Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-30-23, 02:33 PM  
Terry

Uh Oh! Did I get a bootleg?

Online, I only buy from Amazon. There are plenty of Cathe Friedrich videos there, and not just used copies, so I have assumed Cathe does sell through Amazon and not just from her website.

I just pulled this virgin off my shelf: Ice To the Mat Lets & Glutes. Yep. Lets. Right there on the spine label and on the back at the top.

Does anybody have “Lets & Glutes” directly from Cathe’s site, or does she only sell this one to get you to work your Legs and Glutes.

I never even knew that I should work my lets. Weak lets make it hard to, um, well I don’t actually know why it’s not ideal to have weak lets. 😅
Old 09-30-23, 03:02 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Online, I only buy from Amazon. There are plenty of Cathe Friedrich videos there, and not just used copies, so I have assumed Cathe does sell through Amazon and not just from her website.

I just pulled this virgin off my shelf: Ice To the Mat Lets & Glutes. Yep. Lets. Right there on the spine label and on the back at the top.

Does anybody have “Lets & Glutes” directly from Cathe’s site, or does she only sell this one to get you to work your Legs and Glutes.

I never even knew that I should work my lets. Weak lets make it hard to, um, well I don’t actually know why it’s not ideal to have weak lets. 😅
100% sure you got a bootleg/fake because AFAIK there were no reports of the artwork containing blatant misspellings when this was released or since.

I got mine from Cathe's site when the ICE series came out (I think I preordered the set). The dvd has a silver back (not purple) and around the hole on the silver back side is printed "987-TO THE MAT V.2 F1 DVD" and "SM1/CA".

If you purchased the DVD on amazon, you can check when you bought the disc and from whom if you go to your amazon history and do a search for cathe legs and glutes. Amazon saves your purchase history going back to the beginning of time as far as I know.

I just looked up a firm dvd I bought off amazon fairly recently and it has the individual seller's username on amazon. I looked up a Petra Kolber dvd I bought in 2016 from an amazon seller and it has the seller's name in my history as well.

It's up to you but I would report it to Cathe's site if the amazon seller is still actively selling Cathe dvds. There's technically a possibility the seller didn't know and innocently bought or got the dvd from someone else and didn't know it was a bootleg copy they were selling, but if they're still selling Cathe dvds, probably not an innocent mistake.

Cathe has a pretty old posting about the issue with bootlegs:
https://cathe.com/homeland-security-...al-cathe-dvds/

And there a way to report that you can find on the cathe.com homepage bar under the "Contact Us" button--there's a dropdown menu to "Report Illegal DVDs":
https://cathedotcom.wufoo.com/forms/...nterfeit-form/

Cathe is a relatively small business so I feel bad that her company has to deal with this kind of stuff.
Old 09-30-23, 03:07 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The majority of my Cathe workouts have come directly from her site via preorder. With my ICE set, this was the case. It came in a hard plastic case with every DVD on their own section inside the case. So, I don't have a spine of "Lets" & Glutes to compare. On the DVD itself, it says "Legs" on the front.

I have made a couple of Amazon purchases but they were equipment, like her round mat and a couple other things, I think.

Sorry, I wasn't more help to you.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 09-30-23, 03:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

ITA with adawn that you got a bootleg. I have no recollection of any drama re misspellings on the DVD covers (although the darn apostrophe used for the plural of “combo” is WRONG but not in the title or on the cover). I bought my set from her site directly.

Cathe does have a store on Amazon—did you buy it there or from a different seller—assuming not from her store.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 09-30-23, 04:21 PM  
CharM

This image at Amazon shows Lets & Glutes. I don't know if it'll take you directly there, but if you scroll through you'll see. Weird.

https://www.amazon.com/Cathe-Friedri...%2C171&sr=8-60

It's the same on Cathe's site and at Mary's. We aren't shown the spine, though, but I'm going to assume you didn't get a fake.
Old 09-30-23, 06:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
This image at Amazon shows Lets & Glutes. I don't know if it'll take you directly there, but if you scroll through you'll see. Weird.

https://www.amazon.com/Cathe-Friedri...%2C171&sr=8-60

It's the same on Cathe's site and at Mary's. We aren't shown the spine, though, but I'm going to assume you didn't get a fake.
Wow, that’s crazy! Does anyone here have the individual disc? Maybe people bought the set and it wasn’t an issue?

I retract my statement that it’s a bootleg—maybe it’s not??

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 09-30-23, 06:13 PM  
Helen

Cathe's OWN site has the rear cover image with leTs & glutes!!

>> here <<

So.... most likely NOT a bootleg?

Did no VFers purchase that particular ICE workout separately, so nobody received the erroneous spelling on the back cover?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-30-23, 06:18 PM  
bubbles76

Ha! Wonder why we never heard about this being an issue? Maybe most bought the set. Funny
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-30-23, 07:38 PM  
Gams

Leslie Sansone has several DVDs with words spelled wrong.
Old 09-30-23, 08:11 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Cathe's OWN site has the rear cover image with leTs & glutes!!

>> here <<

So.... most likely NOT a bootleg?

Did no VFers purchase that particular ICE workout separately, so nobody received the erroneous spelling on the back cover?
Wow! I can't believe there's been controversy or talk about this! I guess most did do the preorder or don't read the back as carefully?!?

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, cathe, legs and glutes, to the mat