Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-27-23, 02:59 PM  
Karla25

VBulletin or ProBoard Forum Discussion

Like many of you, I have also been having difficulties with VF lately. I created a ProBoard Forum account so we can keep in touch if VF goes away.

Here's the link: Home Video Fitness

However, I'm wondering if VBulletin might be a better option since it’s the same software as VF. There's a monthly fee for the Cloud version. There are no ads. They can transfer the data from here (if Wendy will give her permission) to the new site. I think we should be able to make the site design like VF, but I'm not 100% positive.

Here's the link:
vbulletin

Some Pros & Cons:

I don't know if I can get the same layout at the ProBoard forum as we have here at VF. Maybe someone with more computer experience can let me know if it's possible.

ProBoard will have ads. However, the monthly fee to remove them is under $10 so it's easily doable. Probably lots more ads will start showing up with greater member usage if we continue to use the free version.

VBulletin will not have ads, but there's no free version. It's also more expensive than ProBoards with monthly fees starting at $15 a month for 25GB Bandwidth, unless you purchase the software which is $249 and doesn't include tech support. I'm clueless about how much bandwidth is needed but think we'd need more than 25GB if we're able to transfer all the data over so the cost would be much higher.

I've included links to both websites for you to review. Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 07-27-23, 03:32 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm getting confused by all the boards being created as alternatives to VF. I've joined at least 2 so far, not including either of the 2 mentioned here. Whatever works!
Old 07-27-23, 07:24 PM  
fatkat555

I signed up for the Home Video Fitness one. I think of all that i saw, this one has a very VF feel to it. I will be sad to lose all of the reviews though.

I’ve tried to search via tags and even that lately doesn’t work. It’s like being in a building as the bricks are slowly disintegrating.

Does anyone remember the forum Mind Under Muscle (I think that’s what it was called) run by a guy named Michael? When he decided he was done with the forum, that was it. He shut it down. I think I prefer that approach to complete silence as it all falls apart.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 07-28-23, 01:48 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I'm getting confused by all the boards being created as alternatives to VF. I've joined at least 2 so far, not including either of the 2 mentioned here. Whatever works!
Joni, this is how I feel also. I wish they were all one, since I get overwhelmed easily.
Old 07-28-23, 09:13 AM  
Leonana

I think it’s hard to make a final decision when we still have this board. Once it disappears, we can discuss it on both forums. I vote for VBulletin, since it’s similar to here. However, someone would have to take the responsibility of paying and setting it up, and that’s beyond my abilities!

I know some won’t post at ProBoards because members aren’t approved. However, I’ve read you can set it up for membership approval. Although, I don’t know how that’s done.
Old 07-28-23, 10:46 AM  
counterclockwise

Has someone asked Wendy if we can transfer VF to a new site and take it over, and just got no response?
Old 07-28-23, 11:00 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Has someone asked Wendy if we can transfer VF to a new site and take it over, and just got no response?
I was wondering the same thing.

I signed up for two other boards but I always forget to check them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-28-23, 11:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I post on another ProBoard forum and like it over there. I don't pay anything and the only ad I ever see is one banner at the top that's easily ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
I don't think it would be worth the effort to even try.
Old 07-28-23, 12:17 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I post on another ProBoard forum and like it over there. I don't pay anything and the only ad I ever see is one banner at the top that's easily ignored.

I like the ProBoard forum better than Tapatalk, but I know some like Tapatalk better. We might end up being split between the two forums, which would be kind of sad.
Old 07-28-23, 12:28 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

Tags
forum alternative, forum issues, proboard, vf roost, vf site issues