Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-01-24, 04:33 AM  
Helen

🌈 EVERY Day in April (2024) - Everyone Welcome !!

TO THE

Old 04-02-24, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for starting the new thread, Helen!

I woke up Sunday with a bad headache so I went back to sleep. I had planned on going to church but ended up watching online since I didn't have time to shower beforehand. Saturday I made deviled eggs and chai-spiced pumpkin pie so I didn't have to do it on Sunday, and then it didn't matter much anyway. I usually make ham, au gratin potatoes, rolls and deviled eggs for Easter, but I had to spend so much money last week on restocking stuff that I didn't feel like spending more on a ham so we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn and still had rolls and the eggs. The pie is good but it doesn't really taste chai-spiced, so that was disappointing. I am everything chai and pumpkin, all year long!

Saturday I did a short jump rope workout to keep my consecutive-weeks streak going and then stretched on my own. Not much, but it was good and at least smthg after nothing while I was sick.

Looking forward to the movies and supper with my friend tonight. We're going to see Ghostbusters.

Mon 4/1 142 minutes
10 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 23 Reframe, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Dr. Bri Pelvic Floor Balance & Impact Challenges At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 23, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Crossrope Fast Break Tabatas)
46 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Total Body Super Sets express #4) 1st time
23 minutes (from C. Freidrich STS 2.0 Total Body Stretch)
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.44 mi)
Pedometer: 13018 steps, 6.32 mi/Fitbit: 12631 steps, 5.97mi

This was the first time doing premix #4 of Super Sets, which was double supersets. I had only done single supersets before and couldn't understand why people were unhappy with the rest periods. Now I know! In between superset groupings there are 2-minute breaks, but each superset of two exercises are done without a break. When you only do singles, you have 2 minutes between and that seemed like a long time. But when you do two or three sets of groupings without a break, well, that really upped the ante!

I woke up sore already this morning so I did Yoga by Gillian -10 min Morning Yin Yoga - The ULTIMATE way to start your day, which showed up in my feed. It was just lying spinal twist to each side and then reclined butterfly, but it was nice.

I really need to get my butt in gear to get in workouts and shower before I have to leave for my friend's house! It's gonna be tight.

My new goal is to post my workouts regularly on all my check-ins but try to do personals on each one just once a week. Trying to do it on 7 check-ins every time I post is just overwhelming!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-02-24, 05:29 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Once again, thank you Helen for starting us off so colorfully, or colourfully!
Sorry you haven't been feeling well,Vantreesta. Sounds like you rallied to make a nice Easter dinner. Who says you need ham? No need to do personals, it does take some time and you are in a lot of check-ins!
Waves to Cleda!

4/1 - Day 3 Movement Challenge, Human 2.0
Unplugged #2024
4/2 - Day 4 Movement Challenge, Human 2.0
2 Mile Power Walk from Leslie's site

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
Old 04-03-24, 02:16 AM  
Helen

Cleda needs her arrow!

1st Drove to Sydney & had lunch with the girls. Went to a pub that was dog friendly and saw Bridget's new HOME. It's SO nice! Home by 6:30, so easily fit in Chris Dorner Fast Basic Step
2nd Back to the grind - SO needed Chris Mobility Challenge Day 1
not much time for anything else though - work to get done
3rd is today. 5km brisk walk with school + PJ Wren - Booty Challenge - Day 1 (Glutes & Core)

LILI
Colourful I've been reclaiming rainbows. Given that people get quite aggressive about them now (if they're homophobic :/) so I'm taking them back in my own small way. The queer folk (Bridget assures me that's PERFECTLY FINE, instead of LGBTQIA+, which is too much of a mouthful) can have them too - sharing is good.

VANNIE
I'm hearing you on too many check-ins. I'm just back here now - dropped everything else. Staying home is less stressful.

CLEDA
Told DH about the rower - it's available at our local sports store. I predict he'll get it & take it to the farm. I won't use it - too repetitive for me, like the recumbant; and would expect it wouldn't suit my size either. Gym here is well stocked anyway (understatement).

At work, we've reached week 10 already! Whoah that went fast! Feels like we just began a couple of weeks ago. March disappeared in a mire of silence for me.

The season change has arrived - comfortably cooler, but still humid.
Old 04-03-24, 12:22 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Getting my arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
1st

The season change has arrived - comfortably cooler, but still humid.
A little late to the party, but need my arrow!

Helen: You are so right!!!!! I am lost without it. But I haven't had any workouts to check in with. I am in my superman clothes as I type, so I am hoping that I will have SOMETHING to check in with later.

