Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-05-04, 08:27 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Info on Spin Bikes

Hi!

My husband is researching buying a spin bike and I told him I would check with the most knowledgeable home exercisers I know for further information. We know fairly little on the subject (except what I've read so far by doing searches on this site). Most of the posts I have seen are older and I wanted to get the most recent information. Any recommendations of which bikes to consider and what factors to think about? We have both used gym spin bikes, but it's been several years since we've used one. We probably don't want top of the line, but we want something that's going to last and be sturdy and durable enough for us to get a great workout.

Thanks so much for any information or links you can provide.
Old 06-06-04, 08:57 AM  
lynnem3
VF Supporter

Things to consider . . .

I have the Schwinn IC Elite and really like it. The deciding factor for me in choosing this bike was that I could have it set up and delivered, or else I would have considered a less expensive bike. Here are some things to look for:

Sturdiness
Belt driven vs. chain driven (I think the belt might be quieter and easier to maintain but not necessarily a superior option)
Adjustibility of seat and handlebars
Handlebar configuration/shape and thickness
Flywheel weight
Cup holders (wouldn't have considered this, but my bike has two and I use them both)
Stopping mechanism - The IC Elite stops just by pushing back on the pedals
Warranty and service

When I researched bikes in January, I found that almost everyone was happy with the bike they had chosen from the economical ENC 200 to the most expensive Revmaster, so hopefully you can't go too wrong