush Fit Strength and Endurance breakdown

Because some of you have expressed an interest in getting this when Amazon and Mary release it, I thought I would do a breakdown.

Warm up 10:52

Workout: Five rounds at five minutes each with rests 29:47

Round 1:
Air squat
Iso squat
Hands off push up
Back extension
Pop up

Round 2:
Air squat
Squat thrust
Push up
Burpee
Lateral plank

Round 3 (uses db's):
Lateral lunge
Rotating overhead press
Rotating bent over row
Alternating upright row
Rotating curl
Repeat

Round 4 (uses one db):
Around the world
One arm swing
DB high pull
One leg single arm row
Diagonal press
Repeat other side

Round 5 (uses db's, floor work):
Twisting floor press
Other side
Half get up
Other side
Renegade row

Cool down 6:52

There is one modifier, the female. Most of them are barefoot, but GSP suggests in another workout that we not work out barefoot. It might be okay for this one since there wasn't as much of a cardio component. It was the plyo workout where GSP suggests we wear shoes.

If anyone has specific questions, I will try to answer them.

HTH
Old 02-01-11, 09:33 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks for doing this!!! What are your overall impressions of the workouts? Did you do them yet? Do you feel they were worth the expense? Are they challenging enough?

Again - thanks sooooooo much!!!
Old 02-01-11, 09:49 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have done three of the workouts. I did this one today and it was my least favorite but not because I didn't like it, but because it didn't have the cardio component the other two had. I also did the plyo one (my favorite!) and the other strength one.

So far, I am glad I got them. I've enjoyed them and haven't yet minded the same warm up and cool down. GSP actually struggles some and that makes me feel better knowing how strong and fit he is. I can't do all of the moves, I have to do the mods for some, and I have to go a bit slower than they do on some moves, but I've gotten a great workout every time. They're not really like anything else I have.
Old 02-01-11, 09:52 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Great news . . maybe . . is it great news if now I want it even more

I've been seriously eyeing the plyo one. I'm trying to wait it out - I'm figuring maybe they will eventually release them one by one - so I don't need to buy the whole set or pay the $19.99 plus $6 shipping for the plyo one on his website (ouch).

But, who knows, they extended the sale another couple of days, of course, they are watching me and they know once the sale expired I'll be able to hold out, but as long as it's still there . . . I'm itching to spend money I don't have
Old 02-01-11, 11:07 PM  
shelleyann

Can someone post the website info/link? I can't seem to find it? Are there clips? Thanks all! Hey Abot! Hope you are doing great...any fun new workouts lately?

Never mind..I found it. Thanks anyway. DDj, you'll have to know what you think of each of these if you don't mind.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 11:20 PM  
fitgirl-atx

I too am tempted to pick this up while the sale is in progress (also spending money that I don't have - LOL).

Responding to shellyann's question, even though she found the link. I thought others might find it helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Can someone post the website info/link? I can't seem to find it? Are there clips?
This is the link that shows the extended date of the sale.
http://www.gsprushfit.com/dvd/gsp_ru...aining_program

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 09:12 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hey Abot! Hope you are doing great...any fun new workouts lately?
Yes, actually! I just did Paul Katami's Hardball workout for this first time - I bought it forever ago but didn't have a med ball small enough to do with workout with - went ahead and did it will a dumbell and it was so much fun! I really like him the more I work out with him. How about you?
Old 02-02-11, 09:19 AM  
shelleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Yes, actually! I just did Paul Katami's Hardball workout for this first time - I bought it forever ago but didn't have a med ball small enough to do with workout with - went ahead and did it will a dumbell and it was so much fun! I really like him the more I work out with him. How about you?
Abot: (remind me your actual name again, if you don't mind)...I have been thinking about that one too. Is it super hard?? What weight ball do you use? Really fun, huh? I tried his bootcamp one and it was miserably too hard for me, not fun, though I know others like it. I looked at the clips at Mary's and it looks good though on collage several people wrote it was boring. I really like his older workouts.

Fitgirl-atx: Do you have the whole set? Tell us what you think of what you have... super hard?

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 09:34 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Abot: (remind me your actual name again, if you don't mind)...I have been thinking about that one too. Is it super hard?? What weight ball do you use? Really fun, huh? I tried his bootcamp one and it was miserably too hard for me, not fun, though I know others like it. I looked at the clips at Mary's and it looks good though on collage several people wrote it was boring. I really like his older workouts.
Hi Shelley, my name is Allison Yes, Paul's workouts are rather hard. I think hardball is easier than bootcamp though it really depends on how heavy you go. I used a 6lb dumbell for the med ball and found it very challenging. I like his workouts because they move so quickly - there is not enough repetition in them for me to get bored or to dread anything for very long. I also do modify his bootcamp in places, especially the pushup routine, I can't even do close to that one. Another fun one I tried recently was KCM's cardio blast - have you tried that one - so much fun - let me know if you haven't. It's not as difficult as other cardios I have, like TurboFire , but it's really fun.
Old 02-02-11, 03:45 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I have done three of the workouts. I did this one today and it was my least favorite but not because I didn't like it, but because it didn't have the cardio component the other two had. I also did the plyo one (my favorite!) and the other strength one.

So far, I am glad I got them. I've enjoyed them and haven't yet minded the same warm up and cool down. GSP actually struggles some and that makes me feel better knowing how strong and fit he is. I can't do all of the moves, I have to do the mods for some, and I have to go a bit slower than they do on some moves, but I've gotten a great workout every time. They're not really like anything else I have.
Hi ddj- you are so nice to post detailed breakdowns of workouts on this board (it's really appreciated), you inspired me to write one for the RF Full Body Strength workout. The Strength workout has big cardio effect, the Abs & core one had a moderate one. I am liking these workouts, I have not tried one that I did not like yet. The Abs & core reminds me of P90X Core Syn, but better. Are you going to work on a RF rotation? Or just using them in your mixed with other workouts?
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endurance, rush fit, rushfit, rushfit fitness program