Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-23-22, 12:01 PM  
Tugger31

Angry Clothing

After a dozen Amazon returns of a variety of jeans and cargo pants, I give up!!! I haven't worn jeans in about 30 years and the trend continues. I hate stretch jeans! I don't wear yoga pants or I'd probably be able to find pants. I'm short and have big thighs and buy pants that are supposedly made for my body shape. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime. I guess I'm destined to live in sweat pants.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 12:08 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm short and have thick thighs and calves and a round booty. I think most of my jeans are LEI, Old Navy and Arizona (from JC Penney's). I love denim, I couldn't give up searching if I had to!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 12:34 PM  
bubbles76

I love denim and have been having problems finding them as well. There is a 12 inch difference between my waist and my booty so I'm bottom blessed I'm also short, 5'5". I used to be able to find Levis curvy fit in bootcut, but now everything is high waisted. Old Navy used to be my jam, but I find most of their jeans too tight fitting. I don't like jeans to show every curve. I have never tried LEI. Not Your Daughters Jeans used to be a good fit, but I haven't seen them around lately.

I found some nice utility pants at Kohl's that I've been wearing all summer: Sonomo Goods For Life Utility Pants. Didn't think I would like them as I don't like tapered leg, multiple buttons, or high waist, but I really like these pants! They have been my uniform all summer, paired with tanks, nice tops, t-shirts, whatever! I wash and dry on delicate. Although these will work for summer and maybe into fall, I know I'll need to find some jeans for winter.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 12:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Bubbles, you bring up a good point. I don't remember the last time I bought jeans! I'm not a fan of high-waisted so it probably would be more difficult now. The ones you linked are cute though!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 01:03 PM  
cttx31

I have gotten all of my favorite jeans at local thrift stores! You can try them on (assuming the thrift store has dressing rooms), they won't shrink, and they may have slightly older styles without stretch in them.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 01:10 PM  
Gams

A lot of places still sell Not Your Daughter’s Jeans including Macy’s, QVC and the NYDJ website.

P. S. I never thought of 5’5” as being short! I’m 5’4 and always thought of myself as falling into the average height category. 😄
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 01:12 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
I have gotten all of my favorite jeans at local thrift stores! You can try them on (assuming the thrift store has dressing rooms), they won't shrink, and they may have slightly older styles without stretch in them.
I was just going to post the same thing. I am a curvy pear, with a big difference between my waist and hip measurements. If I find pants to fit my hips and thighs, the waist is huge. I found a few pairs of pants in local thrift stores recently.

Bubbles76, if you come back to my town, they recently opened two very nice thrift stores-second avenue, and a goodwill on route 33 in the shopping center with Shop Rite. I've had really good luck with clothing. There is not much fitness stuff, but I don't need anything. If you happen to have a weekday off, it is better to go to the one on route 33 on a weekday. It is packed on the weekends.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 01:25 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
Almost all my jeans are from thrift stores. I have been lucky to find many pairs of NYDJ (fave brand) for around $5/pair. I often find pairs of brand new tags attached jeans while thrifting (everyone has the problem of finding jeans that fit!).

Here's a tip I learned recently for finding jeans that fit without trying them on in case you don't have access to a dressing room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qd4xGLP2lQ
Old 08-23-22, 01:52 PM  
fatkat555

I thrift my jeans as well. It’s the only place I’ve found that has had jeans that fit me. In my area I believe we have women who pay to alter their jeans and then sell them, so they do all the work and I get the benefits.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 02:24 PM  
dnna

Talbots has a line of curvy pants and jeans. right now they are having their huge bi-yearly sale. It is 60% off the sale price. so the savings are amazing. you can also go to the store and they will order the jeans or pants for you, no shipping charge. and free returns to the store, if available in your area. You cannot beat the quality of Talbots pants and jeans.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeans, off topic, off-topic, pants