Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-22-23, 12:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

VF subscriber renewal

I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago & have a PayPal record to show it went through. Yesterday I received an email saying my sub expires today. I checked My VF and sure enough, it did not renew. I have emailed Wendy although I doubt she will get back to me. I’m rather frustrated, but not surprised since the site has been slowly disintegrating for a while.
Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions about where to go from here?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 07-22-23, 02:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hmm, I have no suggestions other than to see what happens tomorrow and if your “benefits” and VF Supporter line on your profile continue. It could be that the email bot that sends out the reminders isn’t working, like so many other things. I would hope that if the supporter thing is going away that you would be refunded, but who knows at this point.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 07-22-23, 02:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago & have a PayPal record to show it went through. Yesterday I received an email saying my sub expires today. I checked My VF and sure enough, it did not renew. I have emailed Wendy although I doubt she will get back to me. I’m rather frustrated, but not surprised since the site has been slowly disintegrating for a while.
Pam, the same thing happened to me. I paid and still received the payment notice. The renewal does not show up on my Paid Subscription page.

So far, everything still seems to work OK.

The lack of communication is very frustrating!

We don't matter.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-22-23, 03:40 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't remember the last time I renewed as a VF subscriber. I don't think I have ever gotten a reminder email, either.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 07-22-23, 04:47 PM  
sherry7899

I am really sorry, but I am not renewing until I know Wendy is around again. Where is the money going? I am being really blunt, but that is how I feel.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-22-23, 07:13 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am really sorry, but I am not renewing until I know Wendy is around again. Where is the money going? I am being really blunt, but that is how I feel.
This is me.
Old 07-23-23, 01:15 AM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
This is very frustrating, Pam. You might consider opening a claim through PayPal to get the subscription money back. They have a very solid customer's protection system.

I keep wondering why Wendy doesn't respond to the numerous suggestions of VFers and Admins here, to take over the forum. It seems that upgrading the vBulletin platform is a straightforward process that might save the forum.
Old 07-23-23, 09:05 AM  
fatkat555

Is Wendy ill or incapacitated? I just can’t understand why she wouldn’t either shut the forum down OR let others run it. Charging someone a fee for a service not provided is bordering on criminal. If this forum is no longer going to provide a subscription service for members then that subscription area should’ve been shut down to avoid this situation.

I’m sure dealing with bots and scammers probably would burn out the best-intentioned of us, but there needs to be some form of communication for those of us still on here and especially for those paying the subscription.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 07-23-23, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilde View Post
This is very frustrating, Pam. You might consider opening a claim through PayPal to get the subscription money back. They have a very solid customer's protection system.

I keep wondering why Wendy doesn't respond to the numerous suggestions of VFers and Admins here, to take over the forum. It seems that upgrading the vBulletin platform is a straightforward process that might save the forum.
Agreed! I know nothing about how to do this but I'd be willing to learn to keep VF going. I know we have other options but there is so much legacy info here, it would be a shame to lose it.

Donna
Old 07-23-23, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

So weird. I usually get an email reminding me to pay my subscription dues. I didn't get one this year. This is so strange that Wendy won't respond or address the situation.

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, subscription issues, vf site issues, vf supporter