Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-29-23, 09:47 AM  
alisoncooks

Paying for extra fitness content on YouTube

I know of several fitness instructors on YouTube that offer different levels of exclusivity on their channel. Earth & Owl (rebounding) has 2-3 different price points to open up non-public workouts.

I’m curious if anyone has done membership to a YouTube channel. There’s so much free content, I’m still at a point that I can’t see paying a monthly subscription.
Old 12-29-23, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

I like how HASfit does it, the videos are all on YouTube, but they charge for the rotations. It’s pretty inexpensive.
Old 12-29-23, 11:06 AM  
sherry7899

I love the yoga instructor on Yoga Upload. She has a separate channel with exclusive content. To be honest, I'd rather just just donate a few dollars here and there at this point. I haven't used all that is already on her channel.

I did poke around the content on her "paid" channel and it is mostly longer practices that I would never use. I very rarely do practices over forty minutes long. Daily I use 15-20 minute practices, and sometimes do longer practices on the weekend, but not longer than 40 minutes.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 12-29-23, 11:10 AM  
bubbles76

Between the quality, free content on Youtube and my vast dvd library, I can't see myself ever paying for content on Youtube. I'd pay a personal trainer first.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-29-23, 11:25 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Between the quality, free content on Youtube and my vast dvd library, I can't see myself ever paying for content on Youtube. I'd pay a personal trainer first.
Good point! I have so many dvds, plus you tube, plus lifetime memberships to Team Body Project and Body Groove and a bunch of Bellyfit workouts. I have no need to spend money on anything else...

Old 12-29-23, 11:25 AM  
wendug

I have considered signing up with Michelle Briehler for more content, but honestly, she posts so many free workouts I don't think I need to. Plus, she's been talking a lot in her workouts about supplements lately; she's being paid to be a spokesperson for them and it is getting annoying how much she talks about their products.
Old 12-29-23, 12:06 PM  
Sollamyn

Are you talking about becoming a Patreon subscriber for certain instructors? I am learning to play a musical instrument and I joined the Patreon page of one of the instructors I like. I'm at the lowest level ($54 for a year membership) and he posts new stuff very often, plus I can download his CDs and books and he does group Zoom workshops which I can get for free with my membership. I think it is very well worth the price I paid. Not sure how that would translate to fitness instructors, but if there is someone you really like it might be worth checking them out. Is there a monthly membership option, where you could opt out at the end of the month, if you decided it's not for you? If so, that might be the way to go until you decide to make a commitment or not.

Donna
Old 12-29-23, 12:42 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Are you talking about becoming a Patreon subscriber for certain instructors? I am learning to play a musical instrument and I joined the Patreon page of one of the instructors I like. I'm at the lowest level ($54 for a year membership) and he posts new stuff very often, plus I can download his CDs and books and he does group Zoom workshops which I can get for free with my membership. I think it is very well worth the price I paid. Not sure how that would translate to fitness instructors, but if there is someone you really like it might be worth checking them out. Is there a monthly membership option, where you could opt out at the end of the month, if you decided it's not for you? If so, that might be the way to go until you decide to make a commitment or not.

Donna
Thanks for posting! I may look for a guitar instructor someday.

Old 12-29-23, 02:02 PM  
alisoncooks

I have no idea if Patreon is the same as “friend level” or “partner level” (which were like a subscription of $5 or $10 a month. I’m very inexperienced with all this.

I have no problem with the “buy me a coffee” thing — I’d like to do that occasionally, if it were an option and I was using an instructor often. But I don't really want to get sucked into a subscription right now, especially since everyone seems to favor annual purchases.
Old 12-29-23, 03:11 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I have considered signing up with Michelle Briehler for more content, but honestly, she posts so many free workouts I don't think I need to. Plus, she's been talking a lot in her workouts about supplements lately; she's being paid to be a spokesperson for them and it is getting annoying how much she talks about their products.

It's been so long since I did a recent workout with Michelle, I had no idea! That would be so annoying about the supplement talk!! Thanks for the mention...I may need to preview them before I do them now!

Tags
youtube, youtube membership