Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-29-24, 02:52 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow JUST THE WORKOUTS~~APRIL, 2024~~*Everyone is Welcome!*

April, 2024

Continuing with YT Tiff & Dan's 6 Week Shred III Program, with Cathe and maybe other instructors mixed in, walks, yoga, and mobility so it may take me longer than 6 weeks. Dan is the man and I am loving working out with him!!

WEEK 5

1 - Julia Reppel (12 Min. Mobility x Core Routine); T&D Day 17 (34 Min. UB HiiT Strength Workout [BW & DB's]); Mady (BPR) Format is :40/:20 and starts with BW cardio & strength work for 10 min. Then weighted shoulders, back work, & chest work. Finisher of AMRAP of p/u's, but I did 30 UH & 30 OH grip pulldowns instead. I liked this workout - includes a little cardio, abs and weight work in 34 min. And as Dan says in the comments, it's a good fat burner...I was 40 min. in the FB zone of my whole workout today. Side note: Still sore from Sat. LB workout...mostly glutes and inner thighs...the exercises I chose over Dan's! haha
2 - Julia Reppel (10 Min. Balancing & Stability Routine for Runners & Athletes); Michelle Briehler (25 Min. High Energy Cardio Kickbox/Fat Burn Workout); Five Parks Yoga (Hands Free/Wrist Free Yoga Class during a Solar Eclipse =23 min.) Dan's next workout was working back again, so I opted for a day or two in between. Julia's class had lots of great balance challenges...good stuff and I loved Michelle's k/b class as well! I wore my k/b gloves (she uses wrist weights) and is a fun, choreographed workout session...but you need to pay attention, as she constantly is changing it up with all kinds of moves! For this reason alone, it sailed by for me. Some high impact j.jacks and jumps but it's always good to do some high impact every so often for the bones. ;0) It felt good to have lots of sweaty fun! Erin's class is so good being all wrist friendly with no chats and with lots of 1/2 moons which I love...lots of balance challenges today, yay!
3 - Michelle Briehler (35 Min. All Standing Cardio Abs Workout/No jumping, No lunges/Walk the Weight Off); Mady (SFLBPR) I had an early hair appt (but later than usual) so I did get in something. Good core focus done all standing. The last segment had good balance work./It was snow flurrying all day! Didn't stick but what a crappy day with cold winds blowing also. Next week should be better temps.
4 - Julia Reppel (10 Min. Full Body Warm Up + Mobility); T&D Day 18 (34 Min. Back and Glute DB workout/Posterior Chain SUPERSETS); Cathe STS 2.0 (BP Back =23 min.); Mady (BPR) Dan's workout was so sweaty and my HR stayed up pretty much the whole workout! Ten Superset rounds :30/:30, each Superset repeated 2x with a 3 min. finisher of Sumo D/L's and RDL variations. I changed up the RDL's to weighted bridges and hip thrusts with a 60#BB. I skipped the last SS of RDL's. Lots of row variations and for the RDL's in the finisher, I did Sumo D/L's again and Hip Huggers (40#). Added on STS 2.0 Back and did all the exercises except the one arm rows and pendlay rows. Felt great to get some band work in again and I used my heavier bands doubled up and pull downs in place of the inverted rows and chin ups w/ 56.50#. Great back combo and 53 min. in FB zone; 444 cal burn
5 - Julia Reppel (20 Min. Hip Opener Mobility - Unlock your Hips); Michelle Briehler (20 Min. Fat Burning Home Workout for Beginners/No Jumping Zone 2 Cardio) Julia's newest - good one and my hips felt great when done. I wasn't going to do much else after Julia's morning class, but later after reading 2lazy's review this morning of Michelle's workout, it sounded great for my mobility day (and it was!). Steady state, low impact, all standing core workout w/ wrist weights...it'd be a great standing core workout to do as a w/u or after a weight workout as a c/d. Bookmarked!
6 - Julia Reppel (Day 4 OER BASE/5 Min. Full Body w/u); Cathe STS 2.0 Giant Sets (w/u only); T&D Day 19 (38 min. Full Body Strength Workout with DB's [Slow & Controlled]); IBX Running (Crush Calories in 20 Min. HiiT It Hard =1.5 miles); Cathe STS 2.0 (Mat Yoga) This was my favorite Full Body workout of Dan's! Slow, controlled moves that max out your time under tension...love the pace of this one. Sometimes I had to use lighter weights due to the slower pace but what a BURNER!! Format is :30/:15 and a :90 finisher of Squat/Front Raises (which was too taxing for my LBack...didn't even try those!). I did the squats with twist curls. Did the burpees/snatches using my step. I really liked most the exercises in this and get this...only sumo D/L's are the only D/L variation in this workout!! Maybe that's why I liked it so much! Another IBX workout I loved!! There wasn't much of a w/u, so I was glad doing this one as a finisher and there are some higher running speeds in this one with :60 and some :30 intervals. I did mostly 3.8/4.0 as my lowest and 6.0/7.0 as my highest speeds....I can do anything for a minute!!! Not too taxing but still a challenge for a finisher...I'm glad she includes some 20 min. workouts on her site for this reason!! 526 cal burn 57 min. in FB zone. I love days like this when I can get all the diff genres in during one workout session, LOL! (Mobility, weights, cardio, and yoga). <3
7 - Rest Day

