Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-03-04, 02:03 PM  
Emmanuelle

Question What is "world class legs" ?

Bonjour,

I'm wondering about this "world class legs" ( very appealing title !!!) some of you sometimes speak about.

If you can explain what's that, my curiosity would be happy...

Emmanuelle
Old 05-03-04, 02:19 PM  
Honeydew

It is a book

titled "World Class Legs" The exercises seem similar to Lotte Berk Method and The Bar Method. I got my copy at amazon.com hth.
Old 05-03-04, 03:06 PM  
keilan00

I agree with Honeydew. The also use balls for inner thigh squeezes.
Old 05-03-04, 03:10 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

World Class Legs was written by Felix Schmitt and Cyntia Tivers. It was published in 1994 and it is out of print now but several web sites offer used copies (I got mine on the Barnes & Nobles web site). The book describes a 6-week program that focuses - you guessed it - on the lower body. As Honeydew pointed out, the exercises are very similar to LB and BM but there are a few differences. First, the program recommends a lot more reps (and the number of reps and sets increases each week - brutal). Second, the program includes some unique exercises, such as pelvic tucks or plies performed with a ball between the knees (the pelvic tucks are similar to what Karen Voight does with the ring in Total Body Pilates and the plies can be found in Grace Lazenby's All the Right Moves). There are also some exercises performed with both feet on the wall and knees at a 90 degree.
I think this is a great addition for people who enjoy LB, BM or Callanetics but I believe it would be difficult to understand the movements/form only from the pictures in the book without having seen something similar on video first.
Old 05-03-04, 04:08 PM  
funathome

Red face Bonjour Emanuelle!!!!!!!!!

Been Missing YOU!!

I totally agree with Fuzzie's "assessment" of WCL......

ONLY...I will add that IT KILLED MY KNEES AND I COULD NOT EXERCISE FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS WHILE I RECOUPERATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the SWAP it went!!!!

POP in on our check in from time to time....MISS you!

Amy
Who is still working on her "squares De chocolate".....

"Why is it that alcohol can kill Brain Cells and NOT Fat Cells?!
Old 05-04-04, 02:10 AM  
Emmanuelle

Honeydew, Keilan, Fuzzie, Amy, thaks for your answers.

Amy, les carrés de chocolat are so difficult to make and see ! But French men don't like women with visible abs : visible abs are for men here, even if we love flat bellies on women bodies. French people love shaped and curved bodies with a little layer of flat to give a smooth look, LOL ! so, come here !

I've not enough time to go to the check-in regularly ( only enough time to quickly see the " general discussion " section. I've tried power yoga now, and see amzing results in terms of shoulders and arms strenght and definition, core strenght and quality of sleep. I love Callan's exercises but the works in the home have destroyed my schedule and I've not enough time to do all the exercise I would like to do, so, I do those who are the more efficient, everywhere in the body and mind.....but the peach exercises should be a good thing at least 3 times a week, I need to add them regularly, you're right !

Take care,

Emmanuelle

Tags
wcl, world class legs