Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-10-23, 04:37 PM  
Gams

Kelly Coffey Meyer with light weights

I just started using weights again after taking some time off because my shoulders were bothering me. I have a bunch of Kelly’s workouts but don’t remember the content of each very well. Can anyone tell me the names of a couple of her workouts where she uses lighter weights besides Start Here and Body Design? Thanks!
Old 08-10-23, 04:45 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I think the 2nd workout on Sculpting Rx uses lighter weights mixed with cardio.
Old 08-10-23, 04:55 PM  
alisoncooks

I remember those early workouts being lighter weights. NYC New You Coming, particularly…? Muscle Definition was pretty light weight (at least for me).
Old 08-10-23, 05:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I would say Your Best Body and Muscle Definition right off the top of my head. I don't know if you like circuits or boxing? Do you just want weights only? I would have to look at my DVDs to know for sure. Many of Kelly's are a mix of cardio/boxing or moderate to heavier weights. You could of course use lighter weights for any of the weight only workouts.

Body Shop
LIFT(workout two)
Muscle Definition
Your Best Body
Sculpting Rx (workout two)
Split Sessions
Super Sculpt
Trim Down (does have some boxing but may have premix of weights only?)

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 08-11-23, 02:39 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Start Here. Kelly intended it for newbies and those returning to activity. I don't find it overly easy though.
Old 08-11-23, 03:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you can choose any workout and use very light weights and increase the poundage as needed.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-11-23, 04:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Start Here. Kelly intended it for newbies and those returning to activity. I don't find it overly easy though.
I really enjoy "Start Here", but I think it's one of the premixes where there are some fun ski moves, hip drops, light weight work, good music. I immediately thought of Start Here because of the light weights and fun combos. It's a happy workout. And, I don't find it too easy, but of all of Kelly's workouts (comparatively speaking) it is. It always puts me in a good mood. One I reach for if I don't know what to do for the day.

May Focus:
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 08-11-23, 05:20 PM  
Gams

I like Start Here, too. My memory’s not so good, but I also really liked (I think) Trim and Tone from the Build and Burn DVD. I think that’s the one where you use just one set of weights and do something like 3 sets of reps of 7 different exercises and the workout is less than a half hour long - maybe only 23 minutes or so? I would use my beloved 7-pound orange weights. I’m going to have to try that one this weekend.
Old 08-13-23, 04:31 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

When I restated earlier this year I used Muscle Up Lift to be Fit with light weights even though it is designed to be a heavier weight workout. She only does eight reps most of the time, and I wanted to start with lower reps so I would not get too sore. One of the modifiers uses less weight than Kelly so that's who I followed. IOW, you can use whatever weights work for you. I like to keep the reps consistent while increasing weight so that's what I did.
Old 08-14-23, 01:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Total Body Timesaver (Sculpt) RAW DVD!

I just wanted to add that Kelly has an Interval workout on her new Sculpt workout that uses light dumbbells and a step. The step routine is described as "basic" and I can't imagine it would be any other in a short, fifteen minute workout. I haven't tried this one yet, but might give it a go this week!

May Focus:

Tags
kcm, trim down