Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-03-13, 07:37 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

How many check-ins are you in?

I know many people in my check-in (homeschooling moms) also check in on other check ins. I have tried this before and I simply CANNOT DO IT. I thought I would check in with those doing the Leslie challenge but even thinking about an extra check-in made me start feeling stressed. lol.

Are any of you non-checkers-in??

I wasn't in a check in at all for many, many years (1998 to, uh, 2005ish?), and the HSing moms check-in is the ONLY one I've ever stuck to, although I've tried several others. I just seem to have a mental block about more than one check-in.

I guess I'm just a check-in monogamist.

How many check-ins are YOU in??
Old 01-03-13, 07:38 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Obviously I am also terribly conflicted about whether or not there is a hyphen in the word check-in.

That is all. Carry on.
Old 01-03-13, 07:51 PM  
Loriann

Zero!

I tried a few times both here and other places, but I cannot commit. Everyone was very nice and I enjoyed seeing how others were handling the topic of the check-in, but then I became stressed over one more thing to do. Most days I barely get my workouts logged in the spreadsheet I keep........

I like popping in and out of threads that interest me on days when I have time, but will probably never faithfully do a check-in.

Lori
Old 01-03-13, 07:53 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm in just one... prenatal/post-partum although I am decidedly neither! But I love those girls so I just keep checking in (checking-in?) over there.

I tried two at one point, but it was just too much. I couldn't keep up.
Old 01-03-13, 07:57 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Nuggie's Auntie;2156134]I'm in just one... prenatal/post-partum although I am decidedly neither! But I love those girls so I just keep checking in over there.
QUOTE]

Hehe, our check-in is like that too; not everyone there is a homeschooling mom; most were at some point, some still are, some are planning to be. So there's a loose tie-in, but mostly we're just attached to each other.

And we all care very much about education, whether currently homeschooling or not. Mostly all at least supplementing our kids' educations.
Old 01-03-13, 08:00 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm not in any right now. I felt pressured to check in & decided not to for awhile. I've been in two, before, but I think that was only when one of them was either the "minutes per month" (which was REALLY terse, just the workout & number of minutes, no chat) or when one was short-term, like a yoga sadhana. I agree it's hard to keep up with multiple check-ins.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 01-03-13, 08:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am only in one on a regular basis - the barefoot check-in. I do occasionally pop in to the kundalini check-in. There are others that interest me because there are so many wonderful people on this site that I would love to get to know better, but I just can't keep up with more than one check-in on a regular basis.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 01-03-13, 08:21 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm notorious for starting and then stop posting in check-ins. I was very successful last month in the Christmas Countdown and now I'm in the Just The Workouts check-in. I plan on doing this check-in all year month by month. It's fun seeing what everyone else is doing and how diverse our tastes are.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
Old 01-03-13, 08:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just one. Classical Stretch check-in.

While I do, and enjoy quite a variety of workout styles, CS is where my heart is. Somewhere in the back of my mind I always knew I had to stretch more, but I thought that yoga was the only way to go, until I've heard about the CS here on VF. I'm going to admit it right now. I AM NOT A YOGA PERSON! I just don't click with yoga, and I'm relieved now that I've admitted it to myself. But I've discovered that I love, love, love Classical Stretch and Essentrics. They are the ultimate feel-good workouts.
Old 01-03-13, 08:36 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

In one, lurk on two.

Tags
check in, check-in, motivation