Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-09-22, 04:51 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Angry Facebook Deleted My VF Roost List

Some of you may have seen my Facebook post to VF Roost where I am trying to sell off a large amount of my workout DVD collection. I have literally spent hours compiling this list, have already completed several successful sales, and now the list has been deleted, with the reasoning being basically described as my post being likely spam, I guess due to the length of the list.

Typically it looks like you are given the opportunity to dispute this to Facebook, but when I selected the option to do that, the message I received was that they do not currently have enough reviewers to look at these disputes.

I tried re-listing with a somewhat shorter list but it was immediately deleted.

I have hundreds of legitimate, privately purchased and owned DVDs that I have accumulated over many years. I am now trying to sell them (at very good prices and bulk discounts!) but now have no other way to reach this particular audience of vidiots I'm not trying to make a fortune - I am just a normal person who is trying to eke out extra money where it's available for me to do so and also reduce some clutter (possible hoarding ) at the same time.

Like I said, I have literally spent hours going through my DVDs, getting my list together so this is beyond frustrating. Is there any other option besides Facebook (which I don't like anyway and only have kept for VF Roost) for selling (besides eBay, where you have to create an individual listing for each DVD and it wouldn't specifically target the people who are specifically looking for workout DVDs)? I know there is also a Tapatalk forum but I don't think many people look at it.

Sorry for the rant-y post, but I'm hoping someone has an alternative idea for this and I know VFers will understand!
Old 10-09-22, 05:02 PM  
Floren

Oh no! Sorry that happened to you.

Maybe one of us could repost the list into VF Roost for you, since you are in FB Jail and can't create a post? Are you allowed to make comments? If so, you could still conduct the business in the comments as normal.

Also, maybe the list could be broken up between a few posts, in order to avoid the same fate :-)
Old 10-09-22, 05:04 PM  
ADoll

I'm so sorry that happened. That is beyond frustrating. I am one of those who successfully bought some DVDs from you. I don't have any ideas but hopefully you can get rid of the rest of your DVDs.
Old 10-09-22, 05:13 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thanks for the comments I appreciate the offer to have someone repost the list, but I would hate for the same thing to happen to someone else! I did try to repost a new, shorter list, but it was immediately deleted. I'm kind of stuck on what the best option might be.

Here's what Facebook said about the reason for restricting my account:
We don't allow people to get likes, follows, shares or video views in a way that's misleading to others.
We define spam as things like:
• Repeating the same comment
• Getting fake likes, follows, shares or video views
• Coordinating likes and shares to mislead others about the popularity of something

I wouldn't consider my list to have been categorized under any of those things, lol! Except maybe the repetition of some of the instructor names?

And here's what they said when I tried to disagree with their decision:
You disagreed with the decision
We usually offer the chance to request a review and follow up if we got decisions wrong.
We have fewer reviewers available right now because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We’re trying hard to prioritize reviewing content with the most potential for harm.
This means we may not be able to follow up with you, though your feedback helps us do better in the future.
Thank you for understanding.
If your content goes against our Community Standards again, your account may be restricted or disabled.

So I don't think I can post anything else there. I don't use Facebook for anything else, but it also sounds like it could possibly affect my Facebook account in general, not just on VF Roost.
Old 10-09-22, 05:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Sorry this happened to you! I would be so frustrated! Did you have a backup spreedsheet or document where you had all your dvd listings saved or are you starting from scratch each time you list?

On ebay you can put "lot" in the title and take 1-3 high quality photos of the dvds spine up in a group or group and sell them that way. Or you can group them into several listings like "Lot of 15 Cathe fitness dvd workouts" or "Lot of 15 various yoga workout dvds". Tell people to zoom in on photo(s) to see titles and list the condition as "good" or whatever the worst condition dvd is in the lot. Then cross your fingers you get a "good buyer". Still a pain to sell on ebay in some ways but it's possible. I've only had a couple "bad buyers" over the years. I don't sell a lot though on ebay and usually not fitness dvds.
Old 10-09-22, 05:22 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Sorry this happened to you! I would be so frustrated! Did you have a backup spreedsheet or document where you had all your dvd listings saved or are you starting from scratch each time you list?

On ebay you can put "lot" in the title and take 1-3 high quality photos of the dvds spine up in a group or group and sell them that way. Or you can group them into several listings like "Lot of 15 Cathe fitness dvd workouts" or "Lot of 15 various yoga workout dvds". Tell people to zoom in on photo(s) to see titles and list the condition as "good" or whatever the worst condition dvd is in the lot. Then cross your fingers you get a "good buyer". Still a pain to sell on ebay in some ways but it's possible. I've only had a couple "bad buyers" over the years. I don't sell a lot though on ebay and usually not fitness dvds.
I did copy and paste the list into a Word document, luckily! I guess I will have to try eBay, but I'm estimating it's just going to take a lot longer to offload what I have since the buyer has to do the seeking out to find what I have. And I think you have to get more creative to offer the benefit to the buyer to purchase multiples or choose different random DVDs in one group. I liked the idea of the buyer creating their own "lot". A lot of the duplicates in my own collection are from lots I purchased for some specific items that also included items I already had but it still made economical sense to purchase the lot. I might also try Poshmark, because I have purchased workout DVDs there successfully, but again, that makes the buyer have to seek out the item instead of having the items available to list for the right audience of buyers.

I appreciate the suggestions though, because I'm determined to still get this done, lol! I just am going to have to get more creative and put in some more work. Please keep any ideas coming
Old 10-09-22, 07:11 PM  
sbh

You could post your list at Tapatalk VF Roost and provide a link to the list in a Facebook post.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Old 10-09-22, 07:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Please try on Tapatalk....and if you don't get enough interaction then please include your eBay seller ID on Tapatalk so we can take a look if you go that route!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-09-22, 07:32 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
You could post your list at Tapatalk VF Roost and provide a link to the list in a Facebook post.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Please try on Tapatalk....and if you don't get enough interaction then please include your eBay seller ID on Tapatalk so we can take a look if you go that route!
Thank you! I will probably try to go that route but I will probably have to work on it next weekend (working a ton right now during the week!)

Thanks for everyone's help so far
Old 10-09-22, 07:37 PM  
carly

Stephanie, You could create a 2nd/new facebook account. You will need to use a different email address or phone number for the new account. After that you will need to get accepted at VF Roost again. I maintain two facebook accounts one with my real name for friends and the second one is my nickname "Carly" for all my workout groups and correspondence.

Also, were you trying to sell any Beachbody DVD's? I know Beachbody has been trying to stop resales of all their merchandise on Amazon and such. Maybe they have a stop/search on Facebook?

Tags
facebook, selling dvds, vf roost