Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-12, 05:21 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
I caved and bought it as well, that makes WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many DVDs for me this year - but for $89.90 shipped I thought it was a good deal. Good thing I decided to wait!!

...Cheryl
I'm seeing $120.
Old 06-20-12, 05:53 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I thought it was $145?
It was at first. But they lowered the price to $90 and Dawn gave a code on the first page of this thread that takes $25 off which just happens to be what they charge for shipping. I think it's interesting though - they take the $25 off the $90 and then charge $25 for shipping. I assume that's so, if anyone decides to take advantage of their 90-day money-back guarantee, they'll only have to refund $65.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 08:39 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
It was at first. But they lowered the price to $90 and Dawn gave a code on the first page of this thread that takes $25 off which just happens to be what they charge for shipping. I think it's interesting though - they take the $25 off the $90 and then charge $25 for shipping. I assume that's so, if anyone decides to take advantage of their 90-day money-back guarantee, they'll only have to refund $65.
But when I click on the link I'm seeing $120.
Old 06-20-12, 08:48 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
But when I click on the link I'm seeing $120.
oh wow - I clicked on the link too and they must have just changed it. I ordered late this morning and got it for the $90 including shipping.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 08:52 PM  
IrishOT

Grrrrrr. Now I'm mad I didn't order sooner. If they don't re-lower the price I may pass on this. I wonder if I contact CS if they will give the lower price. If not, I guess I will not be ordering....
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 09:36 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

IrishOT - please let us know what they say.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 10:54 PM  
muffins135

I was going to order the set tomorrow....boo to the price increase. $44.94 for shipping to Canada with the $25 discount the total is $139.79
They must have been selling more sets in the last few days so upped the price.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 06:59 AM  
kariev34

I don't know how I missed this thread. These look great! I wish there were clips of the workouts. The stuff they show on the website are not enough.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 08:29 AM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Ugh!! I can't stand all these price changes! I was going to wait until next week to order, but now that they've raised the price $30 I'm out. They could have given some warning, at least!
Old 06-21-12, 05:06 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Oh man!! I received mine today (only about 1 week, not 4-6!) and I don't know why Body Beast had to come out right now!! I really am impressed with the packaging of this system (the box that holds all the materials has a neat little magnetic closure) and with everything that comes with it. I got it for the $90 price (with the $25 off which negated the shipping costs) but seeing as it is now priced the same as P90X or P90X2, it comes with everything those systems do but with more detailed booklets. The best part is the large, 90 day workout tracker. It is a full size, 196 page wire bound book that gives you tons of info and room to track your progress with the program.

So, currently for the same price as other big systems, you get the DVDs, a ball w/pump, a resistance band, fat calipers, tape measure, very comprehensive nutrition guide and fitness guide, wall poster, and the workout log. My Body Beast package has already shipped as well, but now I think I am going to wait until it gets here and preview them both before I decide which to do first.

Again, just very impressed with the content and packaging of the system and would not have been disappointed if I had paid the higher price. Will have to do some serious previewing now!!

ETA: Considering I just paid the same amount (more, actually, with shipping) for Body Beast Basic set which only includes the DVDs and booklets, this system is already the better value "stuff"-wise. Workout-wise remains to be seen

Tags
breakdowns, frank sepe, met-rx, met-rx 180, www.metrx180.com