Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear > Shoes/Equipment/Gear FAQ's
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-19-02, 08:07 PM  
ALWixon

Best places to find step?

Hi-
I've just recently started working out with videos, and am thinking about purchasing a step. I've taken a few step aerobics classes and have really liked them, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the big bucks just yet for a step. I think I'm willing to pay about $50. Does anyone know where I can purchase a decent step for this price? Thanks a lot!
Old 03-19-02, 08:30 PM  
Sharonm
VF Supporter

used steps

You can check out ebay. I've seen them going for not much over $50 if that. If you have a Play It Again Sports around you, you may can find a used one in there as well. Brand new they're around $85-$90. It's a great investment though. I've had mine for years and it still looks like new but it gets used a lot.

ACE Group Fitness Instructor
Fit 4 Life
Old 03-19-02, 08:39 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

this place has a good price

http://www.fitness1st.com./Steps_and_Benches.html

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Old 03-20-02, 10:51 PM  
ALWixon

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks so much for the information--I'll be sure to check out those places!!
Old 03-21-02, 10:03 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I just started step aerobics, too, and also didn't want to spend $90 on a step. So I ended up with a Weider adjustable step that I bought at Sears for $60. DON'T GET ONE!! It was just awful from the beginning - not long enough to do any of the routines, made a funny sound, etc. I got lucky and it broke (bad design - no stop to prevent you from pulling it too far up)

I was able to return it and bought the Reebok step. It was well worth the extra money. If you can find one used, great, otherwise look at it as a great investment.

Gwynn F.
Old 03-22-02, 10:23 AM  
debclements

Fitness First

Just wanted everyone to know that I tried ordering The Step from Fitness First and it is backordered until the end of April...at the very earliest. :-( Seems everybody is backordered according to the gal I talked to.

Anybody know a place that isn't backordered?

Thanks!
Deb
Old 03-22-02, 10:33 AM  
Imani H
VF Supporter

Dick's Sportin Goods

I think that Dick's has two kinds of reebok steps. (One smaller home version and then one full size) I didn't look at the price but wanted to let you know that they are there.

imani
Old 03-23-02, 07:06 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Hi Deb & AL...

I called around for myself last week & found only one local sporting goods shop (Olympic Sports) that had a couple of steps ($79.99)...this store has two locations around me and only one of them had the step. Most places are back-ordered as you've discovered. I didn't buy the local step because it was the purple & teal and I am holding out for a black & grey one I ordered from fwonline.com ($69.99 plus $10 S&H) and it is indeed on back-order until who-knows-when. The price at Jane C's fitness first is the lowest I've seen. Good luck!
Old 03-23-02, 07:41 AM  
cyana

Galyans usually has the Step Co step for $69.99 if you have one in your area.
Old 03-23-02, 11:43 AM  
debclements

Backordered Steps

I don't have a Gaylen's here, but I do have a Dick's Sporting Goods so I went there yesterday and bought the Reebok Step System for $79.99. It's about 7" shorter than The Step, but I think it will work for me as I am only 5'1".

Hope everybody doesn't have to wait too long for their steps!

Deb