Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-04-24, 02:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Is the VF Reviews Section still processing reviews?

Wondering about the VF reviews section - 9/2022 was the last time Lisa emailed me that she had processed my request to add a new workout to the Reviews section.

Questions:
(1) are requests being processed for new workouts to be added?
(2) are new reviews being posted to the reviews section upon submission?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-04-24, 08:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Good questions 👏🏾

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-05-24, 06:24 AM  
kat_b

Is Lisa still around? From what I see the existing reviews required manual interaction to put them into the database.

I'm going to tread softly here since reviewing streaming and YouTube sites and instructors are one of the goals of my own project (for instructors that do have pages here I refer back to VF for the instructor's "hard" products).
Old 03-05-24, 02:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Kat - yes - Lisa added new workouts after users filled out the online form. it would be on her own time, and she'd send you an email when it was created.

some of the existing workouts in the VF reviews section are regarding streaming or online workouts, self-labeled by the user/submitter.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-20-24, 10:47 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

any updates on the review forum?

Old 04-22-24, 12:25 PM  
Camember

Bumping!

I have written a short review of an old workout I haven't seen listed. It would be interesting to know if it is possible to ask for it to be added (and to know how I should submit a review, by the way. I don't have the slightest idea yet)
Old 04-24-24, 06:29 AM  
kat_b

I'm not ignoring this, but in the short term no, it isn't processing reviews and hasn't for a while now. As mentioned in the "next steps" post, I'm moving that portion of the site into a content management system.

I've got the videos imported but it needs some cleanup to properly attribute, without PII, the reviews, and that's behind my paying work and the forum migration, but I hope to have existing reviews in place by late June and there will be a way to add comments/rate them going forward like I was developing for streaming sites/channels.
Old 04-24-24, 10:33 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi Kat, sorry I missed that announcement in the Next Steps thread!

glad to hear! and thank you!

Tags
forum issues, lisa c, reviews, submitting reviews, vf future, vf reviews