Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-01, 08:26 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Gilad does CURTSY dips!! *grin!*

I ordered Gilad's Quick Fit series (except abs, I have enough ab tapes I don't do already! ha.). Anyway, I was previewing the lower body workout and it looks GREAT. I can't wait to do it. Gilad does some interesting variations on squats and does, of all things, CURTSY dips!! I about died laughing! I've always loved the curtsy dips in Super Sculpting, they seem to hit a different spot than the usual straight dips (and they've never bothered my knees at all). But Gilad doing curtsy dips. . . somehow I just kept imagining him in a Firm-style leotard with hose or something!

I'll let you all know how I like the workout after I do it, but for now at least it LOOKS very good. I think I'll add weight for most of it, Gilad only adds weight for dips and lunges. I am VERY excited about this workout! Twenty minutes of lower body hell! Looks like he gets about as much packed into 20 minutes as is humanly possible. Gotta love EFFICIENT workouts!

And you've gotta love the sight of Gilad doing curtsy dips. haha.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 08:30 PM  
Rainy L.
VF Supporter

Wink Gilad is a girly-man, yah!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Thanks for the minipreview, Susan. Can't wait to hear how you survive lower-body hell!

Do 5 good Kegels right now!
Rainy L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 11:59 PM  
nycdiane

a wha....?

I'm not a fan of the Firm, so I have no clue what a curtsy dip is - would you be kind enough to describe it? Doesn't the Firm call rear lunges "dips?"

Dying to know...

nycdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01, 10:55 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

If Gilad is a girly man

I wish all men were!! whoo hoo! I just finished watching Gilad's Bodies in Motion & what did he do? Curtsy dips!

Yes, Diane, dips are backward lunges ala the Firm. Curtsy dips take the back leg back & over like doing a curtsy. I'll tell you my knees hurt just watching but part of that may have been the speed. I definitely prefer doing lunges, forward or backward, at a slow controlled speed & onto & off of my step.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote