Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-07, 08:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

explaining the Firm Saga to DH - funny thread

i was previewing the clips for TLT workouts (tracie was on the screen) when DH comes in and asks "she looks familiar" so i proceed with my Reader's Digest version of how The Firm broke up into 5 different mutations / amalgamations. i felt so corny doing so, like i was discussing the history of the characters in the soap opera "the young and the restless" or something.

all he could do was stare and nod at me like a psychotherapist. (actually, he's always marvelled at Tracy's instruction and liked her TLT routines...he's a PE teacher).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 12:07 AM  
fatkat555

LOL!! My DH had glazed eyes when I explained it to him. My sister (a fellow vidiot) and I share any tidbit of info about fitness when we can and we've followed the Firm saga all the way through the years and fitness boards. I really think we'd be getting some great workouts had all that not happened. Greed.
Fatkat
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 05:44 AM  
annetteb

I know the feelin' that happened with me at lunch,explaining, Firm, Fitprime and Body Fit as well as City Yoga and Amba Yoga (Pam's Studio). And we won't even discuss health and nutriton and diet\ when combined about working out. Annette
annetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 05:44 AM  
annetteb

I know the feelin' that happened with me at lunch,explaining, Firm, Fitprime and Body Fit as well as City Yoga and Amba Yoga (Pam's Studio). And we won't even discuss health and nutriton and diet when combined about working out. Annette
annetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 10:26 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I was doing Firm Strength one day, and DH passes by and makes a comment about one girl. I told him it was Allie and he could not believe it, she looks so different! No tatoos! Anyway, I told him the Firm history, eyes glaze over..... Now I want to make a trip to Columbia. He likes to travel so maybe I will make it there one day soon!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 10:34 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think that even if the the original Firm had not broken up, some of the instructors would have gone out on their own to pursue individual goals. I agree that Tracie and Allie are both wonderful instructors, and I do hope the Bodyfit crew put out some advanced videos of their own.
Old 06-13-07, 10:47 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

oh yes, the hubby "eye glaze".

In my house it is usually followed by his "backing out of the room slowly".
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 12:28 PM  
steakhousegirl

This is so funny because yesterday as I was doing Cardio Dance Slim Down with Allie my husband commented on the silly stuff she's saying but then followed up with saying how fit she looked. I then went into a whole discussion about the Firm yada yada. With glazed eyes he walked away and I was thinking that he must think I'm a total geek who has TMI about exercise videos.

bzar: It was exactly like a soap opera diatribe. Oh well, at least we all don't do the glazed-eye thing which each other!!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 12:38 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl
Oh well, at least we all don't do the glazed-eye thing which each other!!
We need a glazed-eye smiley!
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 10:44 PM  
lindseylu8

My DH was shocked that I knew the names of the all the instructors...thats only the beginning I said dont ge me started on the Firm...

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything the firm, firm history