Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-02-23, 09:56 AM  
Gams

Kelly Coffey Meyer question

I took a break from weights after my shoulders began to bother me. I started using them again a couple months ago. I mostly use Kelly’s workouts and I think I used to like one of her workouts where she used just a single weight throughout the workout. I don’t remember which DVD it’s on. I haven’t run into it in the workouts I’ve done lately and it could even be a bonus on one of her DVDs. I can’t remember. Does anyone know what workout it might me?
Old 10-02-23, 10:20 AM  
bubbles76

The first one that came to mind for me was Slim Sculpting. She has you using a kettlebell in this one, but someone also shows the option for using a single dumbbell. That is how I used the workout in the past
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 10-02-23, 10:22 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Do you mean a single dumbbell throughout the entire workout? Or a pair of dumbbells, using the same weight?

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 10-02-23, 10:34 AM  
Gams

A single dumbbell throughout.
Old 10-04-23, 07:35 AM  
Gibbee

Gams - Do you subscribe to RAW? There is a Solo Dumbbell workout on there - and one of my all-time faves. I don't recall a single dumbbell workout on DVD, but let me give it some thought. She has so many now that they run together for me.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 10-04-23, 11:02 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Could it be the second workout on her older LIFT DVD? The first workout was a barbell workout (which I didn't love) and the second one is either one dumbbell or two dumbbells (I can't remember). I can't remember the name of the second one, but I remember loving it.

EDITED TO ADD: I did her One-on-One Cardio Sculpt Overload today, and there's just one heavy(ish) dumbbell (and really light ones for boxing). Could that have been it? I think this one was really good (but the music just so-so). As I was doing it today, I thought I need to do this one more!
Old 10-04-23, 12:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I took a break from weights after my shoulders began to bother me. I started using them again a couple months ago. I mostly use Kelly’s workouts and I think I used to like one of her workouts where she used just a single weight throughout the workout. I don’t remember which DVD it’s on. I haven’t run into it in the workouts I’ve done lately and it could even be a bonus on one of her DVDs. I can’t remember. Does anyone know what workout it might me?
I had a shoulder injury in 2022 from lifting boulders from the ground to a rolling cart. I totally understand how frustrating, and a painful lesson to learn the hard way. i always think that because i lift weights, i can do anything. i used proper form, but the weight was just too heavy, even though it was for a very tiny distance (ground to cart). it took about 6-8 months before the pain went away!

*you could practically do any workout with 1 dumbbell, and very wise of your idea to do so to slowly get back, yet prevent injury.

i also had a rotator cuff injury once, and doing Jari Love's original Ripped workout 3x/week corrected the problem. i used light weights - 5# i think. It's a different body part than what you're trying to heal, but i think the key was light weights.

*example: bicep curls where you normally have a DB in each hand - use 2 hands to hold 1 dumbbell and contract the biceps without clenching your fingers.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-04-23, 10:29 PM  
fatkat555

Gams- I pulled out a new-to-me KCM workout tonight, Stepboxing 2. There’s a 17 minute segment that features a single dumbbell (at least the sections I did on workout 2 used the one dumbbell). Maybe this is what you were looking for?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-05-23, 07:08 AM  
Venus

Is it Home Gym Intervals, Workout 1?

30 Minutes to Fitness: Home Gym Intervals
Old 10-05-23, 10:19 AM  
Gams

Yes, fatkat, that’s the one I was thinking of - thanks! And thanks everyone for all the other ideas that I’m going to check out. Lori, thanks for mentioning Cardio Sculpt Overload. I pulled out the DVD and I have a note on it about one dumbbell - duh. Also, the upper body workout on Body Design looks like it uses a single dumbbell as well - I’ll check that one out today to make sure.

Tags
30 mtf, kcm, kcm one dumbbell, kelly coffey meyer, slim sculpting