Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-15-16, 06:03 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

SUPER tired with Cathe XTrain rotation

I'm about four weeks in to the 90 day undulating rotation and experiencing extreme fatigue. I have scaled back to five days a week instead of six. I'm 40 and haven't done much Cathe for years. I've done a lot of barre and other random stuff for a long time and felt like I needed to get back to more intense workouts. Wondering if the fatigue is related to the Cathe rotation. Anyone else experience this?
Old 09-15-16, 06:15 PM  
Tugger31

It's natural to be fatigued anytime you're doing a more intense program than you're used to. You could take a few days off and start back up or maybe just workout every other day until your build up your endurance.
Old 09-15-16, 06:17 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

I guess I've been working out for years and change it up all the time, and I just don't ever remember feeling this worn out with any other program. Maybe it's my age! 😳😳
Old 09-15-16, 06:52 PM  
Cafelattee

I do the occasional barre workout and it is no where near cathe cardio. If you have not done intense workout and then jumped into xtrain then your body may be in a "overtrain" condition. You are doing to much to fast. I would slow xtrain rotation down.

I say this cause you mention your age and I"m 46 and don't feel drained from doing Xtrain or RWH.

If you were not feeling drained from your previous workouts then I go with to-much- to fast

but if you were already feeling slow then it may be hormonal thryoid issue
Old 09-15-16, 07:08 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Just a thought... are you eating enough? I know we can't discuss diet here, but make sure you're getting the proper nutrients for such an intense workout schedule.
Old 09-15-16, 07:28 PM  
bubbles76

If you still want to enjoy Xtrain but are feeling fatigued, Candiceena posted a great scaled down rotation. It's 30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week I think. Still Cathe, still challenging, but way doable.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-15-16, 08:01 PM  
buffmama

I'm on my 4th week of XTrain and definitely felt it the first 2 weeks. And that was coming off a UFC Fit and S90 rotation. Scaling back and building back is never a bad idea. The workouts are chaptered so well you can always shorten them however you need to and slowly add chapters back in.
Old 09-15-16, 08:02 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Just a thought... are you eating enough? I know we can't discuss diet here, but make sure you're getting the proper nutrients for such an intense workout schedule.
I definitely think this could be part of the problem. I do struggle with not eating enough I think. Just busy with four kids and all of their activities keeps me from taking the time to properly fuel. I need to work on that.

I'll look up the shorter rotation, bubbles! Thanks!
Old 09-15-16, 08:20 PM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
If you still want to enjoy Xtrain but are feeling fatigued, Candiceena posted a great scaled down rotation. It's 30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week I think. Still Cathe, still challenging, but way doable.
Can you post the rotation here thanks!
Old 09-15-16, 08:33 PM  
angie_nrs

Do you have ICE? Maybe an X-train and ICE rotation combo would work a little bit better? I did that rotation this spring and LOVED it! It's in the ICE workout guide if I remember correctly. These systems are like sister systems/workouts with similar styles and pacing.

RWH is certainly more intense than ICE, but I wouldn't consider it more enjoyable at all. If you just want to take it down a notch, mixing with ICE (instead of RWH) and X-train would definitely fit that bill.

Tags
candiceena rotation, cathe rotation, potassium, short xtrain rotation, xtrain, xtrain rotation