Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-26-24, 12:55 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camember View Post
But I'm still interested in your certification. Knowing that it is online may suit my needs. When I end the nutrition course and end obtaining my driving license, I'm going to write Trifecta Pilates to know more about them
Beth has some information online. It's a 3 month course. I would look at your favorite YouTube pilates 'personalities' and see if they offer anything. Bodyline Pilates is one I love and they offer an online program. She's been teaching for decades. Stott has a program - that is one of the more expensive ones but I'm sure it's good. There are also reviews of different programs on YouTube and how each might differ. Basi is another big name.
Old 04-26-24, 08:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Active & Fit - Strength - Adita 4/22/2024 - 35 minutes

I really enjoyed Adita's strength workout - about the first 10 to 15 minutes was lower body standing (no weights) work and the remainder was on the mat with dumbbells (upper body and core), with a nice stretch.

Looking forward to the weekend - only 20 more school days, but who's counting!

Carol
Old 04-27-24, 02:58 AM  
Camember

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Beth has some information online. It's a 3 month course. I would look at your favorite YouTube pilates 'personalities' and see if they offer anything. Bodyline Pilates is one I love and they offer an online program. She's been teaching for decades. Stott has a program - that is one of the more expensive ones but I'm sure it's good. There are also reviews of different programs on YouTube and how each might differ. Basi is another big name.
Thank you for all the info. As I have time till I finish studying I'm going to check a bit about different online schools.
Old 04-27-24, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Something different today:
Workout Hotel Cardio Pilates Burn with Gliders 19 min
PA Additional Abs - 10 min

For those that like a little bit of everything workout hotel certainly offers that.
Old 04-27-24, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Trifecta Pilates - Feel Good Flow

I enjoyed both of these!

buffmama - I forgot about Workout Hotel! If I were to do any type of training in Pilates I think I would pick Trifecta as well - I really like Beth and her instruction - I honestly don't know why I don't focus on her program more.

Carol - thanks for the reminder about Silver & Fit/Active & Fit! They have good workouts and a nice variety.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
Old 04-27-24, 07:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - No Arms Pilates Workout - 30 minutes

Jessica filmed this workout not too long after her surgery. Pretty amazing. This was not a difficult workout, but I really felt it today - perhaps because I had done yard work earlier in the day, or perhaps because I was still sore from Adita's strength workout yesterday.

I'm a tired puppy!

Carol
Old 04-28-24, 09:47 AM  
buffmama

PA Standing Shoulder and Spine Mobility at the wall - why aren't these practices easier?! (I have trouble with spinal articulation)
Old 04-28-24, 04:09 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast
Ellen - Inner and Outer Thigh
Long outdoor walk - leisurely pace

I had a nice long walk with my DD today - so that was good.

buffmama - I also have trouble with that - my back is not mobile at all - and I have to work on it. The Ellen Upper Body Blast is actually quite good for that - at least lateral mobility/motion.

Carol - I think it is pretty impressive that Jessica was filing so soon after surgery. A lady at church just had breast cancer surgery - I don't know all the details, but I suspect it was a lumpectomy She said she may need radiation and possibly chemo, but overall it sounds like the prognosis is good.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday evening -

Donna
Old 04-28-24, 06:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did a longer Pilates routine today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvKV7cHE6EM&t=4s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 04-29-24, 07:55 AM  
buffmama

Flow with Mira Day 1 of 5 day challenge - 30 min just move (there is a beginner and intermediate 'track' for the challenge and you get the videos sent to you but it's not posted on YouTube); lots of articulation in this one

Tags
wall pilates