Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-25-06, 02:04 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Super "results" with Leslie

(Sorry Kathryn - I had to use the word - LOL!)

I've been doing my Leslie Sansone dvds while listening to baseball games pretty often lately. I use 5 lb weights and do work up a sweat. (I can't just sit there - I must move around - so I figured I'd pop in a less taxing workout.)

I've just noticed after about 2 months that my arms and much more defined. It's amazing - they look like they did after P90x. Who would have thought - Leslie Sansone dvds can really pack a punch! They certainly are for all exercise levels.

(Obviously I do other workouts besides Leslie - but this was the one real change in the last few months. I think it's a combination of almost daily light weights and calorie burning that has made the difference.)
Old 08-25-06, 02:09 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Okay Barb, which Leslie workouts are you doing? Of course we wanna know!
Old 08-25-06, 02:10 PM  
jbear

Awesome!

That's motivating as I am working out to Leslie myself. I'm hoping to see some good results soon. I've had good results with just Leslie in the past so her workouts DO work!
Old 08-25-06, 02:18 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I've been doing Walk & Jog and then anywhere from 3-5 miles on her 5 mile dvd. The key is definitely the weights. I just follow along while I'm listening to the radio. I slow down any fast arm movements. (I started with 3 lb weights and then moved up. I don't think that I can safely go much heavier than 5 lbs - I have used my 8 lbs, but I tire very quickly and the movements don't feel safe.)

I am doing these 4-5 nights per week in addition to Spinervals (4-5 days) and Slim Series (twice per week). I also do some extra Cathe ab work a couple of times and once in a while I throw in a step dvd.
Old 08-25-06, 03:05 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Barb, are you doing the arm movements that they do - when they do them (or are you doing arm movements the whole time)? Are you using the 5 lbers even when they are using the band, belt, etc in the 5 miles! Sorry so many questions!

Great information!

Linda
Old 08-25-06, 03:22 PM  
Sollamyn

Leslie without the sound?....Hmmmmm....

I think I'm gonna try it! The moves are so basic and simple. I could listen to the radio or my own music. That might work. I can only do the most very basic of aerobic workouts now and Leslie's WATPs fit the bill so I bought it. She seems very, very nice and sweet and all that--but I get SO TIRED of hearing her talk constantly, the same things over and over. So--even though these workouts are doable for me, they have a big dread factor, but maybe not so much if I don't have to listen to her?!

Sorry to hijack the thread in order to think 'out loud.' Barb, I'm glad you got 'results'!!
Old 08-25-06, 04:21 PM  
sophiesmom

You know...

Congrats on the results!

Threads like this really make me want to pull out my Leslie's and give them another shot.

Not to hi-jack your thread BUT:

I'm currently trying out a Jari Love rotation and maybe Leslie will fit the some of the bill. I'm tired of the Firm cardios I have, and I'm trying not to aggrevate or over train anything.

Would it be best to do Leslie w/o the weights?

Thank you!

Last edited by sophiesmom; 08-25-06 at 04:22 PM. Reason: where are my manners?
Old 08-26-06, 07:54 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Linda: I use the 5 lbs throughout (I warm up just a bit first and stop using them when I cool down). I basically do regular hammer curl type movements whenever Leslie is walking or jogging. I do all types of other movements - such as military presses (I do a lot of these because they increase my heart rate) and biceps curls with kicks. Basically, I just do whatever I think "goes" with the lower body movement. I do make sure that I get in some triceps work (usually with kick backs when she does hamstring curls). It really is very simple, I would recommend starting with 2 or 3 lbs and then moving up. I tried using the band but I just don't like it, so I've been sticking with the weights.

Sollamyn: I love Leslie's workouts for lots of reasons, but especially because you can be listening to something else. I also talk to people on the phone while doing her dvds (I could probably put it on speakerphone and still use my weights, but I've found that most people hate to be put on speakerphone, so I don't. - I guess there is a limit to multi-tasking! LOL!)

Sophiesmom: Why don't you just try using 1, 2 or 3 lbs first - you really just want to get your haert rate up a bit. You'll know when it's too easy and then move on up to 5s. If you feel "overtrained" go back to 2 or 3s.
Old 08-26-06, 08:25 AM  
Dabbadooey

I saw on the QVC forum where a poster said that she got great results doing a leslie dvd in the morning and the afternoon! She said it was more effective than anything else she had done!
Old 08-26-06, 10:13 AM  
withpopcorn

Glad to hear this!!!!

I may use this idea when football season starts in full swing. I get very nervous & usually DD & DH are napping....though I will need 2 tvs (not a problem!) to be able to do it, as I must see what is happening!!!

This could be an awesome season, no matter how well the Steelers do!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Liz

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, leslie success, p90x arms, walking with weights, weighted walking