Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-13-24, 11:26 PM  
bfit

PT Injured Me: Now What?

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how I was disappointed in PT. Now I've been injured. I told the PT that the first exercises he prescribed caused new and extreme pain so I stopped doing them. Then he said something to the effect that "If you're unwilling to do those exercises I will prescribe others". The other ones were more strenuous than the first, and he had me do 20-30 reps of each of them at the appointment so now a week later I can hardly walk, and I have burning and stabbing pain in my knee. He says there is nothing wrong with my knee and that I am not injured. It's like nothing I say is believed. I'm supposed to go on a trip in 2 weeks, and now I'm not even sure I will be able to go because of pain and lack of mobility. I am so angry I don't know what to do. I don't intend to go back, and I have an appointment to see my doctor. He is the manager of his office so I can't complain to the manager. Any thoughts?
Old 05-14-24, 12:58 AM  
sugar rose

I'm so sorry that this happened to you! It's very upsetting to hear. Let us know what your doctor says!

I'd be interested to know which exercises he prescribed that caused you such extreme pain?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Old 05-14-24, 01:10 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

2 years ago, i went to PT for an injured hip, and it made it worse. I was limping a lot so I quit. I ended up getting a cortisone shot in my hip, and have had no trouble since.

If a PT ignores your pain, you need to find somebody else. you may want to check with an orthopedic doctor.
Old 05-14-24, 01:33 AM  
Camember

You need to change PT immediately. A PT injured my boyfriend about 3 years ago, treating a quadriceps fiber breakage as if it were a muscular overuse. It took him 2 months to recover with a new PT. As in every job, there are incompetent "professionals" everywhere. In my boyfriend's case, the new one was fabulous.
Old 05-14-24, 06:46 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how I was disappointed in PT. Now I've been injured.
I remember you posting and I'm sorry you're now injured. I think I responded to you that I'd gone through a couple PTs when my ankle flared. For sure, find a different PT.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado