Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-16-24, 01:04 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

More new SHED workouts! Two of them, in Week 3 of the rotation:

Jessica has posted Week 3 of the SHED rotation in her AAP, and it includes two new workouts:

SHED: Total Body Circuit Intervals
We're going to power through a full body circuit workout that includes a few interval finishers to wrap up our sets. Though I encourage you to adjust and adapt as needed during all of our workouts together, this session is a bit more demanding, so please be sure you are full rested and fueled before jumping into this one. You'll need two to three sets of dumbbells (one light, moderate and heavy to you sets are recommended), and a pair of gliding tools (discs, paper plates for carpets or cloths for hard floors) for a few of the moves. Once you are all set up and ready to move, hit play and let's groove!
INTENSITY: Moderate to High (during intervals)

SHED: Single Sided Pairs (Total Body Strength + Power)
This single sided paired supersets circuit focuses on unilateral strength moves organized into upper, lower and arms/core circuits followed up with a power and agility interval finisher at the very end. All you need for this session are two to three sets of dumbbells (one light, moderate and heavy to you sets are recommended), a mat and a chair may be used to support a few moves, if desired. Once you are all set up, let's get started!
INTENSITY: Moderate to Higher (during power + agility finishers)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 02-16-24, 05:20 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for posting!

I walk a lot at work, and get pretty tired, so I haven’t started Shed yet. I’m planning on doing some of the workouts when I’m off during spring break.
Old 02-16-24, 05:42 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I shortened Single Sided Pairs to 30 minutes and think I'll be sore tomorrow. I love how well these new workouts are chaptered. I'll do the other segments tomorrow.

Leslie
Old 02-17-24, 05:07 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Thanks for posting!

I walk a lot at work, and get pretty tired, so I haven’t started Shed yet. I’m planning on doing some of the workouts when I’m off during spring break.
I haven't even started STRENGTHEN yet. I started CONDITION this week. I hope to do it at least twice around; I get better results when I repeat workouts several times.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
Old 02-17-24, 05:11 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I shortened Single Sided Pairs to 30 minutes and think I'll be sore tomorrow. I love how well these new workouts are chaptered. I'll do the other segments tomorrow.

Leslie
Good to know that it can be shortened!

-Neita

Current Rotations:

Tags
aap, jessica smith, jessica smith shed, jessica smith streaming