Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-18-10, 03:39 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Zappos.com - 1 day shipping for free

I ordered some Ryka's from Zappos last night. I picked the free shipping (which is supposed to take several days) and just received the shoes today. That's one day shipping for free.
Old 03-22-10, 09:54 PM  
andtckrtoo

LOVE LOVE Zappos! Every item I have ever ordered from them has shipped over night for free. They have the best service ever !
Old 03-23-10, 08:19 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I completely agree.... but Sancho, I have to know.... do you like the new Rykas? I was surprised how many people didn't like them in your other thread (can't remember if that was here or at cathe.com). I chimed in and told you to go for it because I like them -- hope you found they work for you!
Old 03-23-10, 09:59 AM  
kathys
VF Supporter

I had a really bad experience with Zappos last week. It was the first time I ever placed an order. Should I give them another chance? I was surprised because everyone seems to rave about their customer service.
Old 03-23-10, 10:23 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Kathy, what happened?

Gosh, I think Zappos is the best online store ever. Granted, their prices aren't great for most items, but you can not beat how quickly they ship things out, and their shipping/return policy is great.

Another company that is great also is Endless.com. They are based in WA state, so I pay sales tax.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Old 03-24-10, 12:00 PM  
kathys
VF Supporter

Debbie- Long story but I wanted to use some Verizon wireless rebate cards to purchase a pair of shoes and since they are technically credit cards they wouldn't let me use more than one on an order. I had to buy Zappos gc's with my rebate cards. Then the gift certificates were held up because the billing address on the cards did not match the shipping address (of course not because they are not really my credit cards). Spent much time on the phone with them trying to get the gift certificates processed. When they finally processed my order they shipped it out UPS even though it was going to a PO Box and UPS doesn't deliver to PO boxes. UPS looked me up in their system and delivered the shoes to the house where I used to live. Zappos had UPS pick up the shoes at my old house and instead of redirecting them to me, had them sent back to their warehouse. I was told they were out of stock except for that pair and I should watch the website to see when they came back in stock. They did process a refund very quickly but I had about 10 phone calls to UPS and Zappos and no shoes to show for it. I decided not to sit around watching the website for that pair of shoes and got them elsewhere (for about $10 less using the rebate cards with no hassles).

Thanks for the recommendation for endless.com
Old 03-25-10, 07:48 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I completely agree.... but Sancho, I have to know.... do you like the new Rykas? I was surprised how many people didn't like them in your other thread (can't remember if that was here or at cathe.com). I chimed in and told you to go for it because I like them -- hope you found they work for you!
Hi!

Yes, I like them. I've done 3 step workouts with them and they are fine. I started with a 9 (which was my size with the N-gage) but the 8.5's were better. My only issue is that my Superfeet inserts rub funny against the top of the shoe sole (inside bottom of shoe) and makes and awful noise. I'm trying to figure out a way around this. I guess it's the material the inside of the shoe is made with. I can't live without the Superfeet).

I'm returning the 9's (love the free returns at Zappos).

Thanks for the hint about endless.com. I'll have to check them out.

I say give Zappos another try. I've never had a problem with them and I've ordered about 5 times.
Old 03-28-10, 01:02 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Zappos is one of the best online companies I've dealt with. I have ordered quite a few things from them over the years, and they have always given excellent customer service.

Endless is good, too. 6pm.com is Zappos's outlet site, and there are some great bargains on there, although you pay $6.95 for shipping.