WEEK 6
8 - Julia Reppel (7 min. Leg Day Warm Up/LB Warm Up); T&D Day 21 (37 min. DB Leg Workout [Pyramid Sets]; Michelle Goldstein (Yin Yoga); 3.21 Mile Walk; 30 Min. Yard Work (Skipped Day 20--drill HiiT workout). Oh wow, this was one TOUGH LEG day!! Totally LOVED the Pyramid style using lighter, medium, and heavy weights, with the :60/:45/:30 format, decreasing the reps as you increase the weights. So sometimes for the lighter weights, I did 23 reps which really added up! Today I felt energized and wore my 2# wrist weights and used mostly 15's, 20's, 25's, and 30's but did use 42.5# (+wrist wts) for the heavy set of sumo D/L's. It's been awhile since I lifted 46# for sumos (and still was pretty pathetic next to Dan's 60#!!). But I felt great and my grip is still good from STS 2.0 which I'm grateful. Awesome workout in every way!!!/Pretty nice out today, so I added on a walk and I was planning on a slower/shorter walk to just walk out the lactic acid after my leg workout. Ha, I was energized and was a pretty decent speed walk. Felt great; and since I'm out there anyway, did the usual yard work. Ended with 835 cal burn when all said and done!
9 - Michelle Briehler (20 Min. All Standing Cardio Abs/Waist & Thigh Slimming/Wrist Weights + Ankle Weights/No Jumping); Five Parks Yoga (Quick Escape 20 Min. Yoga Class); 90 Min. Mow Max/Yard Work/2 Mile Walk Another great all standing core workout using wrist weights and ankle weights. I could really feel my core being worked...according to my notes that I read later, I had done this w/o about a year ago and had the same thoughts. (Great standing core work with resistance using the added weight and about 3/4 in to the workout, there was some awful whistling music that was super annoying)! I must've really hated it then too, LOL. It reminded me of Dan's whistling song he used every so often in Shred I & II; thank God, he got rid of that song in III!!/Erin's class was short and to the point...too many forward folds for my taste so I was changing those up but the jungle scene is my favorite spot for her classes with all the jungle sounds to give them a zen feeling./Mow Max today!! I can't believe it needed mowing already so early in April! Beautiful day for it.
10- Julia Reppel (Day 27 OER BASE/10 Min. UB CARs); My w/u of band and weights; T&D Day 22 (37 min. DB UB [Pyramid Sets]; 3.23 Mile Walk; Mady (15 min. Leg Stretch); 1.75 Hours Yard Work @ DS's condo Another FABULOUS Pyramid workout - I am LOVING these!! Same format as the LB one...the :30 rest times had to be paused between a few exercises today! The 1 Arm Rows using 20, 25, & 30# (+wrist weights) got really tough there, doing 15, 10, & 7 reps!! I really LOVED the alternating curl to press (working biceps & shoulders) which I see very rarely if ever…I think it was the way he had the DB turned. My UB is fried already plus pulling/spraying weeds (galore!), and cutting back rosebushes...yowsa!! But his tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are gorgeous. Too bad he doesn't appreciate them; but that's young guys for ya. :/ Another great day for a walk and today I added .02/mile and shaved off 4 min. from Monday's walk! I was going to wait until tomorrow to do his yard work and clean my house today but it's supposed to rain. I can always clean when it's raining outside. :0)
11- Michelle Briehler (20 Min. Fat Burning Home Workout for Beginners/No Jumping Zone 2 Cardio); KCM Cardio Fit (All Cardio-Both Workouts; No DB's Premix =33 min.); Cathe Perfect 30 Mobility Michelle's workout is so great as an all standing cardio ab w/u and I used my k/b gloves for this and for KCM's workout as well. Love Cardio Fit Cardio...I missed this workout!! So much fun with the hi/lo and k/b combos with lots of core focus today. Cathe's Mobility to round it out with great mobility work./No rain yet but did get my house cleaned!
12- Julia Reppel (20 Min. Hip Opener Mobility - Unlock Your Hips)
13- 2.61 Mile Walk; T&D Day 23 (37 Min. Full Body 1 DB [Supersets]); Mady (BPR) Beautiful morning for a walk! Dan's workout was a great unilateral workout and perfect done after my walk. It is split into 3 10 min. rounds of abs/core, lower body and upper body completing supersets throughout with :30 rests between with a finisher. I did change up the plank rows/push ups with chest presses, close grips, and 'pinkies in' flyes, but I cheated and used 2 DB's for the chest work! Otherwise, I used 1 DB and kept everything lighter as this is a great maintenance strength workout. This one has good music, esp. at the beginning. Once again, Dan's cat, Louie, makes another appearance--so cute.
14- Rest Day

