Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-14-24, 07:29 PM  
angie_nrs

Who's still doing STS 2.0?

I pulled this set out again after doing the initial program when I first received it. I just wanted to use some stand alone weight workouts without a strict rotation and this fit the bill. I'm doing a mix of a 2-3 STS 2.0 workouts with some other Cathe cardio, Katami 4x4 workouts, or other random workouts (not weight oriented) for a total of 4-5 workous per week.

It looks something like this:
Week #1 - Did 2 of the total body workouts with Cathe Hiit and a step workout
Week #2 - Did Upper #1 and Lower #1 with Katami 4x4 and Kettlebell KB.
Week #3 - Did Upper #2 and Lower #2 with Cathe kickbox and Cardio coach.
Week #4 - Did 3 of the single body part mish mosh premixes so-as to do 2 body parts per workout in a single day with added ABs on some days.

This set is so versatile. I just LOVE It. The heavy weights and slow pacing is perfect. Even without a specific rotation I'm seeing some nice hypertrophy gains and have leaned out a bit in my mid section. These workouts also seem really fresh to me so I never really know what I'm in for when I pull out a workout and push play. I didn't experiment with the premixes during the initial rotation so it's really fun to start playing with those.
Old 02-15-24, 09:17 AM  
bubbles76

I like this rotation! I plan on continuing to use STS 2.0 in the future. For now, I'm doing floorwork, Ballet Beautiful, and Tonique Premier for lower body. I'm okay with doing the unweighted squats and lunges but still have to be very, very careful because of my knee pain. I had no problem with STS 2.0 when I did the first rotation, but must have aggravated my knee again after the rotation because my knee is unhappy. Can you list out what you did with Kettlebell Kickboxing and Katami 4X4? I have those workouts, but always find it hard to do rotations with them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 02-15-24, 11:58 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
This set is so versatile. I just LOVE It. The heavy weights and slow pacing is perfect. Even without a specific rotation I'm seeing some nice hypertrophy gains and have leaned out a bit in my mid section. These workouts also seem really fresh to me so I never really know what I'm in for when I pull out a workout and push play. I didn't experiment with the premixes during the initial rotation so it's really fun to start playing with those.
It IS so versatile and I just LOVE it too! I've been doing the workouts since it came out...after Cathe's initial 8 week rotation and a short break and then the STS 2.0/XT rotation. In January, I started 2lazy4gym's STS 2.0 8 week rotation and am currently on Week 7:
https://2lazy4gym.com/2023/09/13/sts-2-0-rotation/

She includes the mobility and core work along with 30 min. cardio 2x/week. I choose other cardio than Cathe's usually, and other instructors mobility, so I'm not burning out on Cathe. This rotation includes lots of the premix options, so I really haven't burned out on the workouts! I've gotten so much stronger and my grip strength has really improved (what I'm most excited about). I think she did a great job constructing this rotation...I like it better than Cathe's!

I like your rotation ideas as well!
Old 02-15-24, 12:44 PM  
TracyQ

I’m still doing them. I took a short break from them and started back in January. I do one STS 2 upper, one lower and one full body workout per week. On my off days I do Peloton, Yoga and Pilates and I walk 4-5x per week.

I haven’t tried the mobility or Yoga offerings yet (I have my YouTube favs for those type of workouts) even without those I’m very pleased with this set.

I love the slower pace and the rests.

I’ll have to check out 2Lazy’s rotation. It sounds good.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 02-15-24, 03:43 PM  
warriorprincess

I love it too! In the past two weeks, I've gone through all the Body Parts segments again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 02-15-24, 04:21 PM  
rhbrand

I think I'm going to do a miss mosh of STS 2.0 workouts combined with some walking and spinning.
Old 02-15-24, 04:35 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm doing a rotation of the 3 total body workouts. I was doing another total body rotation previously. I really like the slower rep speed even if I don't go as heavy as Cathe and crew.
Old 02-15-24, 05:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

When it came out, I did Cathe's STS 2.0 rotation for 12 weeks...and loved it, too! I just haven't been able to get back to it yet. Currently doing Jessica Smith's Your Best Year Yet rotation, along with lots of yoga and indoor walking.

I miss my Cathe workouts. Jessica's workouts have been fine, but I'm ready to get back to Cathe soon! Just have to decide if that will be STS 2.0 again or something else.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 02-16-24, 04:46 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Can you list out what you did with Kettlebell Kickboxing and Katami 4X4? I have those workouts, but always find it hard to do rotations with them.
It wasn't anything fancy. I just kinda threw them in there. I used to be a strict Rotation girl several years ago. Now, I just throw stuff out there at the last minute. I'm just getting mentally lazy I guess. I haven't done a strict rotation since STS 2.0 came out. I hardly ever do a w/o on Sundays.

Here's what I did:
M - UB #1
Tu - off
W - Katami 4x4 Hero 2
Th - LB #1
F - off
Sat - Perfect 30 UB

M - Katami 4x4 Hero 1
Tu - UB #2
W - Intense Moves - Gin Miller Interval w/o
Th - LB #2
F - off
Sat - KBKB Power (Scorcher series)

M - STS 2.0 Supersets
Tu - 4DS Kickbox cardio only
W - Katami 4x4 Warrior 2 + STS 2.0 extended stretch
Th - TB trisets
F - off
Sat - Lite cardio party #4 premix

M - Chest & Tri's premix (body parts) + Tony's great body Abs
Tu - CC #6 with Candace on the elliptical
W - Legs & Back (body parts) premix
Th - Back & Bicep (body parts) premix
F - off
Sat - KBKB Strength (Scorcher series)
Old 02-19-24, 06:15 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I do one STS 2 upper, one lower and one full body workout per week. On my off days I do Peloton, Yoga and Pilates and I walk 4-5x per week..
I have another 4-5 weeks of a paper plan I want to finish, and then I’ve been looking forward to 4-8 weeks of STS 2.0 again, something like the above except I don’t have a bike for cardio.

I really liked the LB and UB 1 and 2. Instead of a third day of full body, I could also see myself doing a third day of LB 1 or 2 but using a pre-mix, plus pull-ups and push-ups for Ub. There are so many possibilities.

Tags
cathe, cathe sts 2.0, cathe sts 2.0 rotation, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews