Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-10, 06:33 AM  
Erica H.

My posts were deleted at Cathe's forum and I was threatened to be banned

I replied to two of Chris' posts in this thread about the music in STS http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/...d.php?t=275366 I thought he was being very arrogant (surprise!) and felt the need to reply.

In my first post, I stated that I liked STS Strength, but didn't like the music. I didn't write anything worse than previous posters did - mostly that it was uninspiring. I also wrote that I love the music in Bodymax 2 and reach for that workout often because of the music.

In my second post, after Chris wrote how SNM spends more money than any other instructor in the industry and how hard it is to get good music, I pointed out that I liked Kelly Coffey-Meyer's music in Muscle Definition and that I didn't think that more money=better music in all cases.

I received an email saying that I had violated forum guidelines due to my negativity and that my posts were being deleted. The email also stated that I may be banned from the forum if I had any more infractions.

I've been a Cathe customer and forum member for a very long time. I think I've bought ever DVD since the late '90s except for the beginner/intermediate ones, but I won't be buying anymore.

I also posted this message on Cathe's forum minus the part about Chris being arrogant.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 06:36 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Aw, Erica, I'm sorry. I know you're a big Cathe fan. This bites, but reminds me why I don't go to the forum over there anymore. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 06:39 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
Aw, Erica, I'm sorry. I know you're a big Cathe fan. This bites, but reminds me why I don't go to the forum over there anymore. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Beth
I am a Cathe fan, but don't like the way SNM runs their business - it has bugged me for a long time. I should pay attention to the second quote in your sig when dealing with Chris.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 06:45 AM  
cherimac

Erica that is just WRONG. I don't go to Cathe's forums ever since I don't do her workouts anymore but when I did there was FAR worse things posted than that. And don't even get me started on Chris.
Old 05-20-10, 06:48 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't go to Cathe's forum anymore even though I've never had a personal encounter with Chris. I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's their forum and I guess they run it as they see fit.

I do think they spent a lot of time and money on STS music and are reluctant to admit that it wasn't that great in the end.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 06:51 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I received an email saying that I had violated forum guidelines due to my negativity and that my posts were being deleted. The email also stated that I may be banned from the forum if I had any more infractions.
There are guidelines against negativity? Interesting.

I agree that it doesn't sound as if you stated anything more negative than the posts that are still there.

Didn't Cathe's dvds sell just fine before she started selling fitness equipment, eggs and stamps? I don't understand what she's trying to do. It's quite sad, really.
Old 05-20-10, 07:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wow, I've heard lots of bad Cathe forum stories before but this is just plain WRONG!
Quote:
I've been a Cathe customer and forum member for a very long time. I think I've bought ever DVD since the late '90s except for the beginner/intermediate ones, but I won't be buying anymore.
I should say not, especially when there's so much good stuff to choose from these days.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:22 AM  
lizziej

Sorry this happened - but I am not the least bit surprised.
lizziej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:28 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Oh, I'm sorry. You sound as if you were being mild and reasonable, for sure. Something similar happened to me years ago, so I can relate.

They should just close that forum down. It is about the worst publicity they could want!

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:42 AM  
firewater

I don't know much of anything about Cathe & her workouts (except that they're very popular around here), but it's unfortunate this happened. It's really their loss for handling what sounds like a non-issue so poorly.

And good on you for posting that message on Cathe's forum too!
firewater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe.com, customer service, depends, fatso's bunny answering, fun-sucking shrew, jumping the cat, pootology, shock cardio, stain removal, sts