WEEK 7
15- Julia Reppel (Day 4 #OER BASE/5 Min. Full Body Warm Up); T&D Day 24 (35 Min. TOTAL BODY DB Workout @ Home [No Repeats]; Julia Reppel (Day 12 #OER BASE/30 Min. Full Body Stretch Routine—UB/LB); 2.30 Mile Walk; 30 min. Yard Work Dan’s workout kicked my butt! Four rounds of UB and LB exercises with a finisher. With a :30/:15 format, the rests just don’t seem long enough but love the no repeats of exercises. I did use my Loaded BB for the row variations since it was right there. Also used 55# (25 +30 DB) for the sumo pulses. Lighter weights for everything else. I changed up the shrugs to hip huggers. Great workout./Such a beautiful day…been outside ever since my workout! I go inside every so often to check the laundry and bring my lunch outside, LOL. I also got my May rotation concocted.
16- 3.40 Mile Walk; Five Parks Yoga (45 min. For Your Legs & Feet Yoga Class =49 min.); Julia Reppel (15 Min. Hip Mobility Flow); Mady (SFLBPR) Allergies are killing me lately! No energy this morning so a slower paced walk today. Not a bad 5K time, however./Erin's class was an excellent leg/ankle strengthening class but I was hoping for more leg/ankle mobility-type stretches, I guess. A good flow; I inserted side plank on the forgotten side toward the end. Erin splices two classes together (thus the workout attire change). Rainstorm @ end makes for an awesome Shavasana! If I do this one again, I will probably do the 2nd 1/2 first (a strengthening flow) and the 1st 1/2 last (great leg stretches @ beginning; I used a stretchie band) and include the great Shavasana time. Added on some ankle/hip mobility w/ Julia and Mady's stretch....since the rainstorm cut short Erin's intended stretches at the end.
17- Julia Reppel (7 Min. UB w/u + Mobility); my band w/u; (Skipped T&D Day 25 Cardio HiiT for now) T&D Day 26 (34 Min. DB CHEST & TRICEPS Workout @ Home [High Volume]; Day 27 (36 min. Progressive Leg Training); Mady (BPR); 90 Min. Mow Max/Yard Work/2 Mile Walk Dan's Ch&Tri workout is very high rep! Format is 3 sets with :40/:20//:30/:20//:20/:20 of same exercises with a p/u variation. For the last 3 p/u variations, I did 56.5# pulldowns w/ diff hand placements. I had a 21-11 rep range for each exercise so I couldn't go very heavy on this one! Chest/triceps were fried when done!/Thought I'd add on his next weight workout since it was LB. Format is :40/:20 with 9 leg exercises + pulsing variations of each exercise to really feel the burn + a finisher. Those suitcase squat pulses got tough with 20's! This workout sailed by though. Really a good one. Did Mady's stretch, took my kitty to the vet for his annual check-up then came home and mowed the lawn. Pooped! That wind outside really did me no favors...temps are dropping!
18- Michelle Briehler (60 Min. Power Hour Standing Cardio Core & Floorwork/Get Ready to Sweat/Zone 2 FAT BURN); Mady (10 Min. Evening Stretch for Beginners); Mady (15 Min. SFLBPR) Michelle's workout is 30 Min. of standing cardio working core and uses 2# wrist weights, gliders, FW band (I used Cathe's heavy gray band), med ball (I used Cathe's), and fabric booty band (she uses the FW band). The same cardio segment is repeated for a total of 3x [this was better going into this not knowing this, which may have a dread doing this one again!] But I loved the exercises and needed some much needed core work this week, so it was a perfect choice. Then she does the FW band segment standing work & floor work using the band and then gliding work. [I loved the hamstring work laying on my back, moving feet back & forth on gliders..never saw that exercise before!] Then a few exercises using med ball before a nice stretch. I did need to add extra stretching since my lower back was really tight from all the core work. This class really had lots of variety and seemed to sail by for me. I was in the FB zone for almost a full hour...she's right...it's a great sweaty FB workout! 377 cal; 59 min. in FB zone. Loved it!/Found lots of great bargains at Aldi's this week - mostly Spring yard items.
19- Julia Reppel (25 Min. Full Body Mobility Workout/Low Impact/Beginner-Intermediate)
20- Cathe STS 2.0 BP Back (w/u); T&D Day 28 (36 min. BUILD BACK & BICEPS @ Home +Abs (DB w/o); Cathe STS 2.0 (Mish Mosh #1 BP Back and BP Biceps; minus 1 arm rows =33 min.); Mady (BPR); 1.24 Mile Walk This was a fantastic combo! I loved Dan's workout! Format is :40/:20 with 3 blocks of 10 exercises working Biceps, Abs, & Back + Finisher. Love how abs are sandwiched b/t the weight workouts. Today my wrist was complying for the most part and could use a little heavier of weights + wrist weights...felt great to do Cross body curls and Reverse Curls with 15's (17's)...may try to up that to 20's next time. I LOVED the Circle Curls and Reverse Crunch + Leg Abduction exercises! These may be exclusive to Dan's workouts. Added on Cathe's premix and was a great add-on for a little more weight/band work. I kept my wrist weights on and used my 50 & 40# bands doubled up as well as 56.50# pull downs for the pull ups/chin ups. I added on a short walk...I think it took me longer to get all my layers on than the actual walk itself did, LOL! Ugh, I thought I was done with the layers and this cold weather!/Great weight/ab combo today!!
21- Rest Day

WEEK 8 - Final Week
22- Julia Reppel (20 Min. Morning Mobility Routine); T&D Day 29 (34 min. Full Body DB Workout/Complete Workout); Mady (BPR) Julia's mobility routine was a great total body warm up. Dan's workout was AWESOME! May be my favorite Total Body Weight workout in this series. Format is eight exercises in each grouping (each exercise has a slow/controlled pace & a normal pace) with a :30/:15 format (sometimes I had to pause the rest times; just not enough rest, so this took me longer than 34 min.). But doing the slower pace and the normal pace really made the burn get in there good....sometimes I even had to slow the "normal" pace! This is a very thorough workout that works each muscle group (Legs; Chest; Back; Arms; & Shoulders). I wore my 2# wrist weights for all and I really felt the fatigue - esp. in the chest work after the pushups (and there was only 1 set of slow/normal paced p/u's!). I did change up the plank rows to Gorilla Rows but used way heavier weights than if I would've done the plank rows. Also used my loaded BB for the BO Rows, using both arms. Great workout all around; to make it better, though, I would've liked longer rest periods (as is my preference of most of his workouts that include :15 rests)!
23- Julia Reppel (8 min. Full Body W/U/Dynamic Gym Warm Up + Mobility...); IBX Running (Perfect Walk for Weight Loss =39 min./2.5 Miles); Five Parks Yoga (30 Min. Deep Stretch Jungle Yoga Class) Rainy out today and Rachel's newest class was really great - a nice, steady state walk (nothing higher than 4.5 speed and 4.0 incline, so it was very doable. I kept it mostly at the highest speed range again for all the intervals). 349 cal burn (that surprised me it was so high!). Love Erin's stretch!/Handyman is here again...(naturally, once you start upgrading, it leads to other things wanted upgrading! Now it's the hall flooring). ;0)
24- My 9 min. w/u; T&D Day 25 (36 Min. Full Body Killer Cardio HiiT Workout/No Equipment, SWEATY); Cathe Gloved Up & Sweaty (with weighted gloves/sans w/u =20 min.); Michelle Goldstein (Yin Yoga-12 min.); Later: 75 min. Yard Work/Mow Max/2 Mile Walk Thought I'd go back to Day 25 and try this cardio workout. Format is :45/:00 (no rests); non-stop cardio/ab exercises and wasn't too taxing...I kept up pretty well, doing the high impact on the rebounder but I did do the mogul jumps as is. This was really sweaty and pretty fun (since I hadn't done these type of drill workouts for awhile). The squat walks were very welcome, as they provided an easier exercise after tough ones in a row! Added on GU&S - been a minute since I did this one...I find it so fun! But today I opted not to repeat the final combo again like I usually do and had to cut short Michelle's stretch as well as I had to get in the shower! / Beautiful day for Mow Max...my grass was long!
25- Five Parks Yoga (Wall Assisted Deep Stretch Yoga Class =70 min.) Wasn't feeling the best this morning, so I opted for some yoga. This was quite a different puppy! All poses were done next to a wall and Erin was very informative with her alignment cues, etc. It included strength, balance, core poses and inversions. She does handstand and headstand...I didn't chance any neck pain at this point in my life, LOL, so I did shoulder stand and plough. She ends with reclined butterfly pose and legs up the wall which felt great. Very cool class!
26- Julia Reppel (12 Min. Upper Body Stretch & Recovery/Rest Day Mobility); (5 Min. Hip Mobility Routine)
27- Julia Reppel (10 Min. Full Body Warm Up & Mobility--Best Prep for Your Workout); T&D Day 30 (37 min. HARDCORE HIIT WORKOUT - Bodyweight & DB Workout--No Repeat); Olivia Lawson (20 Min. Mobility & Stretch-Full Body Flow to Unwind & Relax) Julia's w/u was a tough one! Last workout of Dan's - woo hoo!! Great sweatfest finale with the Hardcore HiiT workout of 13 BW cardio exercises and 13 DB cardio exercises with 4 cardio exercises for a finisher with no rests. Format is :40/:20 (I was glad for those rests today!). He just had to put Makers in there, though! :0) Olivia's mobility workout was ok...I think I will stick to Julia for that since some of Olivia's moves seemed a little iffy for my lower back and knees. I do like her for light cardio days, though.

