Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-03-22, 03:25 PM  
severin817

Youtube channel Feedback

Hi everyone!

I'm a longtime member of Video Fitness and group fitness instructor. I've been teaching for 25 years and recently decided to start a workout YouTube channel.

I'm looking for some feedback on how I can improve the videos and any workout suggestions for new videos. I thought you guys would be the perfect people to ask!

https://youtube.com/c/LauraWellsFitness

If you have time to try or watch some workouts and give some suggestions, I would so appreciate it!

Also, I've converted all of my DVD workouts to my hard drive and I can't bear the thought of throwing the discs away. I'm just looking to give them to anyone that wants them. Some are the commercial discs and some are backup copies I made. Let me know if you're interested!

Thank you!

Laura
Old 11-03-22, 08:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Laura, your channel looks great! It's definitely way more professional than my little home-grown ones - you have mega video editing skills!

I might try one of your boxing routines. This one looks good, although I found the sound to be a bit muffled compared to some of your other videos:
https://youtu.be/gQywUXmBvd0

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-04-22, 12:34 AM  
Demeris

Oh my gosh! Your channel is wonderful. You've done beautiful work. And thank you for mirror cuing! I'm looking forward to more 10 & 20 mins workouts.

Oh, and you look very fit and healthy! Mazel tov!

btw, what are some of the videos you're willing to give away?
Old 11-04-22, 08:14 AM  
severin817

Thank you ladies for your feedback! I so appreciate it.

I'm learning everything as I go; sound and video editing, lighting, etc. It's a lot but I'm having fun with it.

I would love create a community of people that enjoy workouts like the "good ol days." I started teaching in 1996 and my dream was to do DVDs. Now with YouTube I can do it without spending thousands of dollars.

If you have ideas for future workouts, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks everyone!

Laura
Old 11-04-22, 08:20 AM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by severin817 View Post
Thank you ladies for your feedback! I so appreciate it.

I'm learning everything as I go; sound and video editing, lighting, etc. It's a lot but I'm having fun with it.

I would love create a community of people that enjoy workouts like the "good ol days." I started teaching in 1996 and my dream was to do DVDs. Now with YouTube I can do it without spending thousands of dollars.

If you have ideas for future workouts, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks everyone!

Laura
Hi Beth!

Thanks so much for your feedback. You're so right on the sound. I was struggling with trying to fix it for days and the end product was the best I could do with the footage. It's definitely a case of learning as I go but I'm enjoying the process.

Let me know what you think of the boxing workout! If you have any workout ideas, let me know!

I'm going to check out your channel right now.

Laura
Old 11-04-22, 09:01 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Thank you for sharing your channel! It looks nicely done. I would love to see some good steady state cardio vids.
Old 11-04-22, 09:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Your channel looks great. I subscribed!

I didn't spend a lot of time searching but I would like more weight training/metabolic type of workouts. I don't know if you do that type of workout. I will try some of the videos soon.
Old 11-04-22, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Subscribed! They all look fabulous and can I just say thank you for the length of your videos. There is a nice variety, too.

I think we have the next KCM among us!
Old 11-04-22, 10:27 AM  
Vantreesta

I subscribed as well! I'm looking forward to trying your triceps blast. What I saw looks great to me! I will be sharing your channel with my friends and family.

Do you have a list of the DVDs you're letting go of?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-04-22, 10:59 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I also subscribed and plan to try one of your cardio workouts tomorrow. I agree with everyone - the channel looks great. And I've been looking for 20 min HIIT workouts so I'm glad you posted!

Tags
laurawellsfitness, severin817