Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-14-10, 01:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Exclamation gripe: the smallness of electronic devices (sigh)

i have so much to be thankful for, so please indulge me a bit as i gripe.

i spent the last 2 days trying to remember where i put my brand new mp3 player (slightly bigger than a credit card). the screen blanked out on me, so i left it alone until i could get it back and running. i searched high and low. prior to me getting it populated, it was practically still in its package for several months because i didn't know how to get it populated.

well, thursday of last week, i finally got the thing up and running, used it for an event the next day, and then on saturday, it went kaput. i searched on the web for answers and also got a quick reply from the Sansa technician.

i finally found the darn thing. where was it, you ask? in my CD player caselogic. duhhhhhhh.

i have a samsung phone that probably needs upgrading. the ones they're issuing nowadays are probably the size of my Revlon lipstick capsule. that's what makes me fearful - that i will drop it somewhere and lose it. that's what was going thru my brain - that i dropped the Sansa somewhere on the road when i was rummaging thru my purse.

the good news to boot: the screen was fine and all i needed to do was re-charge it. i was afraid i'd have to re-format it and re-populate it with my music files.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-14-10, 06:29 AM  
RedPanda

You need a boom box - you're not going to accidentally drop that as you're rummaging through your purse.
Old 04-14-10, 09:18 AM  
Buzzer

I have a iPod shuffle... which is smaller than a credit card and slippery to boot!
I got a (hot pink) cover for it made out of rubber, so wherever I put it, in my pocket or in my purse, it's got traction like a sneaker so it stays put (it also makes it slightly bigger which I like). I usually have it in my pocket, but if I put it in my purse, I make sure it's zipped in.
So far, haven't lost it, but it is a concern for me pretty much every day.
I also hate how small it is. Why the heck is that??? Why do they think it's a good idea to give us something so small??? I'm not that responsible, and it's forcing me to be more responsible.
i have had so many heart attacks over my silly iPod!!! We have a love/hate relationship.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-14-10, 12:39 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I relate. I'm always looking for my ipod, and sometimes it's right there.

I must confess that a couple years ago, I took away my daughter's ipod and all her other electronics when she was misbehaving (and she can be scary bad). Anyhow, I lost it and we never found it again. It was one of the credit card sized Nanos. And being the good or bad Mom that I am, never replaced it either.

She bought herself a new one with her birthday money. The one or two times I've taken away everything since then, she gives them to my husband for safe keeping.