Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-06-24, 05:20 AM  
TracyQ

I recently did an older Cathe Live (#3), and she has a huge Egglands Best banner hanging in her gym.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 04-06-24, 07:21 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Being an "influencer" is the thing to do these days. It brings in a lot of ad revenue based on number of subscribers. It will help keep Cathe relevant and connected as she branches out. She's got the fan base, she should be very successful at it.
Old 04-06-24, 07:35 AM  
fatkat555

Although I’m not really interested in buying what she uses or recommends, I know there are people who inquire daily about clothing, self-care products, and nutritional advice, so I’m not bothered at all by Cathe highlighting companies that she likes. If she makes money along the way, that’s fine too.

I’m not big into the Facebook scene (I deleted my account because I got aggravated with the algorithm showing me things it thought I should see that were 3 days old). I still have Instagram, but that’s turned into a method of spamming my children and sister dog and cat videos. I’ll occasionally catch a Cathe or KCM video or post, but I’m quickly off of that app after sharing vids. The use of influencer advertising is annoying. I compare it to America’s Funniest Home Videos. It was funny at first because what you saw was organic. Then people started faking “funny videos” to get money and notoriety. Suddenly, the show wasn’t funny anymore. I think that’s what is happening to social media via advertising through influencers.

I spend most of my social media time here. You ladies are my “influencers”. Your advice and experience when given is honest, from the heart, and motivating. I love Cathe videos, but I discovered them through you ladies here. I research more from what you all say are good products than anyone else. Dang, you all could be making some cash!!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-06-24, 08:19 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Although I’m not really interested in buying what she uses or recommends, I know there are people who inquire daily about clothing, self-care products, and nutritional advice, so I’m not bothered at all by Cathe highlighting companies that she likes. If she makes money along the way, that’s fine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Being an "influencer" is the thing to do these days. It brings in a lot of ad revenue based on number of subscribers. It will help keep Cathe relevant and connected as she branches out. She's got the fan base, she should be very successful at it.
This is what I was thinking. She's definitely a very smart business person.

Erica
Old 04-06-24, 08:26 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Privacy vs influencer revenue

My concern would be privacy.

I know Cathe has previously shown short clips
filmed in her personal home, but in this promotional discussion she explains how the cats seen in her home are owned by her personal assistant (and workout video participant), Jen.

I could see her more curious fans wondering if she lives with another woman, and what her relationship status is.

I know she is a "public figure" but there is already enough personal info on her forum and website, including where she works and her schedule.

I am barely on Facebook, disguised as my dog - just so I can post neighborhood pet lost and found info. And I don't like that level of invasion of privacy!

I guess this is the way of the influencer world in the effort to garner revenue.
Old 04-06-24, 12:21 PM  
prettyinpink

I wouldn’t even assume it’s her home. It could be an office or something like that.

I think lots of influencers might seems to reveal a lot of personal information, but really aren’t. More than I would want to do, having my face out there to promote a business, but still fairly superficial. Cathe has been doing that part of it for years, making her business seem more personal by posting on her forum and having the road trips. She has also done things like workouts done outside by herself during Covid, or quick posts of herself, for years.
Old 04-06-24, 02:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

The last clip looked like an office (note the picture of her with Arnold on the wall).

It never occurred to me the people would infer that Cathe is “living with a woman” from her comments the Jenn is her friend an assistant, but TBH I never thought much about it one way or another.

I’m not “influenced” by influencers, since I don’t know them enough to evaluate the validity of what they promote. Despite working out with Cathe for many years, I don’t “know” her either. I hope this venture doesn’t stray into supplements, beauty products, etc., as no one will look or feel like Cathe as a result of ingesting or spreading any product or following any “diet” she may endorse. It would change my impression of her as an instructor if she started doing so.

prettyinpink, yes, the Egglands Best “partnership!!” Some of the old Lives have an Egglands banner, as has been mentioned. I “think" it proved to be a misstep on Cathe’s part, aside from the kerfuffle that happened on her forum. The banners, and I’m assuming likewise the “partnership,” faded quietly away after awhile.

I do wish Cathe well. I’m sure with the decline of DVD sales and product competition, plus her aging followers, she feels she needs to branch out. She does have at minimum a gym, etc. to pay for, and I’m sure the pandemic restrictions were costly.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 04-06-24, 02:41 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I do wish Cathe well. I’m sure with the decline of DVD sales and product competition, plus her aging followers, she feels she needs to branch out. She does have at minimum a gym, etc. to pay for, and I’m sure the pandemic restrictions were costly.
Have you seen this? https://42freeway.com/news/four-seas...urts-and-more/

I have no idea what finances are like for her business, but it seems like she's doing quite well. I think Cathe Live was a genius move for her.

Erica
Old 04-06-24, 02:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
How about eggs?

(remembering when she partnered with Eggland’s Best)
LOL, I remember that!

I don't mind instructors selling branded T-shirts, mugs and fitness equipment, etc.

As fatkat555 said, VFers are my main influencers/enablers!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-06-24, 03:38 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Have you seen this? https://42freeway.com/news/four-seas...urts-and-more/

I have no idea what finances are like for her business, but it seems like she's doing quite well. I think Cathe Live was a genius move for her.

Erica
Wow! No, I hadn’t heard about that! Thanks for sharing! At least her credit is good!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Tags
cathe, cathe social media