Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-02-24, 02:56 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Did Leslie Sansone *officially* retire from doing workouts?

I'm not on any social media so I really am not up with the latest. It just seems like Leslie stopped doing videos. Was there any kind of announcement?

(BTW, I sure hope she's a grandma by now because she seemed obsessed with grandmas!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-02-24, 03:24 PM  
Gams

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

P. S. I think she owes us an outdoor walk with the old gang before she retires.

Last edited by Gams; 05-02-24 at 03:25 PM. Reason: To add P. S.
Old 05-02-24, 03:44 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post

I agree!

I am sort of surprised she never officially said anything.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-02-24, 03:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i wondered about this too, however, i think they want to give the impression she's still involved because if she appeared absent or retired, people might not want to buy/subscribe.

she has a strong brand presence, as they say in marketing parlance.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-02-24, 04:17 PM  
Negin

I was wondering the same exact thing today.
Old 05-02-24, 08:37 PM  
MoFirmer

I think I read that she retired around the time of Covid. She wanted to focus on family and her grandkids.

I miss her workouts! I tried the new platform of instructors and they were not the same for me.
Old 05-02-24, 08:50 PM  
MissBliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
I think I read that she retired around the time of Covid. She wanted to focus on family and her grandkids.

I miss her workouts! I tried the new platform of instructors and they were not the same for me.
I think she retired as well, I also tried the new platform and didn’t really like the instructors. They’re great but I am a super Leslie fan so it just wasn’t the same as you said. I believe I read that her daughter now runs the business but nothing official has been announced.
Old 05-02-24, 08:51 PM  
MissBliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post

Absolutely this! I’d love to see the old gang one more (or a few more) time/s.
Old 05-02-24, 09:35 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post

I too tried her platform and just didn't click with any of the other instructors, and I tried a whole lot of them.
Old 05-03-24, 12:12 AM  
Abby

I think Leslie herself carries those workouts. They are very basic and that's the selling point, but I think her personality makes the workouts go by. Even with the sound off and listening to something else, she's very expressive and genuine. I like Kathy Smith's "march to fitness" which is quite different from Leslie, but Kathy acts like she's working really hard, and it tickles me every time because I never believe it.

Leslie pumped out tons of workouts that varied nary a bit and often had the same set, and yet I can remember them individually pretty well which surprises me. She just seems to be unique. I can't imagine a Firm instructor, for instance, leading a Leslie style walk. It would be like watching paint dry.

I think Leslie seems like a regular person, too. Like a friend or neighbor or cousin who bugged you to walk. While many instructors I use were college athletes or runners or models or dancers or something. Leslie just walked. I do wish she would keep going.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, leslie sansone retirement