FINISHED T&D's ROTATION - great, well thought out program...I am happy though I added in my cardio, yoga, and mobility, as this was just the right mixture to keep my body pain-free. I think I liked Shred III the best of all his programs...could be b/c he omits that stinkin' whistling song, haha, no I think I liked the exercises better or just maybe I'm more accustomed to his stuff now. At any rate, these Shreds are great maintenance programs and did the job of maintaining my strength gains from STS 2.0. I need to mention it also helped my stamina improve from all the BW/plank work, as STS 2.0 hardly touched on that.
28-Rest Day

RECOVERY WEEK
29- Olivia Lawson (40 Min. Walking Workout for Weight Loss w/ DB's-Full Body Calorie Killer); Mady (SFLBPR) This was a good low impact cardio option this morning. I wore weighted gloves and my UB got a good workout too. The only drawback with this one was the background...those vertical lines on my big screen were too much and I needed to look away often! I certainly don't need anything to provoke a vertigo attack!
30- 3.60 Mile Walk; 68 Min. Yard Work (Mow Max/2 mile walk); Michelle Goldstein (Yin Yoga) Early Hair Appt. and errands but later got out for a walk and the grass dried up to mow...gorgeous day!

Total April Minutes: 2,596

Most Used Instructors - (sometimes more than 1x/day)

Julia Reppel - 16
Tiff x Dan - 12
Mady Morrison - 11
Walks - 11; (31.59 miles)
Michelle Briehler - 6
Yard Work - 6; (518 min.)
Cathe - 5
Five Parks Yoga - 5
Michelle Goldstein - 3
IBX Running - 2
Olivia Lawson - 2
KCM - 1

Total Rest Days - 4
Active Rest Days - 3
Devotions - 30/30
Old 03-29-24, 03:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

APRIL:

1 - 8 minutes timed meditation (18); Qi Challenge Day 1; The Body Electric Workout - lower body; Kassandra After Work Stretch; 3,799 steps.

2 - 8 minutes timed meditation (19); Qi Challenge Day 2; yin and meditation class; 3,661 steps.

3 - 6 minutes timed meditation (20); Qi Challenge Day 3; 4,637 steps.

4 - 8 minutes timed meditation (21); Qi Challenge Day 4; Fabulous50s 15 Minute Indoor Walking Workout; 4,441 steps.

5 - 8 minutes timed meditation (22); Qi Challenge Day 5; Kassandra Sweet Release Full Body Stretch; 4,430 steps.

6 - 5 minutes timed meditation (23): Qi Challenge Day 6; Kassandra 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Hips & Low Back; GYM for 10 minutes treadmill and 50 weight machines/dumbbells; 5,429 steps.

7 - 12 minutes timed meditation (24); Qi Challenge Day 7; Sarah Beth 20 Minute Deep Stretch Back & Middle Back; 3,120 steps.

8 - 10 minutes timed meditation (25); Senior Shape Strength Workout - Shoulder & Knee Friendly; Senior Shape Relaxing Yoga Stretch Before Bed; Qi Challenge Day 8; 3,742 steps.

9 - 10 minutes timed meditation (26); Qi Challenge Day 9; .81 mile walk around neighborhood; 5,038 steps.

10 - 8 minutes timed meditation (27); restorative yoga class; 1.06 mile walk around neighborhood; Qi Challenge Day 10; 7,689 steps.

11 - 5 minutes timed meditation (28); SeniorShape 10 Minute Cardio Warmup; SeniorShape 10 Minute Lower Body Floor - Legs & Glutes; SeniorShape 10 Minute Upper Body Strength With Weights; Qi Challenge Day 11; 4,441 steps.

12 - 8 minutes timed meditation (29); a 15 minute Fabulous50s walk; a 20 minute Sarah Beth digestion yoga; Qi Challenge Day 12; 4,296 steps.

13 - 10 minutes timed meditation (30); GYM for 10 minutes treadmill and 60 minutes weight machines - lower body, chest and back; Qi Challenge Day 13; a 20 minute Kassandra yin; 6,149 steps.

14 - 15 minutes timed meditation (31); GYM for 15 minutes treadmill, 15 recumbent bike, and 50 weight machines/dumbbells; Qi Challenge Day 14; 5,171 steps.

15 - 10 minutes timed meditation (32); Qi Challenge Day 15; FreeSelf Intuitive Dance & Mindful Movement Morning Routine; a 10 minute Kassandra for low back; 3,309 steps.

16 - 10 minutes timed meditation (33); Improved Health 10 Minute Workout - Music from the 50s; Qi Challenge Day 16; .98 mile lunch walk; yin and meditation class; 7,586 steps.

17 - 8 minutes timed meditation (34); Qi Challenge Day 17; PT and stretch; 4,568 steps.

