Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-26-24, 07:49 PM  
fatkat555

Firm dvds for sale, but…

I know several of you have been searching for Firm dvds. I can’t remember who asked about the Hare, but FitFaves on eBay is selling some hard to find Firm dvds. The catch is they’re pretty expensive…

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item..._ssn=fit_faves

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-27-24, 02:32 AM  
Camember

Oh, wow! With shipping costs to my country they are pretty expensive. I would love to buy a lot, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

If only they were offered to buy digitally anywhere at a reasonable price...
Old 04-27-24, 07:42 AM  
Carol K

I'm so glad I replaced most of my FIRM VHS with DVDs in 2015 when Gaiam decided to stop making FIRM workouts. Fitness Favorites was having a sale on sets, so I got most of them there and bought the Goodtimes DVDs from Total Fitness DVDs, Collage, and Amazon. But they won't last forever, will they? I'll be 67 this year. Will they last the rest of my life? Is anyone laughing at the idea that I think I might be doing FIRM workouts 20 years from now?
Old 04-27-24, 07:56 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm so glad I replaced most of my FIRM VHS with DVDs in 2015 when Gaiam decided to stop making FIRM workouts. Fitness Favorites was having a sale on sets, so I got most of them there and bought the Goodtimes DVDs from Total Fitness DVDs, Collage, and Amazon. But they won't last forever, will they? I'll be 67 this year. Will they last the rest of my life? Is anyone laughing at the ide that I think I might be doing FIRM workouts 20 years from now?
Carol, I definitely plan on trying to keep doing the Firm workouts for the next 20-30 years, so not laughing at all because I have the same plan. I wish I had replaced mine, but that’s when my kids were very young. Even the sets were too expensive for me. I did replace most of what I have on VHS (which I still have) but I’m missing just a few and those happen to be the ones I probably would do the most right now so I’m always looking. At these prices though I’d just be content with my VHS. I learned how to take my player apart and clean it so for now it’s still working.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-27-24, 08:02 AM  
Carol K

Oh good for you, I still have at least one broken one somewhere. I actually had to buy a new DVD player a couple of years ago and was afraid I wouldn't be able to find one. It's so tiny. Someday it will just be a chip in my brain.
Old 04-27-24, 09:08 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camember View Post
Oh, wow! With shipping costs to my country they are pretty expensive. I would love to buy a lot, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

If only they were offered to buy digitally anywhere at a reasonable price...
Camember, if I find any at the thrift store, I’d be happy to mail them to you. DVD’s at Goodwill are only $1.69. I know postage is still expensive, but it should be cheaper.

The only problem is I rarely see them nowadays. But I did see a few a couple of months ago.
Old 04-27-24, 09:10 AM  
Gams

You never know, Carol. My mom is 91 and she still does Leslie Sansone or Jessica Smith every day, although she has a crush on Nick Drago, so probably mostly does the workouts he leads.
Old 04-27-24, 09:44 AM  
bubbles76

Camember which ones are you missing?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 04-27-24, 11:00 AM  
Camember

Thanks for your kind words and interest!

In DVD I don't have any. They are not available here and shipping costs are too expensive (they tend to cost more than the DVD), that's why I don't buy The Firm DVDs (or even almost whatever DVD I want, I've searched in Totalfitness, Amazon and Ebay).

I found a lot in YouTube and Dailymotion, but almost all are from BBS 1 on (the ones I'm interested in are Classics and all of the beautiful sets (mansion, library). I think I'm also going to like Fitprime/Kickbutt. I did Tough Tape 2 this week and it became an instant favourite.

In fact, I'm thinking about subscribing to Fitness Favourites streaming in summer, just to try all of them at least once. Not cheap either (and no idea if the service is good and easy to cancel afterwards). I don't like streaming, but it will be the way to have access to all the ones I want to try.

Haa anybody got this streaming service?
Old 04-27-24, 11:58 AM  
Camember

As we are talking about The Firm, here's Tough Tape 2 in Dailymotion, in case anybody is interested: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7kz16b

Tags
the firm