Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-11, 11:53 AM  
sologirlie

Jenny Craig's Let's Walk It Off

Hi Everyone,

I seem to get more excited about working out when I can't workout....I guess if I can't get up and workout, then I can't help but daydream about it. I had some physical problems and am taking a couple more days off just to be safe Hopefully it won't be more than a couple more days...I miss it already!!!

Anyway, my "downtime" has give me some opportunity to surf the web and look into finding new and exciting workouts that I haven't heard about. I like to stay on top of what's out there While looking into something else, I accidentally found a newer workout series by Jenny Craig called "Let's Walk It Off." It is lead by Kim Lyons (the "nice trainer" from Biggest Loser). It's a walking kit (kind of like the Weight Watcher's one with Ellen Barrett) that includes a walk dvd, walk cd, and a walk guidebook. There is a "Beginner/Intermediate" set and an "Intermediate/Advanced" set. I can hardly find any info on this set anywhere on the internet! I absolutely hate that! You learn the importance of reviews when you can't find any. All I found is this one article that gives a little bit of info: http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-...er=print#print

In that article it states that these are outdoor workouts. That caught my attention, as it's always nice to have some outdoor workouts. I'm not that crazy about Debbie Rocker's walking workouts, but I do like that they are outdoors. I hope that this set will be better and more fun than Debbie's. I took a chance and bought both kits. I only see it on Amazon, and there was only one left of the Advanced one.

I will definitely review after I receive these kits. I'll keep you all posted. If anyone has either one of these kits, please tell us about them! Thanks

P.S. I personally feel that they should have had Leslie do this set!!! She is the walking queen!! She invented walk aerobics! I like Leslie's Jenny Craig ones...especially the Strength Walk.
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 01:23 PM  
Fit Kitty

These look good to me! I'm always looking for new walkiing workouts. I like that they're shot outdoors - you're right, why couldn't it be Leslie? They are a bit pricey, though.

Please keep us updated after you receive them.

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 07:05 PM  
LAC

Ooh, walking workouts in an outdoor setting! I'd love to hear more once you receive them. And I don't want to sound mean, but I'm glad to hear that they are by someone other than Leslie as I'm completely burned out on her. Keeping fingers crossed that you have good things to report.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 10:28 AM  
DejaDeb

I love walking workouts, and I'll be watching for your reviews!!!

Not that I need another workout ... of any kind!
Old 04-04-11, 10:38 AM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
I love walking workouts, and I'll be watching for your reviews!!!

Not that I need another workout ... of any kind!
Yes - I'll be watching for reviews also. The photo on the back cover looks like the Biggest Loser Power Walk set. I hope it's not that set ..... really dull. I know 1 picture is not a good representation.... so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 09:17 PM  
sologirlie

I hope it's not that set either...I agree...dull...I wouldn't think it would be since they are unrelated, but who knows...

The Beginner/Intermediate set is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. The other one has shipped too, but I don't know when it will arrive. Hopefully by the end of the week. I'm still having some physical problems and haven't resumed working out; however, I will definitely be looking through the set when it arrives. I'm so curious to see what it's like. I really hope it will be worth the purchase, as like someone said, it wasn't cheap! Especially since I bought both! I was only going to get the one and wait until I saw if I liked it before ordering the other. However, I decided to take the chance and buy when I saw there was only one left (of the Advanced) and I don't see it anywhere else on the internet (not even Ebay).

-Star
Old 04-04-11, 10:33 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirlie View Post
... I decided to take the chance and buy when I saw there was only one left (of the Advanced) and I don't see it anywhere else on the internet (not even Ebay.)
This just serves to make it that much more desirable, LOL!
Old 04-05-11, 05:40 AM  
Fit Kitty

Quote:
This just serves to make it that much more desirable, LOL!
Was thinking the same thing!!!!

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 02:22 PM  
DejaDeb

I called the local Jenny Craig -- she said they had them in stock for $24.99 each, but they are only available to members. I told her that was a shame, that I had several walking workouts (dropping Leslie Sansone's name! ), that I thought this might be a nice addition to my collection (although I have no idea if it would be or not, since I've not seen any clips, LOL!) and that Weight Watchers sold their fitness DVD's to the general public.

She said she'd check with the manager to see if they would sell them to me, then she'd get back to me. If they decide they will, I'd almost feel obligated to buy them, LOL!
Old 04-05-11, 09:15 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
If they decide they will, I'd almost feel obligated to buy them, LOL!

I hope they let you get them (if you want them, LOL). That's crazy that they only sell to members...pretty foolish too cause no one is going to get a membership just to get this dvd set. And the way I bought it (Amazon Marketplace), they make no profit.

Well tomorrow is the BIG DAY! I feel like I've been counting down to this huge event...LOL My Beginner/Intermediate set arrives. I hope it doesn't end up being a total disappointment. Unfortunately, I'm going to be down for a while longer, so I won't actually be able to try out this set this week...but will definitely describe in detail what it looks like/what I think of it.

- Star

Tags
jenny craig, kim lyons, let's walk it off, walking workouts