18 - 8 minutes timed meditation (35); Qi Challenge Day 18; SeniorStrength Resistance Band Workout; SeniorShape 10 Minute Stretch; 3,802 steps.

19 - 6 minute timed meditation (36); 1.07 mile lunch walk; Qi Challenge Day 19; 3,716 steps.

20 - 12 minute timed meditation (37); Qi Challenge Day 20; GYM for 15 minutes recumbent, chest press, leg press and seated row machines; 5,178 steps.

21 - 10 minute timed meditation (38); Qi Challenge Day 21; GYM for 15 minutes recumbent and 50 minutes weight machines missed from yesterday; 3,576 steps.

22 - 8 minutes timed meditation (39); Qi Challenge Day 22; SeniorShape 10 Minutes Abs & Core Workout; 2,840 steps.

23 - 10 minutes timed meditation (40); one mile lunch walk; Qi Challenge Day 23; yin yoga/meditation class; 7,238 steps.

24 - 8 minutes meditation (41); Qi Challenge Day 24; one mile walk around neighborhood; 5,259 steps.

25 - 10 minutes meditation (42); Qi Challenge Day 25; Kassandra's After Work Stretch; 3,720 steps.

26 - 10 minutes meditation (43); Qi Challenge Day 26; 2,209 steps.

27 - 12 minutes meditation (44); Qi Challenge Day 27; 5,593 steps.

28 - Qi Challenge Day 28; some gardening; 3,317 steps.

29 - 5 minutes meditation (1); Qi Challenge Day 29; SeniorShape Pilates Ring Workout (30 minutes); Kassandra 15 Minute Upper Body Yoga Stretch; 2,869 steps.

30 - 8 minutes meditation (2); Qi Challenge Day 30; one mile lunch walk; Ellen's Upper Body Blast; KCM 10 Minute Thigh & Glute Workout; 6,180 steps.
Old 03-29-24, 04:19 PM  
Tammie M

April

1 - Kari Anderson Sweat Express II Cardio and Dance Celebration
2 - Linda Stejskal Barlates Hip Mobility Series: Rotations
3 - Jane Adams Balance & Strength Exercises for Seniors - Chair Seated Practice + Stationary Balances with Chair and Seated Core Work
4 - Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Upper Body Challenge + Suzanne Bowen 10MS Slim And Sculpt Pilates - Upper Body
5 - Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Off the Ball - Legs, Glutes & Abs + Suzanne Bowen 10MS Slim And Sculpt Pilates - Abs
6 - Linda Stejskal Barlates Walk Off Belly Fat Series: 2000 Steps + 3000 Steps
7 - Ellen Barrett Live Super Fast Body Blast + Classical Stretch Season 11: 1124
8 - Zyrka Landwijt Yoga: Gentle Practice - 63 min Series A
9 - Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets Accelerated Training Camp
11 - Jessica Smith 2 Morning Walks - Interval Walk + Tracey Mallett Renew You: Sleek and Lean - Power Yoga
12 - Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt Series: Core and More
13 - Jessica Smith 2 Morning Walks - Endurancel Walk + Suzanne Bowen 10MS Slim And Sculpt Pilates - Flexibility
14 - Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn 20 Minute Series: Super Sculpting + Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Bun Battle
15 - Jane Adams Balance & Strength Exercises for Seniors - Walking & Stepping Balances with a Chair + Walking & Stepping Balances without a Chair
16 - Julie Marsland Prevention Turn Up Your Fat Burn - Metabolic Strength + Bonus Abs
17 - Ellen Barrett Flat Belly Workout: Walk Off Your Belly + Abs
18 - 21 Line Dance Event
24 - Cathe Fit Split - Just Metabolic Conditioning Premix + Jessica Smith 10MS: Knockout Body! - Ultimate Upper Body + 1.5 hr line dancing
25 - Linda Stejskal Barlates Walk Off Belly Fat Series: 5000 Steps + Classical Stretch Season 11: 1125 + 3 hr line dancing
26 - Cathe Fit Split - Just Legs & Glutes Premix + Jessica Smith 10MS: Special K - Ultimate Lower Body
27 - Ana Caban Cardio Pilates
28 - Bizzie Gold Buti Yoga Foundations - Workout 3 + Emily Kligerman Yoga Therapy for Back Pain - 17 Min General Back Practice
29 - Gilad Total Body Sculpt Vol 2 - Workouts 2 & 3
30 - Cathe 4 Day Split: High Intensity Step Premix
Old 03-29-24, 05:34 PM  
Helen

Thankyou AMD!

March workouts went into a tragic decline (DH was away from 25-Feb until 29-Mar) but Monthivation shall hopefully apply the paddles (to my butt?!) and revive my routine.
Had decided not to be in any checkins except my 'home' place of Every Day in <month> but found my April topper so I'm in again, it's just a list, right? I can do that, right?

1- Chris Dorner Fast Basic Step, with Kirrily
2- Chris Mobility Challenge Day 1
3- 5km brisk walk with school + PJ Wren - Booty Challenge - Day 1 (Glutes & Core), with Kathryn
4-
5- 50min Kassandra - YinYoga for Self-Care, Stretch, Restore, & Relax
6- 1hr dog walk + Andre Houle - Cardio Step, with Kathryn
7- afternoon = Kathy Smith - Project You - Total Body Strength Circuit
- evening = PJ Wren - Unstoppable Challenge - Day 17 Total Body No Repeat Strength, with Kathryn
8-
9-
10- long walk + Jane Fonda's Low Impact Workout, with Kathryn
11- Denise Austin's Complete Workout, with Kathryn
12-
13- loooong dog walk
14- Chris Dorner - 40min Kickboxing, with Kathryn
15- noonish = Cathe - Low Impact Series - Athletic Training - Cardio Leg Express, with Kirrily
- evening = Chris Dorner - 48min dancy cardio, with Kathryn
16- (can't remember, didn't log, so probably just a dog walk)
17- 30min brisk walk
18- PJ Wren - 12 Days to Christmas Challenge 2023 - Day 3 Get Ready to Tone Up, Energising Lower Body
19- Patrick Goudeau - Step My Way
20-
21- long dog walk + Kat Gates - Fast Basic Step #4
22-
23-
24-
25- Cathe - Low Impact Series - Upper Body Express Mix + 30min dog walk + 30min DH walk
26-
27- Cathe - Party Rockin' Step 2 - Step Mix
28-
Old 03-29-24, 05:36 PM  
Mell

