Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-20-04, 11:28 AM  
punky3333
VF Supporter

Thumbs down Carushka.com

I didn't see that this had been started yet. Please let me know if I am not responding in the proper format, but I wanted to note a few things:

1) I love their clothes (although I find them a bit pricey) and they have some super sales.

2) NOT CANADA FRIENDLY. I would like to propose that we start this label for companies which make it almost impossible to deal with them (and perhaps don't want your business because it is more hassle to them). Maybe someone will start a NOT INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY label as well (and of course these should come with the corresponding CANADA FRIENDLY and INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY labels). To me NOT CANADA FRIENDLY is comprised of two items:

a) any company who only offers shipping via UPS. UPS charges Canadians an outrageous customs clearing fee that we wouldn't otherwise have if the parcel was shipped USPS (i.e. it could mean the difference between $5 custom brokerage fee for USPS and a % of the value fee for UPS that could be quite high). Any Canada-friendly company is aware of this, and offers people the option of having their package shipped via USPS ground, airmail, priority post or whatever. I assume that any company that won't give me the choice does it for their own convenience and not for the customer's benefit.

b) any company that just automatically charges $15.95 for shipping because you are from Canada (when most of the clothes items would be very light and could often be shipped for under $5) is just plain ripping people off. In my mind they are just trying to discourage people from ordering.

I sent an email to Carushka's customer service and this is the reply I got:

<<QUOTE>>
Jodi,

Yes, the only way we ship to Canada is via UPS. Many of our Canadian customers
choose to have their orders shipped to a friend or relative within the US and
then fowarded on to them to avoid customs fees. If you have any further
questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

xxxxx person's name blanked out for privacy reasons xxxx
Customer Service
CARUSHKA INC

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 04:50:40 -0400

>Hi,
>
>I had an order all ready to go this morning and then noticed your shopping
>cart - do you really ship all orders to Canada via UPS? And you charge
>$15.95 no matter what the size of the order?
>
>I just wanted to check whether USPS shipping was possible as I don't buy
>from any companies which ship by UPS - they charge very large customs
>brokerage fees compared to regular USPS shipments.
>
>I just wanted to confirm your policy.
>
<< END QUOTE>>

As far as I'm concerned, if they don't want my business, or want me to have it double shipped (to a friend in the U.S.), then they don't want my business. I won't ever order from them again, and I'll make sure others are aware so if they would like to support this, they can choose to not order, or to complain, as well.

Just my two cents....