Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-05-09, 11:19 AM  
dianestjohn

My drug of choice no longer works!

I got my new Collage catalogue this week, looked through it, got all excited, marked several workouts I wanted to check out, then this morning, as my reward for a hard week at work, I went to Collage and looked at the clips for all of them. Did not get excited about ANY of them, as I was going through them I said "too hard, too easy, choreography too complex, choreography too simple, too much impact, instructor is too skinny, instructor's voice/accent is too annoying, workout too long, workout too short and disjointed, blah blah blah." I don't actually believe that suddenly Collage is offering only boring horrible workouts. I am so worried that this is IT for me, the beginning of the end, I will no longer get excited about any exercise video, I will just take long walks and call it a day. Sigh. Has anyone else gone through a period like this and come out the other side?

Exercise videos are a huge part of my life, I love this forum and the cathe forum, I stand in my tv room every night doing one workout and looking at all my others, re-ordering them, plotting which to give away and how to replace them, should I do a barre rotation? what about CLX? And now I feel like I just don't care. I'm hoping I just have a temporary virus or something LOL.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 11:46 AM  
videofit

I thought I'd reached that stage until today. I just tried ordering two Margaret Richard workouts since she's having a special Labor Day sale (see other thread) but I couldn't get the website order form to work. Actually I wish I would never get excited because it would save me money.
Old 09-05-09, 11:56 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Don't worry, it's temporary. Something new will be released that will excite you again.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 11:58 AM  
acescholar

The good news is that it's temporary.

The bad news is that it's temporary.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 12:21 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Or, you might get lucky and it will be permanent I still get the Collage catalog and enjoy flipping through it, but these days it is a very rare occasion that something jumps out as a "must have". (I think the last video to call my name was Cardioke, and Collage won't even carry it!)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 12:54 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Oh, something will capture your imagine again sometime, probably sooner rather than later... I go through phases like that, where one day I'm all enthused and another day I'm not. I'm pretty consistent about working out; I'm not so consistent about buying new stuff. In fact, most of my favorites are OLD! More than any other workouts this year, I've done Power Hour, Step Jam, Super Body Sculpt, and Leslie's WalkSlims.

As long as you're doing and enjoying the workouts you have, let your budget enjoy the breathing space so you're ready financially when something does grab you again!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 03:24 PM  
mtngoat

In my experience, you may just be suffering from the Goldilock's Syndrome.

This DVD is too hot; this one is too cold. But soon one will be JUST RIGHT!

In the meantime, let your credit card enjoy the break!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 03:33 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
The good news is that it's temporary.

The bad news is that it's temporary.

Ha ha---so true, so true!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 04:36 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

It won't last...never does I was actually trying to prune down my collection (have been for the past year) and here I'm awaiting two new Kelly's and Redflame got me interested in Squeeze!!!

Now what IS good news is that I'm getting much pickier about what I'll buy and how I'll pay for it (if I can't go Paypal, I often pass).

BTW, I haven't had anything jump out at me from the Collage catalogue this time (but I'm sure they have both Squeezes) either
Old 09-05-09, 04:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You are fussier now because you have greater knowlege of what works for you and what you like. That's a good thing. You won't spend money on dvds that end up in the trade or sell pile.

BTW don't disparage walking. It's great exercise and it's mentally calming. It's definitely not a waste of time, and if that's all you feel like doing right now, that's just fine.