~ April ~

2 mile walk
Cee - 40 min FULL BODY DUMBBELL #5
Jaz - Somatic Yoga To Self-Soothe Your Lower Back & Psoas | 10 Min
Adee - Yoga for Athletes Calf Muscle Rehab 7 min

3 mile walk
Joelle - Yin Yoga for the Piriformis Muscle 17 min

2 mile walk
Joelle - Yoga for Hip Pain - 10 minute Supine Stretch Practice for Bursitis and Pain in the Hip

3 mile walk
Devi - Gentle Yin Yoga 30 min

2 mile walk
Devi - Luxurious Yin Yoga 30 min

rest

Kassandra - 15 min Yin Yoga Stretches

2 mile walk
Hailey - 10 Min Yin Yoga Relieve Stiffness

2 mile walk
Ellen - Grace & Gusto

3.5 mile walk

2 mile walk
Devi - 1 Hour Yin Yoga for Healing and Relaxation

3 mile walk
Joelle - 15 min Standing Yoga Stretch

2 mile walk

Tim - 25 Min Yoga Flow For Flexibility and Strength

2 mile walk
Joelle - 20 min Yoga for HIPS and KNEES

2 mile walk
Travis - 60min Power Yoga + Yin Yoga class "Aim True & Stretch"

sick

sick

sick
Old 03-29-24, 07:09 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

April

Near the end of March, I found out that I have a stress fracture in one foot. So, I'm back to foot injury workouts but this time with a walking boot on. The doc said to wear the boot unless sleeping or bathing, and I'm allowed to bear weight on that foot with the boot on. The boot weights about 2 pounds, so during my workouts I'm wearing a 2-pound ankle weight on the other leg. I can do some of my usual workouts (modifying as needed), and I've been trying some things that I haven't typically done such as chair yoga.

My yoga practice times include any meditation time added at the end. For Barlates, I mostly use downloads but some of the workouts are also free on YT. The chair yoga practices are on YT.

I've also re-started doing a 7' qigong session from Lee Holden's 30 Day Chi Challenge before my morning workout or yoga practice.

1 Apr
AM
50' Barlates - Beginner Mat: Glutes + Standing Barre Arms
PM
30' - Yoga with Kassandra: Gentle Chair Yoga + Raviana Meditation: Breath Purification

2 Apr
AM
55' Barlates - Beginner Mat: Abs, Inner Thighs
PM
25' - Senior Shape: 15' Gentle Chair Yoga + Raviana Meditation: Third Eye

3 Apr
AM
30' Barlates - Beginner Mat: Outer Thighs
PM
35' - Senior Shape: Energizing Chair Yoga Flow + Raviana Meditation: All and Everything

4 Apr
AM
10' - Caroline Sandry 30 Days to Flat Abs: Pilates Level 2
PM1
35' - Cathe LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper
PM2
25' - Yoga with Kassandra: 15' Chair Yoga Class + Raviana Meditation: Eliminate Stress and Self-Bless

5 Apr
AM
40' - Senior Shape: Chair Yoga Stretch for Everyone + Raviana Meditation: Tranquility
PM
35' - Barlates: Ankle Weight Butt Sculptor

6 Apr
AM
20' - Senior Shape: 15' Gentle Chair Yoga
PM
30' - Barlates: Pyramid Upper Body

7 Apr
AM
20' - Yoga with Kassandra: 15' Chair Yoga Class
PM
35' - Barlates: Ankle Weight Outer Thighs and Abs

8 Apr
AM
40' - Senior Shape: Chair Yoga Stretch for Everyone
PM
35' - Cathe LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper

9 Apr
AM
50' - Barlates Target 20: Glutes, Inner Thighs
PM
35' - chair yoga on my own

10 Apr
30' - Barbara Benagh AM/PM Yoga: AM breath work

11 Apr

12 Apr
AM
PM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 3

13 Apr

14 Apr
20' - Yoga with Kassandra: Gentle Chair Yoga

15 Apr
AM
30' - Barbara Benagh AM/PM Yoga: AM Breath Work
PM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 4

16 Apr
AM
Completed my 26th round of Lee Holden's 30 Day Chi Challenge (7' sessions)
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 5
PM
20' gentle yoga on my own

17 Apr
AM
30' - Senior Shape: Energizing Chair Yoga Flow
PM
25' - Classical Stretch: all floor episode 910

18 Apr
AM
55' Barlates - Quiet Quarantine: Mat
PM
25' gentle yoga on my own

19 Apr
AM
20' Barlates - Mix and Match Abs: 40/20
PM
35' - Senior Shape: Chair Yoga for Everyone

20 Apr

21 Apr

22 Apr
AM
25' Barlates - New Year Supersets 2024
PM

23 Apr
AM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 1
PM
25' - Yoga with Kassandra: Gentle Chair Yoga

24 Apr
AM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 2
PM
15' - 10' Solution Yoga: Flexibility and Relaxation

25 Apr
AM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 3
PM
30' - Barbara Benagh AM/PM Yoga: AM Breath Work

26 Apr
AM
50' Barlates - Total Mat: Ankle Weights
PM
20' gentle yoga

27 Apr

28 Apr
AM
40' Barlates - Firm 15: Arms, Focused 5 Minutes: Abs, 15 Minute Tone: Ankle Weights
PM

29 Apr
20' - Senior Shape: Gentle Chair Yoga

30 Apr
AM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 4
PM
15' gentle yoga

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Old 03-29-24, 08:32 PM  
Luv2WO

Wahooo!!

