Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-30-22, 08:47 AM  
ChelePA

Powerful Words

This post was from a Peloton instructor (Christine) on Facebook. As soon as I read her words, I knew I needed to take this cycling class. The music and ride were so inspiring and a great reminder of loving ourselves. I am. I can. I will. I do.

Tomorrows 10 am climb is for you.

I made a playlist with your song requests that is all about being seen and feeling empowered.

For us, with the softer bellies and thicker thighs.

For us, whose bodies show the marks and scars and weight of life and time.

For those of us who thought we would be more and be better by being smaller, thinner and lighter-
We are learning that we are more and we are well and worthy and wiser than any size can say.

Imagine what we might do with our time when we are no longer consumed with the size of our thighs.

Imagine how high we might climb when we stop subscribing to the mindset that tells us we are anything less.

Let’s ride.
Because these strong thighs and calloused hands can carry us up mountains.
Old 08-30-22, 09:22 AM  
rhbrand

Which ride is this? I feel the need to take it as well.
Old 08-30-22, 09:25 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Which ride is this? I feel the need to take it as well.
CDE’s 45 minute climb ride from August 22, 2022. Hope you like it!
Old 08-30-22, 09:29 AM  
rhbrand

Thanks! I have this bookmarked. Might try it on Friday.
Old 08-30-22, 09:49 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Thanks! I have this bookmarked. Might try it on Friday.
I usually do 30 minutes or less cycling classes. But this one was so good that the time flew by for me.
Old 08-30-22, 10:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for sharing this, Chele!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-30-22, 04:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thanks for this, Chele! I think we need to remind ourselves of these things, particularly when we are struggling or healing as I know you are doing.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 08-30-22, 08:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I love iFIT for the inspiring instructors, and Tommy Rivers Puzey comes to mind as he's a favorite and has gone through so much. If you don't know him just google him or look for him on YouTube. An amazing man with a beautiful, loving family and he has a heart of gold for everyone. He's the type of person that touches you, and makes a difference in your day with his workouts and the information he shares. Such a compassionate and kind human being. I could post links, but there are so many. Anyone in the running community will know this endurance athlete, I'm sure.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 08-31-22, 05:56 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I love iFIT for the inspiring instructors, and Tommy Rivers Puzey comes to mind as he's a favorite and has gone through so much. If you don't know him just google him or look for him on YouTube. An amazing man with a beautiful, loving family and he has a heart of gold for everyone. He's the type of person that touches you, and makes a difference in your day with his workouts and the information he shares. Such a compassionate and kind human being. I could post links, but there are so many. Anyone in the running community will know this endurance athlete, I'm sure.
I've followed Tommy Rivs for so long and his wife, Steph. Unbelievable fighting spirit and just an overall lovely man! He is an inspiration!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 08-31-22, 06:43 AM  
dlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I third Tommy. I'm healing from a bout with PF - can't wait to continue his walks.

Tags
ifit, inspirational, peloton, tommy rivs puzey