Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-05-22, 04:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Laura, I did you 20 min KB core and liked it!

I'm a fan of less/more quiet music too. The only issue I had with the workout was there was no beep or timer to tell me when you were moving on to the next exercise, so I had to keep looking back at the screen more often than I would like. Overall I'm still very impressed though!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-05-22, 07:36 PM  
severin817

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Laura, I did you 20 min KB core and liked it!

I'm a fan of less/more quiet music too. The only issue I had with the workout was there was no beep or timer to tell me when you were moving on to the next exercise, so I had to keep looking back at the screen more often than I would like. Overall I'm still very impressed though!
I totally agree with you on the timer. I wanted add a timer to that video but I had to edit the whole thing on my iPad while traveling and I couldn’t figure out how to do it. I’d really like to take a class on editing so I can better at it.

Thanks for your feedback! So helpful!
Old 11-05-22, 11:58 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by severin817 View Post
Thank you so much for the in-depth feedback. Super helpful!

You're right about the search purposes. I rounded it to 20 minutes because no one's searching for a 23 minute workout. What I could do is put the actual time on the thumbnail. Or just make sure I actually keep it 20 minutes.

I'm sorry the music was distracting. I'll look at lowering the volume of the music on workouts where I'm not using the beat. I added that music in after, in the editing process.

I like the idea of doing separate floor work and standing workouts. I'm a big fan of add-on workouts. I'll add that to my list.

Thank you for your suggestions!
23 minutes really isn't a big difference from 20 minutes (it's often a big difference on other channels). I think it's fine if the difference is this much (under 5 min. difference).

I prefer no music, but I may be in the minority. Maybe others can chime in with preference?

I really liked the lower body workout. I'm not sure if it would be "worth" filming the same or a similar workout again. I guess instructors want to provide variety, but I don't mind having a few very similar workouts to rotate through, especially for workouts I like and want to repeat.

Old 11-06-22, 12:17 AM  
Venus

I did the 20 Minute Full Body Dumbbell Strength Workout. I feel like it hit all the basics with traditional exercises. I liked the overview in the beginning, the included warm-up and cool-down, the countdown timer. The actual workout was about 15 minutes, plus the warm-up and cool-down- you did a lot in 18 minutes! I liked the length and the 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. I used 5 and 10 lbs. and kept going through a couple of the rests. I felt like I got a thorough workout, but I can also see going heavier on days I feel stronger. I plan to keep trying more videos.

Also, you reminded me of one of my aunts in this video. I don't get to see her often (it's been a few years, actually ) and it was nice to be reminded of her. That may be why I liked your friendly, calming vibe.
Old 11-06-22, 09:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I totally agree with you on the timer. I wanted add a timer to that video but I had to edit the whole thing on my iPad while traveling and I couldn’t figure out how to do it. I’d really like to take a class on editing so I can better at it.

Thanks for your feedback! So helpful!
Well, I'm still very impressed with your editing! I do the tiniest bit of editing on my videos, and I know how long/involved the process is. For me, it's supposed to just be a side hobby, so I definitely present my channel as low-tech "as is," haha. But yours is extremely professional!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-06-22, 03:09 PM  
severin817

Talking

Hi Venus!

Thank you for your feedback. So glad you liked it!

And your aunt sounds like a cool chick.

I'm filming more this week so whatever you'd like to see, let me know!
Old 11-06-22, 03:10 PM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Well, I'm still very impressed with your editing! I do the tiniest bit of editing on my videos, and I know how long/involved the process is. For me, it's supposed to just be a side hobby, so I definitely present my channel as low-tech "as is," haha. But yours is extremely professional!
Hi Beth!

Thank you. I appreciate that! I'm having fun learning something new. Editing takes forever, especially when I'm learning as I go. But I'm trying to get a little bit better each video.
Old 11-06-22, 04:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hope you feel better quickly! Let me know if you have any workout suggestions I can create for you!
This Old School Susan Powter video is one of my favorite weight workouts. I am 67 years old and don't care for high impact, fast-paced moves, "creative" exercises, or rushed reps. I find her calm voice and style soothing.

Susan Powter Building Strength

It is not trendy or the current style. What I love about it is a loooong warm-up, moderately paced exercises with lower reps. So, one could go heavier.

Some workouts seem short, but I still have to add my own warm-up, cool-down and stretch, so it is still ends up being a 45-60 minute workout.

I'm probably in the minority.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-06-22, 05:05 PM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This Old School Susan Powter video is one of my favorite weight workouts. I am 67 years old and don't care for high impact, fast-paced moves, "creative" exercises, or rushed reps. I find her calm voice and style soothing.

Susan Powter Building Strength

It is not trendy or the current style. What I love about it is a loooong warm-up, moderately paced exercises with lower reps. So, one could go heavier.

Some workouts seem short, but I still have to add my own warm-up, cool-down and stretch, so it is still ends up being a 45-60 minute workout.

I'm probably in the minority.
I just watched the video you linked. I think this would be a great workout to record. My mother in law asked me to do something she could use to improve her stamina and balance. I’ll definitely add this to my list.

It’s funny. I’m aware of who Susan Powter is but I’d never seen her workouts before. I remember the infomercials she did and her personality is much calmer and encouraging in the workout.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 11-06-22, 05:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just subscribed and look forward to doing your strength workouts! I am relegated to very low impact and seated or mat based workouts right now as I am nursing a foot issue. So hopefully soon!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n

Tags
laurawellsfitness, severin817