Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-26-13, 03:45 PM  
firmiewannabe

Toot your horn! 2013 fitness accomplishments!

2013 is soon drawing to a close. What are your 2013 fitness accomplishments? They can be big or small! Take a moment to toot your own horn on the good things you have done for your fitness/health in 2013!

Mine =

Stayed more consistent. The Just the Workouts check-in really helped me track my workouts each month. I'll be doing it again in 2014.

Nope I didn't drop major weight this year...but I am more fit than previous years. Good evidence of that = I went to a National Park in October and was able to participate in all of the hikes. I knew that my body was fit enough and ready for the challenge! This was a great feeling.
Old 12-26-13, 04:19 PM  
bubbles76

Here are some "great to me" fitness accomplishments:
  1. I tried 100 virgin workout dvds
  2. I am more toned and stronger than I have been in quite some time. I have my shiny new 20 and 25 pound dumbbells to prove it!
  3. Although I wasn't planning on it, I've dropped some weight and am eating better (holidays don't count, hee hee). I've incorporated more veggies and proteins in my diet, and cut down on the carbs (again, holidays don't count, ha!).
  4. I've also been working out consistently 6 days a week, as opposed to 5. That was part of my goal for the new year, and for the past 6 months I've pretty much stuck to that.
  5. I haven't jumped on every fitness bandwagon that has come about, which has been so hard to do!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-26-13, 04:20 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I completed a 5k that was actually more like a four miler walk/wog for the Wounded Warrior Project. I had to train a lot for it because of back issues and other issues. But now I can do that route, which is through the woods and faces some pretty rough terrain and hills, whenever I put my mind to it.

I also participated in moving the office I work in this fall. It was a horrendous effort and I surprised myself by having the stamina, strength and wherewithal to handle all that physical labor and then treat my poor sore back at home with various yoga programs. To me that was a testament that maybe I'm not as unfit as I perceive myself to be.
Old 12-26-13, 04:35 PM  
cherimac

Some of us posted a few on this thread too.

http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...d.php?t=199005
Old 12-26-13, 05:15 PM  
suegy3

I lost 50 lbs since July. And I cut out sweets and started working out.
Old 12-26-13, 05:27 PM  
sherry7899

Congratulations to everyone-amazing accomplishments!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 12-26-13, 05:27 PM  
raeven

I got a fitbit and have been far more active since then. I get over 10k pretty much every day since September, minus sicknesses and super busy times like holidays. Also I actually completed a rotation and stayed consistent for a couple of months. Also have been tracking foods and been much more mindful of what I'm eating.

So, basically, working on laying a good solid foundation for a new lifestyle, versus my usual attempts to dive in and try to get the weight off fast. Big steps for me
Old 12-26-13, 06:03 PM  
cristinalatina

I gave birth to an almost 8 pound baby boy naturally, without pain relief but a few puffs of gas and air. I was discharged from the hospital 10 hours after labor. I consider this a major, major fitness accomplishment.

I am wearing now the same size 6 pants and dresses that I wore pre-pregnancy, even though my hips are definitely wider Who cares, really! I'm proud of my post baby shape, despite being unable to exercise for more that 15-20 minutes a day!
Old 12-26-13, 06:13 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I lost 50 lbs since July. And I cut out sweets and started working out.
Hi suegy3 - Congratulations on the weight loss!
Old 12-26-13, 06:13 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I am impressed with everyone's accomplishments here !!

Tags
accomplishments, fitness achievements