Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-24-15, 07:30 AM  
Sara1000

Your Favorite Walk w/Weights Workout?

I did Jessica's Smith's Strength Interval Walk (from the recent 3-disc set) this morning, using the 3 pound option (she uses 5). I found this invigorating and probably strengthened my muscles a bit although I usually do regular strength workouts for muscle building.

Now that I cannot run or jump, using weights seems like the ideal way to build/maintain stamina and burn calories. I like the way Jessica keeps walking through most of the strength exercises and involves all the muscle groups, if only a small amount on each.

I know Leslie has some - which of hers are your favorites and are there other instructors that do workouts of this type that you like?
Old 10-24-15, 09:00 AM  
curious621

Maybe check out Debra Mazda's Let's Get Moving DVDs. I thought it would be easy but with weights it gets tougher!
Old 10-24-15, 09:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Chris Freytag did a couple of walks with weight intervals - about 40 minutes long - for Exercise TV. The DVD (Walking Cardio Shape Up Mix) is still available, and they are good walks.

Carol
Old 10-24-15, 03:09 PM  
marya

I Leslie's Walk Strong--an oldie but definitely a goodie. It's my favorite interval workout. Leslie uses 5-lb. weights and the other exercisers vary, from no weights to 3-lbs. There's no cardio in the strength intervals, which combine upper body and lower body moves.

Leslie's Walk Strong Express uses a band for the strength intervals. I sometimes alternate it with Walk Strong for variety.
Old 10-24-15, 03:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I also like Anni Mairs' Life Force.
Old 10-24-15, 04:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Leslie has a few that include walk/weight intervals (Tone Every Zone is a newer one).

Heavy Hands Walk Plus dvd is a walking-style workout using hand weights. I like it (and I think you can see it on youtube, IIRC...)

Chris Freytag's 2 Week Turnaround Cardio also has a segment using weights, I think...
Old 10-24-15, 06:26 PM  
Gams

A second vote for Debra Mazda's DVDs.
Old 10-24-15, 07:27 PM  
Leonana

Jessica has a 40 minute one on You Tube that I like.
Old 10-24-15, 10:11 PM  
bfit

The Debra Mazda one is called "Let's Get Moving 2", and it's good. There are two segments on Biggest Loser Power Walk that use weights while walking. One uses weights, and the other one uses a medicine ball although you could just use one weight instead of the ball. There is also the very old Gilad Step and Tone that uses weights while doing simple step routines.
Old 10-25-15, 04:47 AM  
dlb

Strength & Spirit

By Anita White Barbero. I haven't done it in a few months but I believe there is a "walking" type section on it.

Tags
anita barbero, chris freytag, heavyhands, leslie with weights, walk strong leslie, walking with weights, walking workouts