Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-13-15, 02:04 PM  
Buggaboo

Ballet Beautiful help

So I have done the total body 1st Ballet Beautiful about 7 times. I can now do the abs portion without pausing. But I hear so many raves about this DVD and all these results. I haven't lost any inches but my pants feel looser. How is that possible? I'm a pear shape and it's my lower body that is in such desperate need to lose weight. Is losing weight even possible with this DVD? I guess my expectations are too high. I don't want to give up but I'm hating to see myself doing the work but seeing no end result. How long did it take everyone to notice any difference? I'm thinking about getting the book to help. But I don't know if I should add some cardio like running or 30min of physique 57? Im devoting a month to Ballet beautiful I need some inspiration!
Old 02-13-15, 05:53 PM  
Tiny

I have been alternating between BB Classic 60 min and BB Blasts for the past 3 or 4 weeks I think, maybe 5. I've been doing them 3 times a week and my DH has been complimenting my bum, he did before but it's even more so now. I have no idea if I have lost inches but my jeans fit much better. I'm an hourglass shape and it works for me.

I do You Are Your Own Gym/Yoga/Jessica Smith walking on Tues, Thurs and Sat.

I figure if it hurts the way it does it has to be doing something and it has. I know with BB Blasts I do break a sweat. Don't get discouraged, it takes a couple of weeks or a month to start seeing results. I really don't think you can go wrong with BB.

In her recent interview she does say to commit to 3 hours a week to see the benefits.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Old 02-14-15, 12:58 PM  
NotThatGirl

I wouldn't give up yet either. I notice solid results from that dvd combined with Andrea Orbeck's Supermodel Sculpt (just the hipster band segment) in two weeks. I didn't do any extra cardio but I also had different goals...I didn't have weight to lose, just toning up. Regardless, just the fact that your pants are more loose is awesome! Tiny is right, Mary Helen recommends a minimum of 3 hours a week to see results. I have her book, both the hard copy and enhanced e-book and I suggest the e-book if you have a choice because it has some videos of the exercises (which I appreciate over just having pictures). I honestly don't know how much having the book would help...by the time her book came out I had been doing BB for quite a while. Maybe someone else with the book can chime in and offer some input on it. I don't know how helpful I've been but be kind and patient with yourself, you'll see the results!!

eta: nevermind
Old 02-15-15, 11:11 PM  
cowfishpro

Bugaboo, I would say that I noticed very subtle changes in the first 2 weeks when I first started Ballet Beautiful a couple of years ago.

I do know what you are referring to about looser pants but no measurement change. I have had that happen as well. I attribute that to muscle shifting. As you continue to build your endurance, you will see measurement changes.

Mary Helen actually advocates more muscle conditioning than cardio in order to see progress, and I have found that to be true from my experiences.

And as already mentioned 3 or more hours a week is a must to see continued progress. Hmmm...maybe I need to follow my own advice.

NotThatGirl, what do your rotations look like these days? I'm thinking of focusing more on Ballet Beautiful and dialing back on Tracy Anderson.
Old 02-16-15, 12:21 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
NotThatGirl, what do your rotations look like these days? I'm thinking of focusing more on Ballet Beautiful and dialing back on Tracy Anderson.
They have been spotty and all over the place the last few weeks...really unstructured and a kind of "I'll just do what I feel like today" which really hasn't been all that awesome. I cooled it on Tracy a bit and just feel like being more mellow so I am gravitating toward Ballet Beautiful again. I haven't exercised the last few days because I was on a much needed juice cleanse (which on a side note was amazing and I feel fantastic now, I really needed it to reset my crummy eating habits since the holidays). I think I am going to stick with just Ballet Beautiful for now (with Tracy's ab work of course!), some Essentrics, and maybe some yoga. I probably won't get all excited about Tracy again until her newest dvd comes out in March. It has I think 6 10 minute segments which would be awesome for blending with BB. How about you? I really need to pop into the check in!
Old 02-16-15, 03:22 PM  
cowfishpro

NotThatGirl, like you I'm going to pull back on Tracy a bit. All of her plank stuff is awesome for my abs and upper body, but Ballet Beautiful really fine tunes all the other areas so well.

I do daily yoga, so I don't plan to change that. I was thinking of doing Ballet Beautiful 4 days a week, and Tracy twice a week. I want to try to work up to my minimum of Ballet Beautiful to 3 hours a week again to see how my body responds.

And like you, I feel Ballet Beautiful is a focus that is just kinder to my body and mind. Things are tough at work right now, so I'm more actracted to the low key vibe.

I know Ballet Beautiful doesn't have has much all fours work, but I still think that it is a controlled version of Tracy.

I'm still trying to keep up with the check-in, but it has been hard these last few weeks. I've been working out, but work has been pretty demanding.

I was just thinking that once again we are running parallel with our workouts.
Old 02-18-15, 01:32 PM  
NotThatGirl

We always seem to be on the same wavelength with our workouts for sure haha...I think you're my workout soul sister

I think we have talked about this before but I can't remember so that's why I am asking again...what yoga do you do and how long are your routines? I am so picky with my yoga (pretty much only like Udaya) and BB with an hour+ of yoga isn't always practical. I would love to find something that is shorter and more sustainable.
Old 02-20-15, 11:16 AM  
SarahJane

If your jeans are fitting looser, that'd be enough to keep me going! In the last 3 days, I did Callanetics 10 in 10, Ballet Beautiful Total Body workout, and Ballet Beautiful Body Blasts, and today I was able to put on jeans that haven't fit in 4 YEARS! Happy Dance! I think sticking with a variety of these similar types of workouts will help you not get bored.... I'm thinking Tracy Anderson along with Callanetics and Ballet Beautiful's are all similar enough that they'd complement each other nicely.
Old 02-20-15, 04:03 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggaboo View Post
So I have done the total body 1st Ballet Beautiful about 7 times. I can now do the abs portion without pausing. But I hear so many raves about this DVD and all these results. I haven't lost any inches but my pants feel looser. How is that possible? I'm a pear shape and it's my lower body that is in such desperate need to lose weight. Is losing weight even possible with this DVD? I guess my expectations are too high. I don't want to give up but I'm hating to see myself doing the work but seeing no end result. How long did it take everyone to notice any difference? I'm thinking about getting the book to help. But I don't know if I should add some cardio like running or 30min of physique 57? Im devoting a month to Ballet beautiful I need some inspiration!
Your pants feel looser, how is that not a result? I figure it doesn't matter what the numbers on the scale or tape measure are, so long as you feel and look good. Also, 7 times is not really enough to see a huge result. You need to give it time. Just be patient and be kind to yourself.

I think Ballet beautiful is a great program and if you give it a fair chance you will see the results you are after.

Tags
ballet, ballet beautiful, ballet beautiful book, pear