1. Karen Lord Morning Pilates, walk around San Diego Zoo
2. Karen Lord Outer Thighs, Ballet Beautiful Abs and Upper Body from Total Body DVD, 30 min walk by water
3. PBL Traveler's Series: Lower Body and Abs workouts, 30 min and 40 min walk by water
4. 30 min walk by water, PBL SIS Abs, Butt and Thighs, Chiseled Upper Body workout, Stress Free Stretch Routine
5. Barre3 30 min Signature, Ballet Beautiful Essential Ballerina Floor Stretch
6. Ballet Beautiful Livestream Booty Lift and Barre Stretch with Dioni, Backstage Stretch
7. Ballet Beautiful Livestream Floor Barre Blast with Kara, walk over 10k steps, YT thigh stretch
8. Barre3 30 min Signature, PBL SIS Stretch and Release
9. PBL Glutes and Abs, BB Weightless Arm Toning, 25 min walk, Toned in 10 Flexibility
10. Barre3 Runners workout, PBL Side Cincher workout, Essentrics PM Stretch
11. Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, 25 min walk
12. Barre3 On the Go, 25 min walk,
13. Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, Express Arm Toning, 30 min walk
14. Barre3 Studio Workout, PBL Upper Back Stretch
15. Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, PBL Upper Back Stretch
16. Barre3 Shape (30 min mat portion), 20 min walk, BB Stretch and Tone Floor Stretch
17. Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, PBL Glow Arms with Weights, 25 min walk, Recovery Stretch
18. Callanetics Fifteen - Workout 1, PBL Redefine Your Outline
19. PBL Fit Flow Workout, 5 Min More Arms with Weights, 25 min walk
20. Barre3 30 min Flow, PBL Adore Your Core: Lower Abs, Central Park Stretch
21. PBL Hit the Spot Lower Body, Twist and Tone Ab workout, 25 min walk, Essentrics Quad Stretch
22. PBL Balance And Strength Leg Workout, Side Cincher, 25 min walk, SIS Stretch & Flow
23. Barre3 30 min Signature, 25 min walk, PBL Amazing Arms, Chest and Tricep Chisel
24. PBL May Makeover Complete Body, 5 Min More Stretch, 15 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
25. PBL No Frills workout, Brazilian Butt Workout, 25 min walk, PBL Toned in 10 Flexibility
26. PBL Fin in 15: Upper Body, New Zealand New Legs workout, 30 min walk
27. PBL HEAT Booty Band Complete Core, Adore Your Core: Stretch, YT Leg Stretch
28. PBL May Makeover Leg Blast Routine, Glow Abs, 25 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
29. PBL HEAT Long Band Core & Ankle Weight Seated Arms, Glow Legs, Toned in 10 Flexibility, 25 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
30. Karen Lord Side Series, PBL New You Strong Abs, 25 min walk
Old 03-29-24, 09:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

April 2024!

April

1. Lee Qi Gong (Day 10), Jessica Smith 6 Mile Mix (Steady Burn), Linda Barlates Beginners Loop Series (Barre)
2. Lee Qi Gong (Day 11), Jessica Smith Walk On: 2 Morning Walks (Interval Walk), Dean Strong For Shoulders (Scapular Stabilizer Burn)
3. Lee Qi Gong (Day 12), Jessica Smith Yoga Plus Pilates (Pilates Fusion Sculpt)
4. Lee Qi Gong (Day 13), Jessica Smith Walk On: 2 Morning Walks (Endurance Walk), Linda Barlates Beginners Loop Series (Lower)
5. Lee Qi Gong (Day 14), Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion (Cardio Flow), Margaret Beauty to the Bone (workout one-Upper Body)
6. Lee Qi Gong (Days 15 & 16), Linda Pilates Beginner Series (Mat Express)

7. road trip (outdoor walking 10,000+ steps)
8. road trip (outdoor walking 10,000+ steps)
9. trip (outdoor walking 20,000+ steps)
10. trip (outdoor walking 20,000+ steps)
11. trip (outdoor walking 20,000+ steps)
12. trip (outdoor walking 20,000+ steps)
13. trip (outdoor walking 20,000+ steps)
14. trip (outdoor walking 15,000+ steps)
15. trip (outdoor walking 15,000+ steps)
16. trip (outdoor walking 15,000+ steps)
17. road trip (outdoor walking 10,000+ steps)

18. Lee Qi Gong (Day 17)
19. Lee Qi Gong (Days 18 & 19), Miranda Classical Stretch #1214AS (Spine Strengthening)
20. Lee Qi Gong (Days 20 & 21), Miranda Classical Stretch #1223AS (Stretch Your Spine)
21. Lee Qi Gong (Days 22 & 23), Miranda Classical Stretch #1227AS (Shoulder Strengthening) & Miranda #1229AS (Body Shaping)
22. Lee Qi Gong (Days 24 & 25), Miranda Classical Stretch #1204AS (Weight Loss & Calorie Burn)
23. Lee Qi Gong (Days 25 & 26), Miranda Classical Stretch #1216SF (Relieve Neck Pain) & #1219AS (Waist Slenderizing)
24. Lee Qi Gong (Days 27 & 28), Miranda Classical Stretch #1301SB (Stretch & Strengthen the Calves) & #1303AS (Standing Core Workout)
25. Lee Qi Gong (Days 28, 29 & 30), Miranda Classical Stretch #401 (Deep Muscular Stretch), Sadie Lincoln Love Your Lower Body:10 Minutes to Flat Abs (Wake Up Your Core), Jennifer Galardi Ballet Body (Warmup) & (Strength)
26. Lee Qi Gong (Days 1 & 2), Miranda Classical Stretch #1302SF (Ab & Back Strengthening) & Miranda #1304SB (Boost the Brain), Sadie Lincoln Love Your Lower Body:10 Minutes to Flat Abs (Core Restore), Joey Decker the Bar Method Beginners workout
27. Lee Qi Gong (Days 3 & 4), Miranda Classical Stretch #1406AS (Upper Back & Posture) & Miranda Aging Backwards Connective Tissue workouts (Rebalance Your Connective Tissue)
28. Lee Qi Gong (Days 5 & 6), Miranda Classical Stretch #1409SF (Spine Strengthening) & Miranda Aging Backwards Connective Tissue workouts (Release & Rebuild Your Fascia), Jessica Smith Barre Fitness (Cardio Ballet)
29. Lee Qi Gong (Day 7), Miranda Classical Stretch #1410AS (Full Body workout), Jessica Smith Mat Fusion Flow: Sunset Mix and Jessica Smith Relaxing Flow
30. Lee Qi Gong (Day 8), Miranda Classical Stretch #1412SF (Spine Strengthening) & Miranda #1414AS (Hip Strengthening), Jessica Smith Total Body Balance (Cardio Flow)

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 03-30-24, 06:19 AM  
donnamp

April...

