Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-22-04, 09:13 AM  
Lori110

Which step should I buy?

My very old step has finally cracked and I get to buy a new one!
My old one wasn't quite long enough for my liking either. Had to do shorter V steps and I couldn't lie down with both my head and butt on the step the way some cool downs show.

So what is the best step to buy?
Thanks,
Lori
Old 04-22-04, 09:51 AM  
kandy

Here's my vote!

The Original Health Club Step! It's perfect in my book! It uses the same risers as the High Step (in case you ever decide to purchase one, you only need the topper) and it's versatile. The base is 4" and each set of risers adds 2"....it inclines safely for weight work or abs...I've owned one since the early 90's and it's the one piece of equipment that gets the most use and I've never regretted this purchase nor wished that I had chosen another version!

~kandy~
Old 04-22-04, 10:06 AM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Lori, you really can't go wrong with either the Reebok step or the Step Co step. Both will let you do step workouts without modifications. SO your choice is just a matter of convenience and availablity. The Step company step might be easier to find, and the risers will do double duty with the high step, as Kandi pointed out. The reebok step takes less space to store, if you don't have a dedicated workout area. I am speaking as a true vidiot, I have both After I'd had my reebok step for several years, I found two step company steps at Play it Again Sports. For not too much money, got 8 risers, one full length step, and one to cut down and use as a high step.

Both steps get high marks in my book. Happy shopping!
Old 04-22-04, 10:26 AM  
Conni

Step Co. Step is the best!!!!! I have had mine for years and have no issues with it. Great if you find a deal, but worth whatever price you have to pay.
Old 04-22-04, 10:36 AM  
terribleterra
VF Supporter

Both would be great - Step Co. or Reebok!!
But don't forget with the Reebok step, it starts out at 6" - no going down to 4"!! So if regulary do step on 4" - Get the Step Co. step!!

I have the Reebok one, had it probably close to 10 years - no problems!!

Terri
Old 04-22-04, 10:52 AM  
Lori110

Where can I find the Step Co. step? I googled but no luck. Is it really "The step Company"? I could find the Original Health Club step and Reebok, I just want to look at all of my choices!
Thanks everyone,
Lori
Old 04-22-04, 11:09 AM  
ardnas

You can get the original Step cheapest online at Walmart (I think total with S&H is around $70) or if you have a local Sport Authority they carry it with a free Cathe vhs for $69.99.
Old 04-22-04, 12:17 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

I have the Step Co Step, but both that one and Reebok are great. I was pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness of the Reebok step when I tried one out.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
Old 04-22-04, 02:40 PM  
Gretzky

I got this link through Cathe's site:

www.thestep.com/html/stepco.htm
Old 04-22-04, 02:53 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy weller
I was pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness of the Reebok step when I tried one out.
That's why I got the Reebok one...not that there's ANYTHING wrong with the Step Co., but on carpet, I just like the feel of my Reebok - plus it 'is' easier to store.

GR