Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-07-12, 04:46 PM  
DejaDeb

DVD workouts in Hollywood Movies

I could swear I've seen a thread about this before, but darned if I could find it! My family was watching "Zookeeper" last night and one of the women in the movie was doing yoga along with a television program/movie. I recognized Ana Brett in her new outdoor setting!

What DVD workouts have you seen in movies??

Zookeeper: Ana Brett - Kundalini Yoga (the girlfriend is "doing yoga")
Burn After Reading: Gilad - his step workout, I think (John Malkovich is watching it.)
Old 05-07-12, 05:10 PM  
videofit

The Savages, an excellent family drama starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney featured her working out to some blonde woman on a DVD. I have no idea who is was.
Old 05-07-12, 05:25 PM  
DejaDeb

Well, you know I just HAD to look it up! That movie has been identified here on VF as Fat Burning for Dummies!

The Savages: Gay Gaspar - Fat Burning for Dummies
Old 05-07-12, 05:54 PM  
PhyllisG

Not a movie but a TV show I think maybe Criminal Minds. The woman is doing a step workout in her bedroom when a guy creeps up the stairs and murders her. Very scary. No clue as to which workout it is.
Old 05-07-12, 06:01 PM  
deltoro

Laura Linney does (what I believe is a FIRM workout) two different times in the movie "The Savages".
Old 05-07-12, 06:12 PM  
lila_says

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Not a movie but a TV show I think maybe Criminal Minds. The woman is doing a step workout in her bedroom when a guy creeps up the stairs and murders her. Very scary. No clue as to which workout it is.
That's hilarious! Whenever I pull my step out, which isn't very often as I generally dislike step workouts, I always think of that scene. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one
Old 05-07-12, 06:18 PM  
PhyllisG

It is a VFer's equivalent to the shower scene in Psycho. Only a VFer would be wondering what workout is she doing?!
Old 05-07-12, 06:55 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Another TV show instead of movie, but there is scene in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" during which Buffy is doing step aerobics on a green/pink step. The point of the scene is that the music is so loud the characters don't hear someone pounding on the outside door. I've often wondered if it's a real work-out or simply music they found for the episode.

By the way, it just occurred to me that "Buffy" was a name designed to evoke a limp, weak teenage girl, but Buffy was actually pretty darned buff. Joss Whedon is so slick, I can't help but wonder if that was what he intended.
_____
YADeb
Old 05-07-12, 06:56 PM  
Eibhinn

I remember seeing the criminal minds episode, but I can't remember if I knew what video it was. I don't do step, so it's unlikely. I did a quick web search and say that some uber fan noted (on a table full of all of the songs from episodes) that on Season One, Episode Four - "In Plain Sight" the song "Respect" by Aretha Franklin is playing on the victim's exercise video. Does that help?
Old 05-07-12, 07:02 PM  
Eibhinn

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdFg4Qi2xGo

The exercise video starts at about the 20 second mark, then again around the 2 minute mark, so you don't have to dig through the whole 40 minutes.
I also totally don't hear "Respect" playing, so that might be a misleading clue.

Tags
animals in background, home exercisers in movies, home exercisers in tv