Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-09-12, 12:27 PM  
sherry7899

another Amazon trade in thread

I am trying to declutter and thought I'd check the value on some dvds. I know there was a thread on this recently-but there is a HUGE difference on the value of items that are new versus used like new. Several dvds I checked would be worth $10.00 if they are sealed, and only 10 CENTS if they are used like new. I may either put them on share the wealth here or donate them to the library. If something is worth $2.00 or more I"ll send it in, but it isn't worth bothering for a dime!

Sherry
Old 01-09-12, 12:39 PM  
Artist of Eyes

This has been a big topic of discussion lately. Personally, I find the money adds up regardless.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 01-09-12, 12:54 PM  
sherry7899

It does add up, but sending in something for ten cents does not seem worth it to me. I'd rather pass it along to another Vf'er.

Sherry
Old 01-09-12, 01:01 PM  
MM-Om

I know it is silly what they offer now for "like new" DVDs. It is a real bummer
Old 01-09-12, 01:36 PM  
Eibhinn

Keep on talking... it makes me less jealous that we don't have Amazon trade in here in Canada.

Didn't a VFer recently send a shrinkwrapped DVD and Amazon downgraded the condition to "good"? What would that be, a penny?

Too bad - the idea sounded great at first.
Old 01-09-12, 01:55 PM  
Stephanie_B

*All* my friend's DVDs were down graded and *all* (I've seen them) were in excellent condition. I'd rather swap or sell in lumps at Yayas then deal with Amazon for a quarter.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-09-12, 02:03 PM  
acescholar

I tried the trade in two different times (so probably two different 3rd party sellers). In both instances I sent sealed dvds and checked "new" condition, and I asked that they be returned rather than downgraded. I double packed both of them (bubble envelope within bubble envelope).

For the first one, I got full credit. For the second one, the dvd was returned (in a thin bubble wrap package). When I received it back, the plastic wrap on the dvd was ripped open, and a "damaged item" sticker was slapped on it. It disappointed me that I didn't get the credit, but what really irked me is that there is no way the wrap could have been ripped in transit the way I packed it. Someone had to have deliberately ripped it. This dvd is one of the more valuable dvds, although the price has oscillated a lot. I noticed it is now worth $5 less dollars than when I sent it, and I can't help suspecting that it was either deliberately damaged or actually switched because the price has gone down.

I'm guessing it's a bit of a crap shoot.
Old 01-09-12, 02:26 PM  
mtnmom

Asking a potentially dumb question here.

Why do you trade in workouts at Amazon rather than sell them there? You'd get more money for your DVDs and it's very simple to do. I can kind of see if you had more than twenty DVDs and wanted the money now vs waiting for them to sell. But I'm not seeing the popularity of this (trade-in) option.
Old 01-09-12, 02:39 PM  
froggy

I sell my own through Amazon. It's a much better deal.
Old 01-09-12, 03:04 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Asking a potentially dumb question here.

Why do you trade in workouts at Amazon rather than sell them there? You'd get more money for your DVDs and it's very simple to do. I can kind of see if you had more than twenty DVDs and wanted the money now vs waiting for them to sell. But I'm not seeing the popularity of this (trade-in) option.
For me personally, I'm not interested in becoming a seller. It's a good way to get rid of dvds in one fell swoop, and it's really painless. Although it seems like the changes they've made haven't been good.

Tags
amazon, amazon trade-in program