Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-23-15, 09:33 AM  
lesia

Oldie but Goodie?

Anyone returning to the oldies but goodies? What I mean is using older workouts which are enjoyable to you. Here's a sample:

Step Reebok Intense Moves
Step Reebok Extreme Step
Kathy Smith Great Buns & Thighs
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body WO (these are really not older, but I haven't done them yet.)
I did The Firm for years, yet I can't bring myself to do them again. Weird I know.
I'm also thinking about going back and doing some older Cathe.

Any others you can think of?

Decisions Decisions.

Lesia
Old 08-23-15, 09:55 AM  
PennyK

I just did an oldie yesterday, Esquire Great Body Stretching For Energy with Deborah Crocker (love her)! I actually have most of the Esquire's with her and love them! Some other personal favorites are Cher's Body Confidence, Cosmopolitan Tonetics (have several in this series), Rejuvenetics, Denise Austin Hit The Spot Series, and Tamilee Webb Quick Toning Series. I know I have others, but these are some of my very favorite ones that I have used most often!

*I can't believe I forgot about Susan Powter's Moving With Susan, my very first and most used step video! I also love her and have several more of her videos. I also have a love fest with Margaret Richard and her videos, my first was High Voltage. And Joyce Vedral's book Bottoms Up and now her videos.
Old 08-23-15, 10:12 AM  
MARIKA

Lesia, I have been doing them all lately!! Im trying to back of the Hiit as much. I am happy to report I am down 5 pds. Plus it makes me smile going old school. I got to say my fave is the Cher step workout. Cracks me up!
Old 08-23-15, 10:27 AM  
PhyllisG

[QUOTE=lesia;2560143]Anyone returning to the oldies but goodies? What I mean is using older workouts which are enjoyable to you. Here's a sample:
I did The Firm for years, yet I can't bring myself to do them again. Weird

I too did the Firm forever but can no longer do them. So I am weird too.
I just bought 2 Rachel McLish books on amazon and plan on doing paper workouts for lifting.
Going back to the beginning....lifting, yoga and long outside walks. Very basic and simple.
I almost just jumped onto 2 bandwagons and decided to wait a bit and glad I did. I think this is what I need a complete change up.
Old 08-23-15, 10:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Some VFers are adding "vintage" workouts to their rotations.

There is a random check-in for posting about oldies:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=201539

Come and join us sometime!
Old 08-23-15, 10:34 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I just did Kathy Smith's Power Step the other day. I hadn't done it in at least 2 years. It was a total nostalgia workout. I loved Kathy Smith's step workouts back in the day. This one and Great Buns and Thighs were favorites, but especially Power Step. I wore out two VHS tapes I did it so much back in college. I also loved Karen Voigt, especially Energy Sprint. I don't do much step anymore, but when I do it's one of the oldies. I love Cathe, but I simply can't do those fancy step choreography moves.
Old 08-23-15, 11:11 AM  
angie_nrs

My favorite vintage workouts that I will NEVER get rid of are:

My Personal Best Workout (with Karen Voight) - love the music & scenery!
Intense Moves (Gin Miller) - those moves never go out of style
Wedding Workout - Cathe
Weight Loss Workout - Kathy Smith

These are all a bit 'easier' than my newer workouts but I don't always want to go all out. The older I get, the more sensible these oldies seem.
Old 08-23-15, 11:23 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I love Cathe's original Body Max, mainly for the step section that alternates with lower body weights. That workout is unique. I wish she'd done others like it. The later Body Max 2 had choreography that was too complicated for me.
Old 08-23-15, 11:31 AM  
MARIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
My favorite vintage workouts that I will NEVER get rid of are:

My Personal Best Workout (with Karen Voight) - love the music & scenery!
Intense Moves (Gin Miller) - those moves never go out of style
Wedding Workout - Cathe
Weight Loss Workout - Kathy Smith

These are all a bit 'easier' than my newer workouts but I don't always want to go all out. The older I get, the more sensible these oldies seem.
My Personal Best Workout best music ever!!
Old 08-23-15, 01:04 PM  
lesia

I just did Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster Upper Body and it was still challenging yet fun. To be fair, where the band was used, I used weights. I loved the setup of 1 minute for each exercise. I wish more workouts were like this one. Annie Meirs workouts are, but I'm not really a fan.

Lesia

Tags
balance, deborah crocker, dustbunny, esquire, hit the spot, oldies, oldies but goodies, rejuvenetics, vintage, vintage workouts