Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-01, 08:34 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Trella (from Gilad's show) has a very different physique. . .

As I was previewing my Quick Fit videos I was very interested to see that Trella, Gilad's background exerciser since time immemorial, has a very new look to her physique. I normally don't discuss instructor physiques but in her case it is obviously due to the way she's training. She used to be very strong and muscular through her thighs. A very tiny girl elsewhere, but these BIG muscular, rock-solid, body-builder looking thighs (back in the early 90s in the old Bodies in Motion shows). Well now, she has more muscle EVERYWHERE, very cut arms etc., but her thighs have thinned down to about half their previous size! I thought she looked great with all that muscle, but she looks great sleeked down too. . . I guess I admire all different kinds of fit bodies. . . I am not saying she looks BETTER now, or that she looked better then, only that its obvious that she is training very differently. I might try posting on Gilad's forum and see if anyone could tell me how her training focus has changed.

Not that it would make any difference to me, poor ectomorph that I am. . . I can only hope for muscular thighs like Trella's old ones in another lifetime, LOL! I surely do envy people who can build muscle like that.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 09:04 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Are you sure it is Trella?

I only ask because I didn't think that Trella was on the new tapes, but her daughter is. I've heard that her daughter is on the new shows. Man, I can't think of her name, but it's right on the tip of my tongue. Emily, I think. I could easily be mistaken though.

Anyhow, I got my DH those tapes for Christmas, so I'll have to take a look.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 09:16 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

hmmmmm

Well it sure as heck LOOKED like Trella! If that is her daughter, there is an absolutely amazing likeness! Thank goodness none of my girls look that much like me, LOL.

I did look at the names of the cast and was momentarily confused because I didn't see a "Trella", but I did see a "Lutrell" and I figured maybe THAT was Trella. I also noticed that there are three people with the same last name, sisters maybe? (not that that has anything to do with anything, LOL!)

Anyway, I will have to investigate this now. . . I didn't think Trella was OLD enough to have a daughter old enough to be in one of Gilad's tapes. I thought, in fact, that she had a baby in the early 90s! Gilad used to refer to it on his show! But maybe I am getting lost in a fog here.

One thing's for sure, if one of us is wrong it is probably ME! haha. Well, well, off to inmotionwithgilad.com to investigate. . .
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 09:23 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Her last name

Trella's last name is Rothman, so maybe that will help. I thought she had her baby in the 80's, but then again (once again) I don't know for certain. Before they re-did Gilad's forum and lost all the old posts there was some discussion about Trella's daughter being on the show and that is where I first heard about that and also where I remember someone saying her name was Emily.

As much as I hated his old (unmoderated) forum, the new one is boring as all get out!

Let me know if you figure it out!

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01, 11:02 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Trella & Bodies in Motion

Hey SusanP & Joan, the weinie woman, Boadway,
I just finished watching Gilad doing curtsy dips on Bodies in Motion. He introduced his cast and the woman immediately behind him on my right was Trella. She's certainly very muscular & trim looking. Also she looks very young, perhaps too young to have a daughter old enough to workout with Gilad? Of course this may be due to great genes & the benefits of regular exercise.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote