Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-01-04, 10:17 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

total gym XL & pilates attachments /videos

Has anyone tried the total gym XL with the pilates attachments and videos? What is different on the total gym and are the pilates exercises pretty good?
Old 05-01-04, 04:05 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

We had a Total Gym without Pilates attachments sitting next to a Pilates reformer. There's too much resistance on a Total Gym for me to do Pilates. Maybe that's not the same for you. You'd have to try it. For me it didn't work and that's why there was a reformer right next to it. We got rid of the Total Gym because we can do Total Gym exercises on the reformer but couldn't do Pilates on the Total Gym. I hope someone else answers because I'd love to know how Pilates feels on the Total Gym. It was next to impossible to have correct form because of the resistance.

L
Old 05-02-04, 10:59 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Hi Linda,

What brand is your Pilates reformer?

Thanks, Mary.
Old 05-03-04, 08:45 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi Mary

I have a Stott studio reformer. I have a bad low back and hip and Pilates helps keep me upright. It's the best investment we ever made.

L
Old 05-03-04, 11:19 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Hey Linda,

I just wanted to ask, do you find the need to still lift weights? Or does the resistance on the reformer do the job?

Thanks, Mary.
Old 05-04-04, 02:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

The answer to the question is yes the reformer can do the job very nicely. I used to do strength with Cathe or Joyce Vedral or Gilad but I gave them up for Pilates once I saw what the reformer can do. Once you try it you won't go back unless you want bigger muscles. But if you want bigger muscles, add more springs or cords and use it like a Total Gym. The reformer is very versatile.

Linda

Tags
total gym