Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-17-14, 07:33 AM  
deineira

Search Feature

Hello,
This is a question about the search feature. I am trying to do a search for DDP yoga. I searched by post and by thread, and was told both times there were no results. There is a thread on the first page that has DDP in the title, and I've seen this on the forum before, which is why I'm trying to search to learn more about it! What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you.
Old 01-17-14, 07:46 AM  
PrairieGem

The search feature won't allow you to search for words shorter than four letters (DDP), words that are too common (yoga), or words that are too long (kinesiology). However, you *can* use the Advanced Search feature to search by tag--and there are several threads tagged with DDP Yoga. (I know this because I just searched for DDP Yoga this week!) When you pull down the search menu, click on Advanced. You'll get a whole new page, and the tag search is down in the lower right.

HTH!
Old 01-17-14, 08:13 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I unsuccessfully searched for that a while back, too.

Search totally confuses me. Just yesterday I searched for 'shorter workouts.' Up came tons of threads that had nothing to do with shorter workouts. I was searching for 'shorter workouts' in the thread title because I remembered seeing one a week or so ago. I rarely find what I'm looking for. I guess I just don't 'get it.'
Old 01-17-14, 08:15 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Sometimes I end up using Google to search when I can't find a thread through the forum search. Type the terms you want ("Hip Hop Abs + hybrid rotation", then site:videofitness.com or site:forum.videofitness.com and you should get a number of relevant hits.
Old 01-17-14, 08:23 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You can also use search tag. It's under 'Advanced Search'. That's why it's nice to tag all your threads...

http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=ddp+yoga
Old 01-17-14, 08:44 AM  
txfitmom

I also use Google for searching on this website and really on other websites as well, much much easier to use.

I typed DDP Yoga Videofitness into Google and got this:

DDP Yoga

Shorter Workouts Videofitness gave me this:

Shorter Workouts

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
Old 01-17-14, 09:07 AM  
BigBadBetty

You can use Google to search within sites. Just go into a Google search and type: ddp site:videofitness.com. That will bring up every instance of ddp on the domain videofitness.com. Or you can fill out the form at http://www.google.com/advanced_search.
Old 01-17-14, 09:33 AM  
deineira

Thanks for all of the helpful responses!! I'm off to learn more about DDP yoga thanks to you. I may be less thankfully when I whip out my credit card, but we'll see how it goes...

Tags
ddp yoga, search