1 - Charlene Prickett - Go For It - Step workout; Jillian Hessel - Lower Body Pilates
2 - Improved Health - Bruce Springsteen walk; Jessica Valant - Beginner Lower Body Part One; Beginner Lower Abs; 10 Min Hip Strengthening Workout; Improved Health - Bee Gee's walk (10 min); walk w/ music from 50's, 60's and 70's (10 min)
3 - Improved Health - 1 Mile Walk in 15 Min; Jessica Valant - Beginner Upper Body Part One; Quadruped Workout; Exercises for Text Neck; Improved Health - Classic Rock & Tina Turner walks
4 - Improved Health - Kickboxing All In One; Jessica Valant - Sanding Core, Thoracic Mobility; dog walk, Ellen - Mood Boosting Cardio and Energy Reset
5 - Charlene Prickett - Cardio Cross Trainer - Low Impact, CS 405; Short dog walk
6 - Slim in 6 - Start it Up (25 min version); Jessica Valant - Basic Pilates Workout, dog walk
7 - Tamilee Webb - Tight on Time - Body Blast (step, lower body, abs/core); dog walk, Jessica Smith - Energize & Refresh
8 - Jessica Valant - On and Off the Floor Workout, Full Body Circuit - Leg Focus, Hip & Back Strength; dog walk, Improved Health 1970's walk
9 - Jenny Ford - Step Across the UK # 3, Tenby Wales; Yoga Journey with Cheryl - Self Care Yoga/Gentle Stretches; dog walk, Jessica Valant Beginner Oblique Workout, Heart Opening Stretch
10 - Improved Health - Walking to 50s 60s music; Jessica Valant - Advanced Full Body Dumbbell, Yoga w/ Kassandra - 7 Day Morning Yoga and Meditation Day 3; Jessica Valant - Plank Tutorial & Workout; Text Neck Routine
11 - Senior Shape - Barre fight
12 - Jessica Valant - Standing Hip Mobility/Full Body Mobility; Firm Basics - Time Crunch Cardio - Workouts 1 and 2
13 - Firm Basics - Time Crunch Weights - Workouts 1 and 2, Jessica Valant - All Levels Pilates Abs; Trifecta Pilates - 5 Min Standing Hip Mobility, 5 Min Lower Back Mobility, 5 min Mermaid Stretch
14 - Senior Shape - ABC Workout, Pilates Hips and Pelvis; 2 short dog walks, 1 long walk
15 - Senior Shape - Slow and Gentle Barre; short dog walk, Up to the Beat - 1970's walk
16 - Jessica Valant - Standing Pilates (10 min); Outdoor walk -(35-40 min); Caroline Sandry - 30 days to Flat Abs Pilates Day 1; Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility, Mobility # 3 - Knees & Hips
17 - Jessica Valant - Advanced Barre; 15-20 min outdoor walk; dog walk, Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga # 4 - Total Body
18 - Jessica Smith - 21 Day DVD - Workout 1 - Core Cardio; Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga # 1 - Neck and Shoulders; dog walk, Trifecta Pilates - Leg Circle Stretch & Flow
19 - Jessica Smith - 21 Day DVD - Workout 2 - Low Impact HIIT; Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga # 2 - Back and Chest
20 - Jessica Smith - 21 Day DVD - Workout 3 - Tred and Shred, Jessica Smith - Yoga for Back Pain - Practice # 1
21- Jessica Smith - 21 Day DVD - Workout 4 - Stride, Stretch & Relax, Jessica Valant - Pilates for All Ages; Short Dog walk
22 - Let's Move/Ellen B - Fusion Kick with Phoenix; Quick Core Fusion, Yoga Mat Work; Jessica Smith - 15 min Fat Blasts - 15 min Fat Burn; Stretch & Relax - "Rise", dog walk
23 - Jessica Smith - Walk On Tone Your Trouble Zones - Belly, Buns and Thighs Walk; Jessica Valant - Beginner Core, Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax - "Release" dog walk
24 - Jessica Smith - Walk On Dance Walk - Latin Dance Walk, Dog walk, Jessica Valant - Full Body Workout with Resistance Band
25 - Nada - LONG Day
26 - Ellen - Feel Good Flow; short dog walk
27 - Ellen - Barefoot Cardio, Trifecta Pilates - Feel Good Flow
28 - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Long outdoor walk (leisurely)
29 - Jessica Valant - Up and Down Workout, 20 ish minute outdoor walk
30 - Jessica Valant - Standing Core & Beginner Lower Abs; Outdoor walk 40-ish minutes, Improved Health - 20 min walk after eating
Old 03-30-24, 12:30 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Continuing with Chris and Edi's Build 2.0

1. Back/Bi's/Rear Delts/Core
2. IBX Running Beginner Hill Climb 20 min; Legs
3. SSoD 3-2-1 Go 40 min ride; CDorner Fitness Deep Stretch 30 min; neighborhood walk 30 min
4. Chest/Tris/Shoulders
5. FitScope Power Climb 20 min; Quads/Hamstrings
6. Chest/Tris/Shoulders; IBX Running Tempo 27 min
7. Kelly Favret Cycling 7-5-7 Ride 50 min
8. Olivia Lawson Advanced Metabolic Walking w/o 30 min; Back/Bis/Rear Delts
9. LB/Core
10. IBX Running 1-2-3 Recover Intervals 47 min
11. UB/Core; 30 min t/m walk
12. LB/Mobility; 50 min t/m walk
13. Spin Obsession Full Tilt #1.02 45 min ride
14. Chest/Shoulders/Tris
15. Back/Bis/Rear Delts; IBX Running Beginner Intervals 15 min