Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-07-14, 11:18 AM  
desie

Tonique dvds - outline

Hi, I just finished making notes on the Sylwia's many workouts, and I thought I would share. This is like an update on Cheryl's list from hardest to easiest, because that is what I used to add in my thoughts.

Hardest to the easiest. This will just be my opinion. I hope I remember all of her DVDs.

1 - FF Phase 2 which is 2 hours and 10 minutes. I break it down into 3 workouts:

Starts at 30 min mark

0:30-1:05 is the first leg

1:05-1:20 is plank work and a mini sort of blast.

If you are doing only the blast, Sylwia does 30 left leg lift down to lunge jump-switch, so do 15 on each side.
3 one-arm plank exercises; plank-squat thrust to rear diagonal lunge, each leg; push-up to down-dog with a hop; a few reps with no hop, then plank-squat thrust to finish.

1:20-1:57 is the second leg

1:57–2:40 finisher – do leg lift down to lunge jump-switch on both legs: Sylwia does 40 reps on one leg only.

2 - BTM 1.1 which is 73 minutes and very, very glute intensive. Sylwia stays on one leg for 40 minutes or so before switching to work the other leg.
3 - BTM 2.0 which is 52 minutes
4 - BTM 1.2 is 36 minutes which is challenging for many who aren't used to lots of cardio

5 - ATM which is 79 minutes lots of up & down moves. The length makes it harder, but it's a really fun workout

6 - FF phase 3 which is 38 minutes and has a handstand segment. I love the exercises and intensity of this workout
7 - FF Phase 1 which is 31 minutes – mostly squats; I don’t like much as I prefer lunges.

On ATM and FF, there are two mini workouts, Verve (mostly ab curls) and Sway (plank from a platform). About 15 minutes or less each. And one of her downloads is included, also 15 minutes, it is Sculpt One.

8 - Sculpt Dynamics disc 1 which is mostly cardio with sculpting interspersed. A lot of hopping and it is better with music only. You have to skip to the next chapter point to preview the first minute, so that when you are working out, you know when a new chapter is beginning!

Chapter One: 18 minutes
Chapter Two: 29 minutes
Chapter Three: 19.5 minutes
Chapter Four: 27.5 minutes
Chapter Five: 33 minutes

And, there is Sculpt Dynamics disc 2 which is all arms and about 38 minutes

9 - Cardio mat which is about 75 minutes and isn't chaptered at all and is filmed outside. The first 50 minutes is a good workout; the last 25 minutes seem like overkill, with a lot of time spent in bridge pose.

10 - Energy Mat which is harder than Cardio Mat. Energy Mat is about 65 minutes, half of which is on all fours doing lower body work and the second half is more core/ab work. I find that TA mat work is more time efficient. On BTM and Energy Mat, there is a dynamic stretch mini workout, which is fun to do as a warm-up.

11 – Premiere – some say this dvd gets to be too easy, but the lunge segment is still challenging for me to do without breaks. There is also a cool down segment on this dvd, I never do it, but it looks like it would be good for calming the nervous system.

12 - Tonique 2 disc 1 45 minutes which is more sculpting than cardio
13 - Tonique 2 disc 2 45 minutes which is more cardio than sculpting. I can’t get into this although I have tried. I just don’t like to hop!

14 - Tonique Mat – there are 3 segments, and it works better to do a segment at a time.

15 - Sylwia has 5 downloads that are mini leg workouts.

Cardio – 13 minutes. This is all one-leg hopping with a bit of mountain climbers at the end. It’s not for me.
Sculpt One – 16 minutes, this one is included as a bonus on the FF/ATM dvds.
Sculpt Two – 19 minutes
Cardio Sculpt One – 17 minutes
Cardio Sculpt Two – 23 minutes

So, you see, there are so many to choose from.
Old 11-07-14, 11:28 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks desie. This is very helpful.
Old 11-07-14, 11:34 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
Hi, I just finished making notes on the Sylwia's many workouts, and I thought I would share. This is like an update on Cheryl's list from hardest to easiest, because that is what I used to add in my thoughts.

Hardest to the easiest. This will just be my opinion. I hope I remember all of her DVDs.
8 - Sculpt Dynamics disc 1 which is mostly cardio with sculpting interspersed. A lot of hopping and it is better with music only. You have to skip to the next chapter point to preview the first minute, so that when you are working out, you know when a new chapter is beginning!

Chapter One: 18 minutes
Chapter Two: 29 minutes
Chapter Three: 19.5 minutes
Chapter Four: 27.5 minutes
Chapter Five: 33 minutes

11 – Premiere – some say this dvd gets to be too easy, but the lunge segment is still challenging for me to do without breaks. There is also a cool down segment on this dvd, I never do it, but it looks like it would be good for calming the nervous system.

15 - Sylwia has 5 downloads that are mini leg workouts.

Cardio – 13 minutes. This is all one-leg hopping with a bit of mountain climbers at the end. It’s not for me.
Sculpt One – 16 minutes, this one is included as a bonus on the FF/ATM dvds.
Sculpt Two – 19 minutes
Cardio Sculpt One – 17 minutes
Cardio Sculpt Two – 23 minutes

So, you see, there are so many to choose from.
This made me laugh, I'm not one of the ones that thinks Premiere is gets to be too easy I have the ones listed above, I notice the ones I have are the "easier" ones Thank you for this update it's very helpful
Old 11-07-14, 02:49 PM  
desie

Darn it! I forgot to put down Sylwia's Summer Bikini Project clips. Well, some of the clips are not available anymore. But I was working out to them all strung together into one workout, and they were fun. Maybe on the weekend, I will see which clips Sylwia kept on her you-tube account, and add them to my outline.
Old 11-07-14, 06:04 PM  
acescholar

Thanks--a great summary!
Old 11-07-14, 06:11 PM  
Pam

Thanks -- your summary is a big help!
Old 11-08-14, 09:20 AM  
LeanneM

This is so helpful! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 11-09-14, 11:51 AM  
LaCatrina

This thread is great

Wouldn't it be great to have a sticky with all the possible ways to split/do the workouts? I guess (like someone said in another thread) chapter points aren't part of Swylvia's vocabulary

IMO the only Tonique that's easy to try in parts is Premier

Tags
sylwia, tonique