Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-05-04, 11:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Does anyone use a Sportline pedometer?

I saw a really cheap one at Walmart--I think it was only $6 or so. However, I know that not all pedometers are accurate, so I've wondered if others have any experience with this one. I heard that Digiwalker makes excellent pedometers--either Fitness or Shape said they were very accurate--but I don't really want to invest $40 or more.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 05-05-04, 11:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I have two SPortline pedometers

(I misplaced the first one, so got a new one.) :rolleyes:

They both came from WalMart (and my son has one as well). I set them and never had a problem with them. Except the fact that they didn't show me that I did enough steps each day!

I gave up wearing mine, since I'm a very sedentary person and don't move much at work. Trying to reach the "xx" amount of steps each day that Prevention recommended, just wasn't happening! And my cycling doesn't register. So, I put it away.

I do go on my kicks though and pull it out and use it occasionally.

I think there were a couple of people on the forum though, who purchased them and were NOT satisfied with them. Perhaps they will post!

Cleda
Old 05-05-04, 01:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in Walmart, go to the health and beauty section and get Omron's model HJ-105 for $13.38. i love mine and it's great - counts steps, calories, miles, is slim, doesn't click, and very durable. it fell in my water glass and i immediately pulled it out, dried it in the sun, and it was good as new. it also has a sensitivity switch (3 settings).

i have it on now in fact!
Old 05-05-04, 01:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
in Walmart, go to the health and beauty section and get Omron's model HJ-105 for $13.38. i love mine and it's great - counts steps, calories, miles, is slim, doesn't click, and very durable. it fell in my water glass and i immediately pulled it out, dried it in the sun, and it was good as new. it also has a sensitivity switch (3 settings).
Thanks bzar; I had actually just looked in the Sporting Goods section. So is it with the makeup and other stuff?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 05-05-04, 03:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

toaster - yah it is. look for the area where they display the blood pressure monitor, blood sugar tester, etc.

it's not locked in a glass case, but usually right in front of a glass case where they store those blood sugar tester machines, and what not.

omron is actually a medical equipment manufacturer (i have their body fat analyzer which is actually pretty decent) that makes blood pressure kits, etc.

i think that's why they're in the health and beauty section.