Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-09-13, 01:03 PM  
PhyllisG

I wasn't aware of this before but maybe others were. You can order boards 5, 6 or 7 ft. They are priced accordingly. I am 5'2" and I measured it out on the floor and think 5 ft might work fine.
Will I be able to hold out till after the holidays?!!
Has any one actually received the obsidian board and DVDs?
Old 12-09-13, 01:50 PM  
Rhonda

So I am interested in the DVDs. I dug out my slide and tried it Saturday. boy I really need to work on the sliding. I can't make it side to side.

Are the DVDs worth the price? Just what I need, more DVDs. Trying to get rid of some.
Old 12-09-13, 02:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Hey everyone

I called Obsidian today and talked to the guys there - they were super friendly and excited that they're being discussed on VF. The first guy I talked to said he was starting to read the forum because he likes to find new workouts too. I warned him it can be expensive.

Then he transferred me to to Patrick, who I asked if I could order all 10 DVDs without the board. He immediately said, "Sure! We didn't think of that, we should create that as an offer on the web page."

We agreed that $99 for all 10 DVDs would be a good deal, plus $6.95 standard shipping. I gave them my cc number and soon the disks will be mine!

So - look for it on the buyobsidian.com site, or call them and say you're from VF.

Disclosure - when I negotiated the price, I said I would post it here and they might get more orders. Everyone wins!
Bex,

That's great!! Thanks for calling them! I was thinking if someone bought the board from other company or had already a board, it would be nice to be able to get the 10 dvds!

I'm a little lost though, you said before you "plunged" and ordered the 7 dvds in a previews post:

Quote:
I plunged and ordered the 7 DVDs. (I still have the original reebok slide). But since I live in Shanghai, I probably won't get my hands on them and have time to try them out until after new year.

Anyone else?
I thought they were already on your way!

Did they tell you something about the board? Or if the hard one was available for purchase as well? I'd love to call, but my English speaking skills are not the best, and I haven't practice it in a long time, so I'm not confident enough to give them a call.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
Old 12-09-13, 02:41 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I wasn't aware of this before but maybe others were. You can order boards 5, 6 or 7 ft. They are priced accordingly. I am 5'2" and I measured it out on the floor and think 5 ft might work fine.
Will I be able to hold out till after the holidays?!!
Has any one actually received the obsidian board and DVDs?
I didn't see that option before either Was it there all the time? The guys who already ordered have choosed their lenght? Just curious

I also measured it out on the floor (I'm 5'4) and I think I'd go for 6', even if at the beginning maybe I'll have to make it in 2 strokes or shuffing (lol) as Bex mentiones b4! Who knows!?! But, I don't want to regret later, that 5' wasn't long enough.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 12-09-13, 03:41 PM  
bee1forfitness

I think 5 feet may not be long enough even if you're 5' + because once you caught on it just may not be enough. Think of it like lifting 3# as your strength grows you might want a challenge to 5#. Just slide over in two shuffles to end of the bumpers till you can go all the way over, for the price of a new board in my opinion to get your money's worth a longer slide might be better value
Old 12-09-13, 04:31 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I have not received mine yet, and I can't wait!! Lol I'm so excited to do these workouts. I know they said 2-3 weeks, and I spoke with someone on the phone at the end of last week who said they were waiting on a shipment to come in and then they would be sent out. I don't know what length I will be getting, as I didn't see anywhere to choose. I know the Ultraslide comes in different lengths, I'm not sure about the Obsidian, which is what I ordered.
Old 12-09-13, 04:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Stephanie, I can't wait for you to receive it either! lol

Old 12-09-13, 08:58 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I'm a little lost though, you said before you "plunged" and ordered the 7 dvds in a previews post..

Did they tell you something about the board? Or if the hard one was available for purchase as well? I'd love to call, but my English speaking skills are not the best, and I haven't practice it in a long time, so I'm not confident enough to give them a call.
You're right, I had ordered them. But I realized I made a mistake in my order (wrong shipping address and I'd accidentally put in an extra single DVD in the cart) so I immediately sent them an email asking if I could change it. Patrick replied right away that they could cancel it and I could do a new one.

As long as I cancelled it, I decided to try to see if I could order all 10. Then it took me a while to get around to calling because the time difference between Shanghai and the US west coast is killer. There's a narrow window, but I happened to be up late last night.

Sorry I didn't ask anything about the board. I should have, for everyone's information, but as I said it was late and I was all excited about my deal.

AsSweetAsSugar your written English is great. If you are not confident of your spoken skills, maybe write out what you want to ask and practice once or twice before you call? (I do this all the time with Chinese. Phone calls are always the hardest). The guys I spoke to were really nice and if you needed to ask them to slow down, I'm sure they would .
Old 12-09-13, 10:25 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
You're right, I had ordered them. But I realized I made a mistake in my order (wrong shipping address and I'd accidentally put in an extra single DVD in the cart) so I immediately sent them an email asking if I could change it. Patrick replied right away that they could cancel it and I could do a new one.
Bex, you actually didn't have to explain yourself Sorry about that, I just had an "Ahhhhh " moment, because I was so waiting to hear your thoughts and reviews of the workouts.

Quote:
AsSweetAsSugar your written English is great. If you are not confident of your spoken skills, maybe write out what you want to ask and practice once or twice before you call? (I do this all the time with Chinese. Phone calls are always the hardest). The guys I spoke to were really nice and if you needed to ask them to slow down, I'm sure they would .
Thank you! And that's a great idea, I'll try to do that. And I agree you... Phone calls are always the hardest! I even get a sweat sometimes! lol

Old 12-10-13, 08:21 AM  
Rhonda

I was thinking that ordering all 10 wasn't worth it because that is basically $40 for just 3 additional DVDs. You can get 7 for $59.99 and all 10 for $99

so I think I will go for the 7 DVDs. Can't see getting an additional 3 for $40.

Thanks for checking into it though

Rhonda

Tags
buyobsidian, gliding, obsidian, obsidian fitness, slide boards, sliding, tryobsidian, ultraslide, ultraslide downloads