I'm doing just fine though. Went to Grounds For Sculpture Nightforms (in Hamiltown twp NJ) and it was quite the experience. I am glad I went. I became a member last October (it's annual thing, don't know if I'll rejoin, but it makes it worth my while if I'm going with guests more than a couple of times!). I was fascinated by so many of the displays. Just stood and stared at them as they played! LOVED it .....

Easter came and went. Nothing to report. Visited with some family the day before. Quiet the day of!!! I'm on a reading binge, so busy with that. Visiting local libraries (which I can use my "open borrowing" library card). YAY ME .....

Weather has been awful (exccept for an 8 hour window on Monday!) I feel like we might need to build an ark soon. But soon, very soon spring will be here in all it's full blossoms. Change of seasons (like Helen is experiencing in the opposite!)

Ok, gotta run. I'm just babbling anyway.
Got my arrow. Have a great day.
Cleda
Old 04-03-24, 11:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I only had time to jump rope and run a couple miles on the treadmill (bc it was kind of wet and icky outside). Jumped off the treadmill into the shower and almost straight from the shower to the car to get to my friend's on time! Today I intended to workout before the 12:10 first pitch, but I couldn't sleep last night and was up till 2:30 this morning so I slept in till almost 9:30 and just didn't get it done. Then I sat down with my crochet when the game started and accomplished nothing else the rest of the day! I made a little squirrel for my hubby.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-04-24, 06:52 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Sharing is a GOOD thing. I am always amazed when I realize how many people are still so prejudiced, regardless of their targeted group. Sometimes it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
Glad you had a nice visit with the girls!
Cleda - The rain has been relentless! This morning is the first day of seeing the sun in a while. Here’s hoping the sunshine makes us more productive! However, don’t underestimate the power of reading. We must nourish our brains as well as our bodies.
Vantreesta - I hate it when I can’t sleep. It throws me off for a few days. If you ever find a solution, please share.

4/3 - Jessica’s 360 Abs

Old 04-04-24, 09:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Lili, I started the Human 2.0 Movement Challenge in 2022, I think. I still have 8 days to go to finish it. And Helen, I started Chris' mobility challenge at the beginning of the year and have only made it through I think 4 days. I seriously cannot prioritize and think I have to do it all NOW!

Lili, I wish I had tips for sleeping. I was thinking yesterday that the changes in my sleep bother me even more than the weight I have gained in the last few years. I used to lay down at night and be asleep in less than 10 minutes, often less than 5, and sleep all night. I really miss that! I do think this time the big glass of Pepsi I had at he movie may have contributed. I never used to be sensitive to caffeine but anymore I have my one cup of coffee that's done no later than 1 PM and then any bits of caffeine after that are whatever might be in chocolate. I think this cup might have been a 32 oz, so that;s a lot more caffeine and sugar than I usually have. I was really feeling the lack of sleep by the time we went on our third walk last night. I made it to bed about midnight and slept well. Oh, one thing that did help Tuesday night was listening to a meditation on the Insight Timer app when I turned off the lights to try sleep again.

Helen, it's good to see you getting back on the horse with workouts. It's tough to get back into the habit, even when we enjoy it!

Cleda, will you be playing pickleball again? One of our catchers played in the off-season to help improve his baseball skills. That made it interesting to me!

I better get off here and start the day. I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch but she texted that she was sick, so I better use those hours to get some housework done!

Old 04-05-24, 11:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 4/4 171 minutes
5 minutes (from Cha-Cha Slide)
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 23)
10 minutes (from S. Bowen 10MS Pilates Perfect Body -belly)
15 minutes (from C. Jordan -15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)

5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
6 minutes (from Dr. Bri -3-Minute Miracle for Your Pelvic Floor, YT)
31 minutes (from 2.42 mi for ZL 10k trainer wk2 day1)
9 minutes (from H. Clare -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri -5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
4 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Hip Rock-Back: Low Back & Pelvic Mobility Exercise, YT)

3 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Simple Beginners Yoga Stretch Under 5 Mins! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 23, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Top 3 Pelvic Floor Stretches for Women and Men | Quick Release, YT)

50 minutes (from 2 dog walks 3.08 mi)
Pedometer: 16714 steps, 7.87 mi/Fitbit: 16876 steps, 8.15 mi

Old 04-05-24, 12:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/4 - Day 5 Movement Challenge
20 Min. Fast Walk from Leslie's site
I had hoped to get in some gardening after Baxter's appointment, but the weather turned on me.
4/5 - TURD
I woke up way too early, then went back to bed, then errands. I'm signed up for the Bird Rescue this afternoon, so that will be it.